Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting AND Business for leaving cert?

• 26-06-2012 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I'm probably going to have to do both of these and I was just wondering is this going to be incredibly difficult?

Also is it worth doing Honours Irish I don't think I need it and I only got a D in the JC (didn't study for any subject tho) but I am thinking maybe I should just do pass to free up some time for other subjects?

And what are the choices I've picked like for difficulty studying?

My subjects I've picked are:
    Accounting
    Physics
    French
    Business
    Applied Maths

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

It definitely won't be overly difficult, they're a very common combination of subjects. I myself did Business, Economics and Accounting (dropped it at the end of 5th year) but didn't find it too difficult at all. I dropped Accounting as I had taken up Geography instead of doing Careers/Study & P.E. and already had 9 subjects so I didn't need a 10th!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Bumblegoose

It definitely won't be overly difficult, they're a very common combination of subjects. I myself did Business, Economics and Accounting (dropped it at the end of 5th year) but didn't find it too difficult at all. I dropped Accounting as I had taken up Geography instead of doing Careers/Study & P.E. and already had 9 subjects so I didn't need a 10th!

I've heard business is really hard tho? Got a B in the JC and I know I can get an A1 or therabouts if I get the teacher I want for it, but I'm just not sure if I should do it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've heard business is really hard tho? Got a B in the JC and I know I can get an A1 or therabouts if I get the teacher I want for it, but I'm just not sure if I should do it or not.
    No it's not, I got an A1 in the Mock by doing about 4 hours study before hand! It's definitely not hard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

Your right that business can be hard! you can spend a long time on it , learning definitions and the marking scheme can be pretty harsh but i liked it and i think you could definitely do both! just aswell , if you start french early it is not hard to do very well in! i wish i knew that , good luck :)

Advertisement