Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

African taxi drivers and the Gardai......................

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

pervs ;)

pervs get caught!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

frag420 wrote: »
    Not at all. Firstly I was advised to report it as lost at garda station which I did. I was advised not to approach the house myself as while I was confident it was the cab drivers house it could be anyone who could have picked up my phone in the cab.

The guards didnt have to go looking for my phone as they knew where it was. They didnt go out in teams of 40+ officers combing the streets with sniffer dogs etc. As mentioned I had traced it to an address and maybe they were not up to much else and they decided to have a look for me. Maybe they were bored, maybe they thought it was a nice thing to do. Either way I got my phone back and I am a happy camper.

Try and be happy for me eh..................gwan crack a smile!!

I am happy for you and it's nice to see a well done to the taxi driver and gardai. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

frag420 wrote: »
    Not at all. Firstly I was advised to report it as lost at garda station which I did. I was advised not to approach the house myself as while I was confident it was the cab drivers house it could be anyone who could have picked up my phone in the cab.

The guards didnt have to go looking for my phone as they knew where it was. They didnt go out in teams of 40+ officers combing the streets with sniffer dogs etc. As mentioned I had traced it to an address and maybe they were not up to much else and they decided to have a look for me. Maybe they were bored, maybe they thought it was a nice thing to do. Either way I got my phone back and I am a happy camper.

Try and be happy for me eh..................gwan crack a smile!!

That would have been cool, you should have pretended it did happen - Garda helicopter, army bomb squad etc.

Enjoy the pics btw;)

hondasam wrote: »
    I am happy for you and it's nice to see a well done to the taxi driver and gardai. :)

Why thank you kind Sir/Madam

That would have been cool, you should have pretended it did happen - Garda helicopter, army bomb squad etc.

Enjoy the pics btw;)

I do and I will but I need to talk to you about some of your poses. PM sent...........:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

I once left €20 in the self service checkout in Tesco. I went back to look for it but it was gone. Then when I went back outside a man with red hair came up to me and said "did you leave money in the machine?". I said "yes" and he handed me my €20.

Irish men with red hair that shop in Tesco are great.

i recently handed back €40 to an old lady that left it in the self service checkout in tescos in phibsborough.

(i don't have red hair though)

i recently handed back €40 to an old lady that left it in the self service checkout in tescos in phibsborough.

(i don't have red hair though)

I think that was Shopaholic01

Advertisement