Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dentist says I should floss every day but i dont

• 26-06-2012 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Discuss

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

Shrink says I shouldn't toss every day but I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

If you wish to be a contrarian, here is one for you. Keep making threads of this quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

You should try to floss your teeth as often as possible especially once everyday at least. Prevents gum problems. Don't forget to brush your teeth twice a day as well. Mouthwash might come in handy. The floss gets what ever the brush/mouthwash cannot get at otherwise get a special small brush to toothpick stuff out. Oral hygiene is very important for your overall health. Just have it as part of your daily brushing your teeth routine/ritual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Does anyone actually floss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

brummytom wrote: »

I do. I'm not going to pay a dentist for advice and not then follow it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

brummytom wrote: »

Is that a euphemism?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I use those little rubber brush thingys and floss every night. The way I see it is that each tooth is worth approximately €2000 (implant replacement) so they should be looked after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

I floss everyday. My teeth feel all disgusting if I don't for a couple days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

doovdela wrote: »
    You should try to floss your teeth as often as possible especially once everyday at least. Prevents gum problems. Don't forget to brush your teeth twice a day as well. Mouthwash might come in handy. The floss gets what ever the brush/mouthwash cannot get at otherwise get a special small brush to toothpick stuff out. Oral hygiene is very important for your overall health. Just have it as part of your daily brushing your teeth routine/ritual.

I should also have 3 pieces of fruit,healthy breakfast, 3 square meals, 30 minutes of exercise, 8 hours sleep, sex in the morning and evening- great for my overall health. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Don't forget your dairy, calcium is important for strong healthy teeth!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I have floss but sometimes i just forget to,if i run out i use thread usually..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Poor oral hygiene can and does cause heart problems and other health defects. I don't floss but sometimes I put a toothpick in my mouth and stand around.

I hate it and never do it.. But I did start brushing my teeth about 5 times a day for about a month cause my mouth felt like it was falling apart.. Bit weird, I started noticing other people's bad breath for the first time so now I'm back to twice a day or before I leave the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

This is a big deal for parents out there. Make sure your kids have plenty to ensure strong teeth in adult life.
    I was terrible for milk and dairy when I was young an now as an adult I have very weak and brittle teeth. I've broken teeth eating rashers or pizza. I'm 40 now but from age seventeen I've broken six teeth and the rest aren't great. Nothing can be done now only repair or remove them. I'll tell you our kids drink milk and eat dairy, good oral hygiene and visit the dentist twice a year for review. I don't blame my parents but I don't want them suffering as I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I rarely brush my teeth and I hardly ****ing floss and my teeth are grand. It's all a scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭books4sale

Sindri wrote: »
    I rarely brush my teeth and I hardly ****ing floss and my teeth are grand. It's all a scam.

Hey me too,

Let's join the hard man, tough guy, macho, pump our biceps, teeth are for puffs club together.

You're so cool........and my hero.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

In an episode if some crappy tv show last night, a guy had a heart attack due to bad dental hygiene so in yo face OP

In an episode if some crappy tv show last night, a guy had a heart attack due to bad dental hygiene so in yo face OP

Yeah well thats true for everyone.

The plaque that builds up in your teeth also builds up along the walls of your arteries restricting blood flow to the heart resulting in the inevitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fentdog84 wrote: »
    Discuss
    I'm not sure whether to refer you to Dental forum or Mental forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Future medical advances will save me so I'm grand

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Fentdog84 wrote: »
    Dentist says I should floss every day but i dont

It's a polite way of telling you, you've got rotten food stuck between your teeth and he doesn't want to go near your mouth, not even with a 10 ft barge pole!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

When my Gran was 26 she went to the dentist and he said "You can't afford to keep coming to me. I'll take them all out." Sure enough, he did and she had false teeth since (no oral jokes pls) :D

I go through phrases of flossing but often forget to buy floss. It's good for you though. If you don't do it for a while and then try it, your gums will bleed. Try it again and they might bleed. A couple of more times and they won't so I think good gum hygiene is healthy for you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

A myth and a dangerous one.

Consumption of dairy products actually results in a net loss of calcium in humans due to it's high phosphorus content, which is why in Countries like Holland, Denmark, Finland they have the highest osteoporosis rates in the world yet they are also the highest consumers of Dairy produce.

While not as calcium leeching as say, bacon - dairy it still is a very very poor choice as a calcium source for humans.

Leafy greens are your only man.

http://strongbones.org/

.....and the moral of the story are that bleeding gums are sexy so kiss it.

Advertisement