Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to extend 457?

Options
  • 26-06-2012 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭

My wifes first year 457 is up in October and the company want to keep her on and so I looked at the IMMI site it says that she'll have to go through the whole application process again. I thought from previous searchs that it was just a matter of submitting your new work contract and as the company and position was already approved that it was simply roled over.
    Anyone gone through the process?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

What do you mean first year 457? Do you mean they only intially nominated for 1 year?

But yes it's the same process as you are applying for a new visa. But yes since the position and company have already been approved, usually it's very quick (my renewal was less than 24hrs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Thanks hussey, indeed the it was for one year. The company had never sponsored anyone before and weren't sure how it would go but now they're happy. She hasn't got a chance to discuss 857 with them but we're hoping they're open to it. That could take time to organise as they're extremely busy but in the meantime she wanted to be there was no problem reentering in october after a trip home.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Since it was their first sponsorship. The SBS application from your application will not have to be re-submitted. So just the nomination and the visa applications.

Advertisement