Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Ulster bank backlog

Options
  • 26-06-2012 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Has anyone been affected from this Ulster Bank backlog? How has the Waterford branch dealt with the problem? Contacting them directly by phone seems to be impossible..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

i have a mortage with KBC and they text me to say that they might be a problem when paying my mortage as it might not go through properly. I might ring them and tell them that I did pay it and its up to them to find it...

I thought KBC had there own bank why would ulster bank affect me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Some of the lads in work had issues. They're not with Ulster Bank, but the company is, so they didn't get their wages last Thursday. Think it was sorted by Friday though. I'm on salary so wasn't effected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

My friend is with them, took 3 trips to the bank before they would leave her withdraw money. They also gave her boyfriend hassle and wouldn't leave him withdraw his money because he didn't have a payslip(he's not working at the moment like quiet a lot of Waterfordians) think he eventually got it.

They will be losing a lot of customers over this. Yikes. Would hate to be working in there right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sun Life out in the estate pays through UB so thats about 4/500 people affected (monthly pay day was last fridyah)
    Sorted last night I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Passed by yesterday afternoon and not a sole outside. I escaped last week just about, not sure about this Friday though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I was in TK Maxx on friday and the manager was telling all the girls on the checkouts that if they were stuck for money that she could fix them all up (through TK Maxx I'd assume) and that they could pay it back when the situation was resolved! Nice of 'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

I have my mortgage with Ulster bank and its not come out yet of my UB account.

I also have my health insurance coming via direct debit and I am not too sure if that will come out or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Birdfood

michellie wrote: »
    My friend is with them, took 3 trips to the bank before they would leave her withdraw money. They also gave her boyfriend hassle and wouldn't leave him withdraw his money because he didn't have a payslip(he's not working at the moment like quiet a lot of Waterfordians) think he eventually got it.

They will be losing a lot of customers over this. Yikes. Would hate to be working in there right now.

I was wondering would this bad publicity lose customers for them. I've been with UB for a long time and find them good, and I think they're the only one of them now that don't charge admin. fees on current accounts. It won't put me off banking with them in future I would say this is a one - off.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Birdfood

tankbarry wrote: »
    i have a mortage with KBC and they text me to say that they might be a problem when paying my mortage as it might not go through properly. I might ring them and tell them that I did pay it and its up to them to find it...

I thought KBC had there own bank why would ulster bank affect me...

Can I ask how you find KBC and which branch you have dealt with? As far as I can see the closest branch to Waterford is Cork City. They seem to be good but I don't know much about them, was thinking of going to them about something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

I do all my banking with them. It hasn't affected me, but I don't get paid until this week. It sucks for them but I wouldnt let me think any less of them, they are a good bank, and they do offer the Sat morning openning along with a very good online portal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

i got mortage through ( anita cambie ) but KBC are good i think had 1 or 2 problems and was sorted ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

My friends social welfare has not arrived into his account this morning.

This must be a nightmare for anyone soly dependent on s.w. payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Presume they already tried Ctrl Alt Delete??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I do all my banking with them. It hasn't affected me, but I don't get paid until this week. It sucks for them but I wouldnt let me think any less of them, they are a good bank, and they do offer the Sat morning openning along with a very good online portal.

I'm in the same boat, not had a bother with them yet but am due to be paid shortly so just hope I get that no problem. Though i can get by if its delayed thankfully.

Advertisement