Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheaper air freight from china

Options
  • 26-06-2012 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for a bit of advice. My work currently purchase labels from China, we already import by sea but we are constantly getting caught for stock we dont have and need to get in quick. So our supplier arranges air freight for us Via DHL. They have no problem us arranging it ourselves and up till now that is fine and we have paid it but I'm interested to know is our rate a bit much.

The packages are generally about 70 kg and DHL are charging us $6.50 per kilo. Is that a bit much and if it is could someone recommend someone cheaper?

Thanks

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stedeb

Hi Rob316
    It seems to me that this is a bit high.
    It does depend on how urgent you need the goods .
    you can go airfreight with a freight forwarder and you will have the goods in about 3-5 days. and save some money
    or there is a sea/air option which is approx 15 days and a bit cheaper than airfreight
    Try give TNT / Fedex a call to compare the price for express
    Then call some freight forwarders to compare their price .

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

rob316 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just looking for a bit of advice. My work currently purchase labels from China, we already import by sea but we are constantly getting caught for stock we dont have and need to get in quick. So our supplier arranges air freight for us Via DHL. They have no problem us arranging it ourselves and up till now that is fine and we have paid it but I'm interested to know is our rate a bit much.

The packages are generally about 70 kg and DHL are charging us $6.50 per kilo. Is that a bit much and if it is could someone recommend someone cheaper?

Thanks

Rob

Hello Rob,

I would think that for using DHL Us$ 6.50 is a decent enough rate on a door to door basis.

If your orders were slightly larger, + 100 kgs you would probably get a good bit cheaper from a freight forwarder. Just be aware that your supplier would then need to agree to Free On Board Terms.

If you want to PM me with details of a few recent shipments, such as place of origin, weights - dimensions (if you have them) - I will have a look and see what is available.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement