Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who wants an Adventure

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I'm up for adventure and mischief, will someone be able to spot me until next week though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

An adventure isn't fun while it's happening.

We'll need to invite a good editor to make it more exciting on film when we look back on it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Bajingo wrote: »
    We'll need to invite a good editor to make it more exciting on film when we look back on it.
    Alcohol ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

Bucket list - keep meaning to write one of those but adventuring keeps getting in the way:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This is on a much much lower scale but as a fun first date I took a girl on a mini adventure. In one afternoon/evening we went to:

- The Oldest Pub in Ireland The Brazen Head
    - The Highest Pub in Ireland Johnny Foxes
    - The Longest Pub in Ireland The Hole in the Wall.

It was something different from the usual first date I thought :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I vote we organise a boards adventure.

It can be like a '10.15 to Nutley' type thing...we all get bus tickets to some place pulled outta a hat (like Lisdoonvarna), meet in Bus Aras and head off for the night. Flippantly bidding adieu to the lives we knew before, and returning from our one-night of shenanigans as changed people!!

So it's like a boards beers but in a ****e location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Ficheall wrote: »
    So it's like a boards beers but in a ****e location?

Exactly. But maybe with tents. And a tin whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I vote we organise a boards adventure.

It can be like a '10.15 to Nutley' type thing...we all get bus tickets to some place pulled outta a hat (like Lisdoonvarna), meet in Bus Aras and head off for the night. Flippantly bidding adieu to the lives we knew before, and returning from our one-night of shenanigans as changed people!!

And bring tents so that we can set up camp somewhere and party like mad gits!

EDIT: Feck ya Raminahobbin you got in there before me.

I have always wanted an "adventure" of working in a refugee camp or with street kids in some of the poorest places in the world. I had signed up to go work in Bosnia during the war but found out I was pregnant with my eldest so had to scrap that but now as my youngest has only a few years left of education I am thinking again that I can go do something like that.

Failing that I want to buy a camper van and just travel around the world working at any jobs to bring in enough money to live and move on when am bored. Hoping to take my youngest to live somewhere for at least a year instead of him doing transition year as a mini adventure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

bluewolf wrote: »
    that's funny you say that, my friend is going to borneo in a few weeks
    It's not really "funny" at all though, is it? Or even odd...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Anyway, I would love to travel down the west coast of Ireland, camping out everywhere and going to a different pub every night meeting the locals just enjoying the atmosphere. Of course having a festival on in the town would help. During the day explore the beaches and mountains, go swimming in lakes etc. I done a lot of day-trips around the North West last summer and I have to say it was one of the better experiences I have had. Visited Waterfalls, Castles, Sea cliffs, old historic forts, beaches, lakes, winding mountain passes and little villages. Twas amazing.

After that, I dunno where I would want to go. Maybe Alaska or Canada somewhere. Out of the way of the usual traps that seem to catch the Irish whenever they go abroad.

I think everyone in the country should be allowed 3 months off sometime in their lifetime to have an adventure.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Been there and absolutely hated it over there
    Your loss then. Plenty of adventuring to be had across Australia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Witchie wrote: »
    And bring tents so that we can set up camp somewhere and party like mad gits!

EDIT: Feck ya Raminahobbin you got in there before me.

I have always wanted an "adventure" of working in a refugee camp or with street kids in some of the poorest places in the world. I had signed up to go work in Bosnia during the war but found out I was pregnant with my eldest so had to scrap that but now as my youngest has only a few years left of education I am thinking again that I can go do something like that.

Failing that I want to buy a camper van and just travel around the world working at any jobs to bring in enough money to live and move on when am bored. Hoping to take my youngest to live somewhere for at least a year instead of him doing transition year as a mini adventure.

I spent a bit of time in refugee camps in the Sahara, well worth the experience if you have the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I want to stay in an underwater hotel... and bone someone up against the window to make the fish jealous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

smash wrote: »
    I want to stay in an underwater hotel... and bone someone up against the window to make the fish jealous!

That sounds freaking awesome

Maybe the two of you could hook up?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

humidity is a problem though :(

Sailing in the Fresian Islands or trekking in Iceland

• Advertisement

I'll come to Iceland with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Dam i thought the OP actually had an adventure planned and was looking for willing volunteers :(

phill106 wrote: »
    Dam i thought the OP actually had an adventure planned and was looking for willing volunteers :(

No adventure yet...But I'm hoping to be in Canada this time next year...just need money to get over there first

I'll come to Iceland with you.
    I dub thee Passepartout.

Who'll be Tico?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

So who of ye want to break free from the mundanity of life, and have an adventure. For those of use who watch a lot of movies or read a lot of literature, do you want to just have one adventure in your life that could be compared to something you've read or seen on the big screen...

Live go to a far away land, fall in love.
    Have one amazing day, were you do everything you've wanted to do a kin to Ferris Bueller.
    Or have a live experience like any one of John Hughes movies.

This came to mind when I was watching "Jeff, Who Lives At Home", in combination with trying to figure out what I want in live.

I'm currently single, broke and unemployed with a worthless college degree, don't particulary want to go back to college, or work in dunnes/tesco stacking shelves or work 60 hour weeks...I seem to know what I don't want, but for what I want...

So who wants an adventure, or whom of you have had an adventure you'd like to share...

I know this is AH's so I'm expecting some fairly epic adventures:D

If you have a degree and stuck in a bit of a rut. Here's some advice my friend. Do a pretty decent tefl course, start researching teaching jobs in Asia and all the things that come with living there. Save what ever you can and just go and you will get that adventure you are looking for!

Just think in a few months you'll be living like a king and doing a fun job with good money and not working that many hours for it.

Don't worry about flights as most schools pay that. If you go Korea they'll pay flights and accommodation and a pretty decent wage. Any questions just ask.

If my idea is a crappy one to you may I suggest taking acid and go live in Disneyland for a few hours.

Tic toc tic toc time is running out!

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

I would like an adventure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I will join you on your adventure OP.

If you have a degree and stuck in a bit of a rut. Here's some advice my friend. Do a pretty decent tefl course, start researching teaching jobs in Asia and all the things that come with living there. Save what ever you can and just go and you will get that adventure you are looking for!

Just think in a few months you'll be living like a king and doing a fun job with good money and not working that many hours for it.

Don't worry about flights as most schools pay that. If you go Korea they'll pay flights and accommodation and a pretty decent wage. Any questions just ask.

If my idea is a crappy one to you may I suggest taking acid and go live in Disneyland for a few hours.

Don't those TEFL course cost a fortune?

You can do a crap one for half of nothing. And even a good one would cost less than your trip to Canada.

You can do a crap one for half of nothing. And even a good one would cost less than your trip to Canada.

I remember looking into a few years back and remember seeing one for €1,500.

Haven't looked in a while now, on the phone at the mo so I'll wait till I'm back on the laptop to do a search

Maybe the two of you could hook up?
    /backs out of thread now

/backs out of thread now

Watch what you're backing into there

/backs out of thread now

Ha ha I've always assumed you were a fella, especially with that avatar

Ass against the thread walls...

• Advertisement

Ass against the thread walls...

That's a little graphic for the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Some do and some dont maybe a couple of hundred. You don't really even need it in most places its just so you have some idea going into the classroom. You could probably find stuff on YouTube. I didn't do one because after 3 or 4 weeks you do be flying anyway so it's not major. It's just handy to have and might get you a bit of extra pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Musiconomist

Omackeral wrote: »
    This is on a much much lower scale but as a fun first date I took a girl on a mini adventure. In one afternoon/evening we went to:

- The Oldest Pub in Ireland The Brazen Head
    - The Highest Pub in Ireland Johnny Foxes
    - The Longest Pub in Ireland The Hole in the Wall.

It was something different from the usual first date I thought :)

It was something similar to the usual last date, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Musiconomist

I'd love to cycle across a country. Maybe Italy or Austria. That'd be cool, I think. Should only take a week or so. More if you stopped off to enjoy it. On second thought, enjoying it would be the more enjoyable option.

Advertisement