Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eggbox foam packing - where to get??

Options
  • 26-06-2012 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to make a rifle case and need some Eggbox foam packing but I have no idea where to source a supply of it.

Any links to where to get some??

1m x 1m x 50mm is all I need.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Tell us more about the case clive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Tell us more about the case clive

I'm just getting p!ssed off with the gun bag on the firing line and on the wet ground.
    So i'm thinking on the lines of thin ply sheeting and 1"x2" PAO pine timber sides and piano hinges.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

juice1304 wrote: »

Have bought from this crowd a few times. Good prices, and quick delivery.

had the same issue as yourself Clivej. Needed a case for the back of the jeep for going to the range and back. However i could not find a case long enough for my FTR rig, and others were too expensive seeing as i had an airline case. So i had some ply, and left over foam and threw this together one night.

picture.php?albumid=811&pictureid=13246

picture.php?albumid=811&pictureid=13245

It won't win any awards for looks, or style, but it holds the rifle, the bipod, and anything else i ant to throw into it. So i just back up to the firing line, open the lid, and take out the case onto the firing point.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Clive - peli.ie - great girl out there - she'll sort it for you

Ph: (061) 340139 / (086) 2621633

Email: sales@peli.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Thats a pretty sweet looking case you got there ezridax, I love making my own shooting gear, all my pigeon shooting gear i made myself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

As said it won't win any awards, but there is a huge sense of satisfaction knowing that it's yours, and you made it. Then there is always the fact that in total it cost about €10 to make. I had everything bar the piano hinges so that's the only expense. :)
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

if the lady in peli does a deal with ya clive i will collect it this weekend and bring it up for ya

LB6 wrote: »
    Clive - peli.ie - great girl out there - she'll sort it for you

Ph: (061) 340139 / (086) 2621633

Email: sales@peli.ie
    homerhop wrote: »
    if the lady in peli does a deal with ya clive i will collect it this weekend and bring it up for ya

Thanks Lass 'n Lad but it was something light for the firing line I need.
    And near enough to free as I can get. (Tight auld git) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

She supplies the foam as well, in case ya thought I meant a whole case

• Advertisement

homerhop wrote: »
    She supplies the foam as well, in case ya thought I meant a whole case

Now ya talking

i'll give them a bell in the morning

Advertisement