Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shame at the end of a bottle...

• 26-06-2012 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

Have you ever done anything utterly mortifying after having a few too many drinks?

I wouldnt be the type to get 'messy' drunk, but over the weekend I went beyond messy. To the point where I honestly dont think ill ever drink again.

So share your stories and make me feel a little better!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

and you think not telling us your story is acceptable -

oh, wait - got it. 'Em, so tell us what happened then...'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Have you ever done anything utterly mortifying after having a few too many drinks?
    Everyone who has had a few too many has done something mortifying, as doing something mortifying is the yardstick for a few too many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I should not be allowed near men when I drink heavily

EDIT: darling I hope this makes you feel better :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

I had a doctor in WRH tell me I had 3 fractures on my skull...two I sh*it you not I can not account for...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Yeah I was running around screaming and crying in the middle of the day this weekend. I'm on the drink the whole time now, got a few texts from people today saying the usual stuff: "you're an alcoholic psychopath" "you need to get off the drink" " you're a mess".

Always embarrassing to get those texts but when it comes around to the next day I'm usually feeling fine again and ready to go back on the drink.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

In before Deus

Edit: too late

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I once thanked a post that was a bit sexist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Posted these before:
      Danced with a 50 year old woman
      Got off with a 60 year old woman
      Numerous drunken texts
      Told a girl I could see her fanny
      Pissed in my mom's wardrobe
      Fell asleep on the bar, losing my passport in the process
      Argued I could finish a crate. Doing so, being locked in the garden to sober up and falling asleep against the back door.
      Poured a drink over my friend's head in the middle of Cavan Main St then had an incredibly poor scrap
      Texting a lad I don't particularly like 'You're ridiculously gay'
      Turned down sex, numerous times
      Acquired many items of clothing I still have. Including a hat, sunglasses, 3D glasses, a Guinness Hat and a watch
      Sang to my friend, wearing a back to front cap shouting 'I'M
    DENIS CAHILL'
      Sang 'I Useta Lover' in a session. Forgot the words and screamed

On Saturday, I was at a fleadh (a music competition). Over about 4 hours, I had 4 cans of lager, 8 pints of lager (including one I charged to a random hotel room of a hotel I wasn't staying in), a bottle of £3 white wine, and another glass of wine.

We kept moving between hotels to play tunes after getting kicked out of each one. On the way to the Premier Inn, I threw up the whole way up the road. Lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I wasnt supposed to drink alcohol with the tablets im taking, but I did....

Then I proceeded to tell my relatives my sob stories, dance like I work in a strip club, repeat said sob stories numerous times, moon them, shove handfuls of crisps into my mouth followed by handfuls of dip, and generally be very rude and vulgar until I went to bed....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

I should not be aloud near men when I drink heavily

ah yes, the farting curse.

aint easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Everybody has and you will get over it.

The best way to get over it is to drink to completely blot it out and repeat the cycle ad naseum.

It's worked for me and I'm on my 8th can on a Monday night.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Are you on facebook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

There was a time fadó fadó when taxis were next to impossible to get on busy nights
    You young uns would not remember
    Bad times, I'm reminded of those days when I hear taxi drivers moaning about no work and too much competition

Torrential rain and I had a 7km walk home or queue for a taxi for ages

Decided I'd go to the office and sleep at my desk, seemed a reasonable idea at the time, was just up the road.
    Security guard kicked me out

A few months later someone else did the same and was discovered asleep at their desk in the morning
    Got fired :confused:
    Very harsh imo, I don't think it's a firing offense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Made out with some creepy Brazilian guy who had been following me for the best part of an hour. He then squared up to my male friend, who tried to get me away from him because he kept pulling me away from my friends. Only then did I realise he had a foreign accent. I then shouted at him that he was a Roma gypsy. He re-iterated that he was Brazilian, and I apparently (can't remember!) kept shouting at him to speak to me in Portugese to prove it.

He then tried to follow me home until I pushed him and ran away. Then my shoe's heel snapped off so I took off both shoes and hopped into a taxi.

Good night, from what I can remember of it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

SSHHhhhhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Ive done some pretty embarrassing stuff with a few drinks on me, but never in front of family..! Half of them were sober and will remember!

I was told people were asking how Im doing, they are actually worried about me because of all the crap I was saying.

I just wish I could erase all their memories! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I know the feeling OP! I always feel terrible when I get to the end of the bottle :(

But I just crack open another one and continue the PARTAAAAYYYY!!!! :cool:

ArtSmart wrote: »
    ah yes, the farting curse.

aint easy.

Like a tiny methane factory down there
    Are you on facebook?

I don't drink and facebook :rolleyes:
    Jimoslimos wrote: »
    SSHHhhhhh!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Are you on facebook?

Of course she's not.

With that username she's obviously on Bebo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

few pints at the weekend? maybe some shots after that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ive done many things that were very embarrasing when i was drunk. some people here will know what im talking about but one really cringy thing looking back at it now was walking down camden street/portobello about 5 in the morning with my ipod on and me singing beetlebum at the top of my voice not realising i was (i thought i was singing in my head)
    years ago now but i still cringe when i think back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

All the messing aside, the Island by Paul Brady...one tune.....always brings me down to an even keel.....I think "some" of us have reached the end of a bottle and for some reason or another we look stubbornly back up and come fighting back...no shame at the end of a bottle..once you keep your eye on the horizon and realise that its hope you're aiming for and not despair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

It'll be better tomorrow, Bubs.

Tomorrow, man. What kind of dope fiend be talking about tomorrow? Tomorrow ain't ****. Today, Johnny, today.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

It'll be better tomorrow, Bubs.

Tomorrow, man. What kind of dope fiend be talking about tomorrow? Tomorrow ain't ****. Today, Johnny, today.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I'm drunk for the first time dince JANUAUAURY!!

yaaaYYYY!!!

wHGAT was the ceistion again?

hic. . . . ,/.. . . . . .

Every TimE I'm frunk i walways sing this little song.

I think it substansiestmates the type of people I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Probably the worst thing I did was allow a girl to pull my pants down and take my cock out in front of a bunch of people on the dance floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Worst one was probably the time I thought it would be great craic to go underage drinking with the gang aged about 15.

It was my first time drinking and sharing a litre of vodka with the best friend seemed like a great plan. Half a litre seemed like a perfectly acceptable amount of alcohol for a first time.

I was about 3/4 way through my half when I realised that I was off my face and started panicking that my mother would notice.

The lads told me that if I ate dry leaves off the ground, it'd sober me up straight away and my mam wouldn't notice a thing.

I obliged, about 15 leaves later I started throwing up, then passed out. My friends stopped a passing squad car cos they thought I was dead. The gaurds called an ambulance.

I ended up having to get my stomach pumped, and needless to say, my mother found out. Moral of the story, I was a little knacker when I was a teenager and leaves do not make you sober. :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

It's spelt 'allowed' dear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭stek

I turn very quite and timid when I get drunk, its a curse.

Andy!! wrote: »

I know, wasn't bothered to edit the post.

And watch your tone :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

I once entered a 48 hour Irish Danicng Competition, but failed the drug test :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

Couldnt get a taxi. Remembered that you had to get through 2 doors to get to the ATM on some street in Temple Bar. Best nights sleep ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Went to Manchester when I was 17
    Was approached by a streetwalker. I was drunkish but I said I didn't fancy syphilis for a fee which really pissed her off.

Got so roudy that I got thrown out of a gambling club by security (god knows how I got in but I still have the membership:confused:)

Proceeded to scream and shout "come on the ****in scousers!!!" while in a very rough all-Man U pub and all around town that night. Don't know how I wasn't stabbed tbh!

Went to the jacks and spent all my change on condoms?? I don't think I even pulled!

And me and my friends kept asking randomers on the street where the strip club was. Very classy btw...

But WORST OF ALLl we never found it! We never got to go to long legs!

This was pretty much my pathetic drink induced reaction: Crying-Gif-2.gif

:o

So yeah, just a slight bit of shame but I'll never forget how much fun I had!:D

1ZRed wrote: »
    Went to Manchester when I was 17
    Was approached by a streetwalker. I was drunkish but I said I didn't fancy syphilis for a fee which really pissed her off.

Got so roudy that I got thrown out of a gambling club by security (god knows how I got in but I still have the membership:confused:)

Proceeded to scream and shout "come on the ****in scousers!!!" while in a very rough all-Man U pub and all around town that night. Don't know how I wasn't stabbed tbh!

Went to the jacks and spent all my change on condoms?? I don't think I even pulled!

And me and my friends kept asking randomers on the street where the strip club was. Very classy btw...

But WORST OF ALLl we never found it! We never got to go to long legs!

This was pretty much my pathetic drink induced reaction: Crying-Gif-2.gif

:o

So yeah, just a slight bit of shame but I'll never forget how much fun I had!:D
    I feel your pain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

...fire...lots of fire....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Blocked a nitelink but putting a traffic cone in the middle of the road, right in front of some politicians garda driver.

Almost got banned from my local for stealing pint glasses and throwing them at the roundabout outside.

Remember leaving a friends house and then arriving home covered in blood with a huge gash in my head. no idea to this day what happened in between.

Being a warden on a well know scout camp-site one nite, on the lash. Urgent requirement to vomit suddenly hits me, rush outside, evacuate my stomach and get found 5 mins later hosing the entire yard down for some reason :o

Good times :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

brummytom wrote: »
      Got off with a 60 year old woman

****ing 'ell.
    brummytom wrote: »
      Texting a lad I don't particularly like 'You're ridiculously gay'

You like him enough to have his number though. :p

mikemac1 wrote: »
    There was a time fadó fadó when taxis were next to impossible to get on busy nights
    You young uns would not remember
    Bad times, I'm reminded of those days when I hear taxi drivers moaning about no work and too much competition

Torrential rain and I had a 7km walk home or queue for a taxi for ages

Decided I'd go to the office and sleep at my desk, seemed a reasonable idea at the time, was just up the road.
    Security guard kicked me out

A few months later someone else did the same and was discovered asleep at their desk in the morning
    Got fired :confused:
    Very harsh imo, I don't think it's a firing offense

Waiting 2 hours for a taxi was standard, load of bollix. I remember!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

And watch your tone :cool:

Or what... you'll mispel something in my general direction? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I should not be allowed near men when I drink heavily

EDIT: darling I hope this makes you feel better :rolleyes:
    ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

syndeyfife wrote: »

I wouldnt be the type to get 'messy' drunk, but over the weekend I went beyond messy. To the point where I honestly dont think ill ever drink again.

So share your stories and make me feel a little better!

I dont really drink at all these days, but if i happen to bump in to you some night sure we'll have a few ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I once thanked a post that was a bit sexist.

:eek:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Puking my ring up in Ukraine and then running up to armed guards and daring them to shoot me.

I used invariably have a few whiskies before meeting my friends, which obviously evolved to a few more whiskies, the more and more. Now I just down an entire bottle and turn up incomprehensible, screaming, shouting and crying. It is very much like a physical and emotional assault: one minute I'll be telling them secrets about myself and others so deep and private that they change the way they think about me completely. Often they sense a vibe of what I'm saying before I get it out and they'll start telling me to stop and shut up but I force them to listen and become violent. These are the kind of secrets I would never tell anybody sober.

Next I am violent, abusive and sexually charged. I have gone after my best friends' girlfriends, trying any tactic to get them, including denigrating my friend and making up stories to go with the truth. I have broken up many relationships of (mostly former) friends doing this.

My thirst for alcohol becomes insatiable soon and I steal any drink I can get my hands on. I'm usually alone soon after, and I trawl the streets looking for drink and people. I often engage in public sex acts with street dwellers at this stage, and have both been arrested and been seen by people who know me. I have destroyed public and private property and hurt people along the way. No wonder people call me an alcoholic psychopath!

Drunk now obviously.

Drunk now obviously.

I really hope you are not serious :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

I used invariably have a few whiskies before meeting my friends, which obviously evolved to a few more whiskies, the more and more. Now I just down an entire bottle and turn up incomprehensible, screaming, shouting and crying. It is very much like a physical and emotional assault: one minute I'll be telling them secrets about myself and others so deep and private that they change the way they think about me completely. Often they sense a vibe of what I'm saying before I get it out and they'll start telling me to stop and shut up but I force them to listen and become violent. These are the kind of secrets I would never tell anybody sober.

Next I am violent, abusive and sexually charged. I have gone after my best friends' girlfriends, trying any tactic to get them, including denigrating my friend and making up stories to go with the truth. I have broken up many relationships of (mostly former) friends doing this.

My thirst for alcohol becomes insatiable soon and I steal any drink I can get my hands on. I'm usually alone soon after, and I trawl the streets looking for drink and people. I often engage in public sex acts with street dwellers at this stage, and have both been arrested and been seen by people who know me. I have destroyed public and private property and hurt people along the way. No wonder people call me an alcoholic psychopath!

Very creative, well done !! I enjoyed reading your blog, same writing style ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Grammar nazis are the worst kind of nazis, after the kind that killed all the jews of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I really hope you are not serious :(.

He's not.

His English is way too clear for him to be drunk. ;). People who act in that manner do not have a large circle of friends - the stories are full of holes and missing finer details that would lend them an air of reality.

He's been reading too many Irvine Welsh novels.

He's not.

His English is way to clear for him to be drunk. ;). People who act in that manner do not have a large circle of friends - the stories are full of holes and missing finer details that would lend them an air of reality.

He's been reading too many Irvine Welsh novels.

But I can't relax until he resumes his search for a woman to suck whiskey off his erect penis ;). I know everything is ok then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement