Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog food

• 26-06-2012 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi i need advice i have a st bernard dog it is nearly 5 years old , i have it on Belcando dog nuts , i have to change it she wont eat it with the last month on and off the vet siad to get new food , so i need advice what is the best Premium nuts to give her ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭DogsFirst

The best food you can give her is meat. Give her that and she'll eat. Theres no point in spending 5 or 6 euro a kilo on super premium buts when chicken and beef is half that price in Tesco. Being a giant breed its vital nutrition for developing good joints.

Hope you got sorted in the mean time Goge, sorry for the delay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Some good dog food brands include James Wellbeloved, Burns, Clinivet, Select Gold, Real Nature, Royal Canin, Acana, Orijen, Pro Pac... there are loads out there (unfortunately, there are also lots of brands that are crap). Do some research into foods and you are bound to find one that will suit your dogs needs that is high quality.

My personal choice would be James Wellbeloved, I have found my own dogs do really well on it and it is goes down easily! You can find it in most good pet stores and online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭DogsFirst

JWB is a good one, reasonably hypoallergenic, no wheat etc. Could use that as base and stick in some tasty bits!

Advertisement