Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin City thugs 2012

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

The death of the journalist Eugene Moloney over the weekend has brought this problem back into the spotlight. A 55 year old man killed by drunken lowlifes as he walked home from a night out. Senseless.

Yeah that was terrible. A hard working man can't even walk home now without the risk of being murdered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

At the risk of going off-topic,
    I've never been to Donnybrook fair so I cant say which is fresher :P

But you got to be careful with Moore street. I remember being told many years ago that there was a 'classic trick' they did there.
    That's If you werent looking/paying attention or didnt specifically request which pieces of fruit you wanted. They would bag up the old fruit from the back and give it to you.
    sorry,but maybe it has changed in the last few years.but the people that work the stands would tell you to watch yourself,tell ya the story.
    plus were to get the cheap fags.old dears of dublin,gotta love them.
    they would lose bussiness other wise.in sayin that.i havnt been their in two years.

but i cant belive the salts of the earth have changed that much?:o:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

No No you missed my point. The justice system should not be letting people walk around with suspended sentences when they already have several convictions for violence. Their lack of action over the years has caused things to get this bad. Where these kind of scenes are all too common. Thats why I blame them, and the lack of moral in the Gardai (as someone mentioned already) Is a direct result of them fighting a losing battle.

How can Alan Shatter sleep at night.

I think the whole prison system needs to be improved first because then you can keep people interned for longer periods of time without risking overcrowding in our present prison facilities. For instance, Mountjoy, as a prison, is a disgrace and completely inadequate; each cell was only built to hold 2 people, yet oftentimes there can be up to 5 people in each cell. Prisons in Ireland are too overcrowded, which may be one reason why so may people are getting off with suspended sentences. I think a large open-air make-ship internment camp (like Mosney) should build somewhere down to country to hold prisoners until proper prisons are built.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

I worked in town for many a year (don't any more thank god),i hated it then but is even worse now,i fear for my 18 year old & 16 year old every time they go in to town even during the day,kip of a city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Yeah that was terrible. A hard working man can't even walk home now without the risk of being murdered.

what happened to that journalist shocked me. ive walked that street/area thousands of times on my own pissed and luckily never came across trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Pedant wrote: »
    I think the whole prison system needs to be improved

I agree, desolate field, electrified fence, intolerant guards with dogs, wooden unheated huts, 15hour day working, a big MF cooler and FEAR loads of FEAR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

On the plus side they caught Alan Shatters bugler in 2 minutes flat, and are using forensic evidence against him. He is looking at a possible 10 years. Amazing just how effective our legal system can be when the right people are fcked with...

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Sounds like yer wan at the end calls the Gard a Mullagh after calling them a scumbag and sayin they're dead. Really are vile creatures in towns and cities in Ireland that need to be gassed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

marcsignal wrote: »
    I agree, desolate field, electrified fence, intolerant guards with dogs, wooden unheated huts, 15hour day working, a big MF cooler and FEAR loads of FEAR.
    One or two gas chambers for "delousing" wouldn't be a bad idea either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I'm a huge critic of AGS but you won't hear me saying that that little fucking scumbag didn't deserve what he got. Fair play to you Guard. Fair play.

Pedant wrote: »
    One or two gas chambers for "delousing" wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I would prefer them to experience what they like to dish out. They need a taste of their own medicine, and no mammy or social worker to plead they were from a broke home, or any of that other bolloxology.

Bring them to a level of being in fear of their own lives, and then consider hitting the reset button, but not before.
    I'm a huge critic of AGS but you won't hear me saying that that little fucking scumbag didn't deserve what he got. Fair play to you Guard. Fair play.

Not a big fan either, but they are working with one hand tied behind their backs, because the system is old, unworkable, and does not reflect changing times.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭beherenow

No No you missed my point. The justice system should not be letting people walk around with suspended sentences when they already have several convictions for violence. Their lack of action over the years has caused things to get this bad. Where these kind of scenes are all too common. Thats why I blame them, and the lack of moral in the Gardai (as someone mentioned already) Is a direct result of them fighting a losing battle.

How can Alan Shatter sleep at night.

Whoa there a sec..

"The justice system should not be letting people walk around with suspended sentences when they already have several convictions for violence"

Agree.

"Thats why I blame them, and the lack of moral in the Gardai"

Who are the people who arrest and prepare the evidence to convict these people? Its the judges who apply sentences..

What you are doing here is putting the men and women of the Gardai into the same arena of the Court system. They are separate entities.

No Gardai = No convictions.

beherenow wrote: »
    Its the judges who apply sentences..

Get the top six judges in the country, dump them on O Connell St, Camden St, or Harcourt St on a Saturday night.

You will see new laws PDQ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Another day, another thing in this country I see that fails to surprise me anymore. AGS go through this every day in Dublin and around the country, its nothing new.

Hell, this kind of **** happens at all hours on O'connel street. Has anybody here ever been to Dublin without witnessing a filthy souless knacker junkie off his head, or B: Someone kicking in the front window of Burger King on O'connell st at 7pm? Id say nobody has to be honest.

I genuinly hope he dies, and I dont care what any little pc social worker has to say, piss off, nobody wants these people alive in society. The world has too many humans as it is and we dont need these waste of oxygen excuse for humans clogging up society. They're hardly even humans, a bag of f*ckin meat is all they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭beherenow

marcsignal wrote: »
    Get the top six judges in the country, dump them on O Connell St, Camden St, or Harcourt St on a Saturday night.

You will see new laws PDQ.

Now there's an idea.

Althought, the laws are there already, its the application of the sentencing powers that seems to be the issue.

In relation to the Gardai; too many chiefs not enough Indians.. We need more Gardai on the ground and they need the support of their bosses, the public. And the Ombudsman could take the frivolous cases and **** right off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Waiting for "The leftie brigade has arrived................":D

Believe me I am not a leftie but was left confused by some of the comments with respect to the clip.

1. These people didn't appear to be junkies(as a few posters at the start of the thread were making reference to). Note to AH'ers about to jump on me, I ABHOR JUNKIES. But still not sure as to the relevance of those remarks about junkies in relation to this clip.

2. For the sake of arguement, this was a 1 and a halfish minute clip.
    Does anyone know what happened before shooting of the footage took place?

3. I have at times felt like doing some serious damage to "individuals" in the local. But seeing this recorded, does it seem just to bay for blood when we really dont know what happened(looks like yer man took a serious beating, which I have know to happen to innocent kids in my area, just because they were from said area)

Dont have to be junkies. Just some obnoxious scaldy Dubs, the likes that pile into Charlies on Dame St at the end of a night. Vermin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Dont have to be junkies. Just some obnoxious scaldy Dubs, the likes that pile into Charlies on Dame St at the end of a night. Vermin

I not only take serious offence to this comment but I also take umbridge:mad:

I am not scum, but love Charlies at the end of a night(which is rare but when I am in Dublin):mad::mad::mad::mad:

Cheek of you;)

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Another day, another thing in this country I see that fails to surprise me anymore. AGS go through this every day in Dublin and around the country, its nothing new.

Hell, this kind of **** happens at all hours on O'connel street. Has anybody here ever been to Dublin without witnessing a filthy souless knacker junkie off his head, or B: Someone kicking in the front window of Burger King on O'connell st at 7pm? Id say nobody has to be honest.

I genuinly hope he dies, and I dont care what any little pc social worker has to say, piss off, nobody wants these people alive in society. The world has too many humans as it is and we dont need these waste of oxygen excuse for humans clogging up society. They're hardly even humans, a bag of f*ckin meat is all they are.

Eh, yeah. Me and I live in the City Centre.

Please stop your guff about generalising about the densest population in Ireland ta very much

Drug use should not be a criminal problem, it's a health problem. Check out what's going on in Portugal before you attack me :pac:

D*ckead in that video got what he deserved. Looks like it's on the corner of Henry St away from the Spire (across from the Toymaster I think?)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

Use the bastards as human guinea pigs to test drugs on.
    Scum doesn't learn.
    like dogs,keep feedin' 'em free drugs,you'll soon have to adopt them.
    Nobody likes the neighbour with to many junkies in their garden,sometimes getting loose and sh!tting/humping in yours.

• Advertisement

mishkalucy wrote: »
    [/B]

I not only take serious offence to this comment but I also take umbridge:mad:

I am not scum, but love Charlies at the end of a night(which is rare but when I am in Dublin):mad::mad::mad::mad:

Cheek of you;)

I do too but have seen these scrotes pile in all loud mouthed.

My sincerest apologies ma'am.

* Tips hat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

cocoshovel wrote: »

I've lived in Dublin all my life. A is common enough because of shíte planning I.E a load of heroin related clinics / projects confined to the city centre but B is pure and utter bollox. I have never once seen someone kicking in the front window and I don't know anyone who has. Only 2 have I seen the front windows damaged. You make it sound like it's a daily occurrence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

seriously, whats dublin coming to.... absolute animals. time to build that super prison and lock up these thugs

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=514_1340587444

Dublin City.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement