Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tractor problems

Options
  • 26-06-2012 6:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello all,

I have a John Deere 6900, year 1997 which has water in the oil. With the water in the oil the lubrication is reduced as u know causing the wet brakes to chatter!
    It has been to the main dealer three times now for the same problem, once for a major overhaul on all the clutch packs and brakes as the water im told creates a steam when the oil gets hot that breaks the bond between the disc lining and the metal disc. They even added an anti-chatter fluid availabe for Massey fergusons specifically designed to solve anti-chatter noise. The oil was totally changed down all times including filters and they told me they wiped out as much as possible of the back end but i still have the noise and when i open the filler cap (vented cap) after working i find water, dampness and sumtimes a white scum yet the backend sight glass still shows the oil being a perfect oil colour. They have checked for leaks into the oil and can find none and we are now presuming that its a residual wet or dampness thats in the back end as the tractor is store indoors and has no external hydraulic implements attached to it bar a loader. Can anyone shed some light before i loose my mind !!!

Comments

Advertisement