Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for Pharmacy from Korea...

Options
  • 26-06-2012 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is looking into working in Ireland for few years. She has a well accredited degree here in Korea and has a years experience... I've been trying to help her by googling around looking for what the prerequisites would be for her to get a job (if they're even available)

Came across this below but don't know what kind of pre registration they speak of especially considering we're in Korea...

"Such persons must undertake pre-registration training in the country where they have obtained their pharmacy degree and register with the pharmacy registration authority in that country before applying to register in Ireland via one of the three routes above."

Any help would be appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gembryo

I'm a qualified pharmacist and know that pharmacists coming from EU countries can work no problem in Ireland. For graduates coming from outside of the EU, I believe that the situation can differ slightly. I know a Nigerian pharmacist came into my shop explaining that he had a pharmacy degree from home but was required to undertake pre-registration training- what people in Ireland with a pharmacy degree do in order to gain qualification as a pharmacist- before he could work as a pharmacist here. I imagine the situation would be similar for your friend. The purpose of the pre-registration year would be to ensure that she's up to scratch. As well as that, she'd have to take an English literacy exam, which I assume wouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure is there anything else but if she emails the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland, they'll be able to give her all of the information that she needs.

registration@thepsi.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Cheers, I'll forward on that to her and hope for the best....

Advertisement