Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather for the Irish Open Golf this weekend.

Options
  • 26-06-2012 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Do any of ye know is there alot of rain expected this weekend in Portrush for the Irish Open Golf Championship?M.T is saying breezy and unsettled and Met Eireann saying cool and showery but is there an organised band of rain expected or will it just be as they are saying-breezy and showery?Do i just pack my water-proofs and rain jacket or do i ask Noah for a loan of his Ark and park it beside the 18th Green all day?:).
    Any helpful answers appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Plan for very unsettled conditions although Sunday (and Monday if required) may be more pleasant. Thursday looks like occasional thunderstorms may suspend play, with brief torrential downpours. Friday could see another wave of heavy showers. Saturday will bring strong winds and passing showers, likely no rain delays but could be difficult for both players and spectators. Sunday looks okay and Monday could be a warmer, sunny day if they fall behind and have to play round four (I am a golf fan so I know they do this for some tournaments on the USPGA, assume they do on your PGA, but sometimes they just declare a winner after 2-3 rounds if the weather gets bad and it's not a major).

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

My extra protective rain gear pants are coming with me this weekend so.Thanks M.T,im not of these ppl who adds my thanks everyday for your daily forecasts but i do read them(does that make me a free loader:)) so let me just say now a huge thank you for the great work you do on this Forum.

Advertisement