Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good night spots

Options
  • 25-06-2012 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks im going to Galway in July and wondering, where are the good lively night spots,
    Is there any good disco bars
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Kings Head and then perhaps Halo.
    Age?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

The Wright Venue isnt a bad option, Only 2.5 hrs to get to if you get a bus between a few of ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Thanks for the replies,.
    We are both in our late 20s so dont wana go anywhere full of drunken kids,
    I think i'll ive the Wright Venue a miss :),

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Halo has an older crowd (23+), not saying they're any more sober though :)
    www.thekingshead.ie
    www.halonightclub.com

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Plenty of pubs bottom of shop street and quay street for all tastes. Or head across the river to Domnick street.

I for one don't like Kings head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

also folks where would you recommend for a good beer garden,
    Thanks again for all your replys ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

O connells on the square have a great beer garden, jurys if the weather good. Blue note have a nice smoking area if it's raining

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Is there any good disco bars
    No, discos dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Is there anything good on in Galway City tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

silent disco in roisins tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

silent disco in roisins tonight

Spotted that on their facebook page a fiver in and a free pint isn't too bad i suppose.

Wouldn't mind a decent table quiz or a good live band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

ScumLord wrote: »
    No, discos dead.

Disco is not dead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Halo and Kings Head, prententious drunks and tourists.

If you're over 25, O'Connells, Salthouse, O'Conors of Salthill, The Quays, Massimos and Roisin Dubh are all places where you can have a proper laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

it really all just depends on taste. some people who go to the roisin dubh or blue note will have a snobbery about places like buskers and halo and the same can be said vice versa. depends on if you consider yourself part of a certain scene. i personally would suggest any of them as i have had a good night in both for different reasons. my advice just head down shop and quay street and do a pub crawl until you find somewhere you really like. you cant throw a stone around that area without hitting some pub that someone will say is great (well unless you hit one of the tourist :-P ) also head over the river and you will find loads more great bars. its galway its packed wall to wall with pubs :-)

Advertisement