Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13 Season Options

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Damari Moldy Numeral

matthew8 wrote: »
    Can't believe talk of a 7 day gameweek. People want to play the game. That's why I joined this league. 5 day week with no early advancements would be pushing it too. Others need to respect the fact that I and others want to play the game when we say only X to play.
    Not everyone's blessed with your free time either it works both ways hence the poll

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Paully D wrote: »
    It gets very annoying though.

If the gameweek is set from say Friday-Tuesday and someone can't get on the Xbox until the Tuesday, they shouldn't have people pushing for them to get their game played by say Monday, which, lets be honest, is what posting ''only X to play'' is all about. In fairness I've done it myself too.

Also, posting ''advance the league'' less than a minute after the last game has finished is needless. The people that can advance the league have lives and can't be on here or the Xbox all the time. They'll advance the league as soon as they get a chance.

If they post will play the game on the last game day it doesn't exactly make my day but I never post that they're the only person left to play then. Also, when I say advance the league it's a reminder and Raoul has said in gameweek threads to post when the league needs advancing. It's a reminder, not a threat.

Not everyone's blessed with your free time either it works both ways hence the poll

I think most people could find the 30 seconds to post on here when they're playing their game, especially if when the league is advanced depends on when they play. If they can't play until 11:30 on the last game day so be it, that's cool, just let me know not to worry about when the league's advanced.

I think most people could find the 30 seconds to post on here when they're playing their game, especially if when the league is advanced depends on when they play. If they can't play until 11:30 on the last game day so be it, that's cool, just let me know not to worry about when the league's advanced.
    The issues not posting a time it's getting time for a game every 4 days I'm ok most of the time but not everyone is

The issues not posting a time it's getting time for a game every 4 days I'm ok most of the time but not everyone is

All I'm saying is that if the player is last to play with 3 days left and they have the time to get online (unlike the guys currently last to play which is cool too) it wouldn't hurt to let us know. Santry typically lets us know if there's going to be a delay in advancing the league which I appreciate and I wish others could do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I don't think we should be putting any pressure on people to get their games played early, people have 5 days and we shouldn't be posting about early advancements until everyone has played.

Secondly the guys who do the commissioners job have lives too and they will advance the league when they get a chance to do so. If you feel a need to "remind" them I think you should do it via PM.

It's a thankless enough job as it is to be honest without posts like "Advance the league"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Unfortunately not everyone can post as soon as the fixtures go up and Matthew you are generally the person who's insistent on getting the week advance and also posting telling players to get their game done.

My job means i'm pretty much always connected to the internet unless i'm on a plane, so i post on boards fairly regularly.

However not everyone is the same, I think boards players are decent enough but on the PFL some lads could post halfway through the game week!

As time goes on I'm more and more in favour of the 5 day week tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It looks like a 5 day gameweek is winning so far but if there is enough backing for a 7 day week we'll have a vote. Personally I don't think it would be a good idea at all to go back to 7 days as everything will lose a lot of momentum in my opinion. I think 5 days and where possible an early advancement is available then we do it. However, no pressure should be put on players to play early and tbh I don't think much pressure is put on players. Yes, people do post on how many games are left to play, but I don't actually think pressure is put on them. Well I haven't seen it but I have been away for the past 4 weeks. Sure for this season in Madden there's no point in looking for an early advancement as there won't be a 4th season anyways.

Little reminder for the Rams and Buccs that this is the last gameday to get your CPU game played.

Is this really pressuring teams to play their games to allow for an early advance? It doesn't look like it to me.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Sure for this season in Madden there's no point in looking for an early advancement as there won't be a 4th season anyways.

Well for me there is an incentive because I'm going on holidays in early August and of course won't bring the Xbox so if the league was to drag on for maximum time I could miss the superbowl. There's also the fact that I just don't like waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Is this really pressuring teams to play their games to allow for an early advance? It doesn't look like it to me.

It is when you post 2/3 times per thread on each game week man.

First and foremost this is a social league, I have posted as have Santry, Dave to see when games are going to be done, however we dont post each week.

Players should not be getting pressured into playing their game, if they have a day/2 days left to play it.

Well for me there is an incentive because I'm going on holidays in early August and of course won't bring the Xbox so if the league was to drag on for maximum time I could miss the superbowl.

SB will be well done by then

I'm also not around from the 17th July onwards :(

It is when you post 2/3 times per thread on each game week man.

First and foremost this is a social league, I have posted as have Santry, Dave to see when games are going to be done, however we dont post each week.

Players should not be getting pressured into playing their game, if they have a day/2 days left to play it.

You're being overreactive if you think I'm putting pressure on others to play their games. Infact it seems there is an overreaction to everything that I say but if something is said to me no one seems to care.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Little reminder for the Rams and Buccs that this is the last gameday to get your CPU game played.

I didn't feel pressured... but did feel a little threatened!!! I felt like there was a cloud over my head, a shadow following me around!!!

What does the 8 in Matthew8 signify anyway? Is that the number of people who didn't get their game played early enough and we're taken out back and shot??? Or does it stand for the number of minutes Santry has to advance the league before he gets a reminder ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

You're being overreactive if you think I'm putting pressure on others to play their games. Infact it seems there is an overreaction to everything that I say but if something is said to me no one seems to care.

Have you thought about calling Samaritans???

They're there to talk ;)

Let's set the record straight. I post because I don't know if people know their game is last/in danger of being simmed. I post advance the league because it seems Raoul and Santry sometimes don't seem to know it's time to advance the league.

This is not your issue or mine or santrys, the game weeks are clearly marked, if the game week ends on Tuesday and dave hasn't posted that he's going to play his game at 11 after 5 days it's his fault it it gets simmed

It comes across that way and if lurkers see it they may not want to post in that kind of a forum/league

It comes across that way and if lurkers see it they may not want to post in that kind of a forum/league

Honestly I feel sometimes boards wants to wrap all its users in 2 feet of bubblewrap. Except for the American football forum.

Honestly I feel sometimes boards wants to wrap all its users in 2 feet of bubblewrap. Except for the American football forum.

I want to see this league and forum grow and develop and that will mean a stop to the constant looking for advancement and reminder of getting games played

Bah I edited your post above instead of replying, will fix it later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

SantryRed wrote: »
    Lads,

Back out working so kind of busy. Would 3 seasons 5 days with early advancements and then a 4th season with 4 day weeks work? As there is always a drop off in numbers in the summer.
    Busy at work too here.

Why not just keep things the way they are? :confused: A fourth season is a year away, why decide it now. We could have 32 players by then or we could have none.

Everyones minds will have changed by the end of the third season. As the poll looks at the moment, everything is going to stay the same.

As for the early advancements, I haven't seen one person having a problem with them yet so why change a winning formula.

4 days a week would definitely not work for me.

Edit on the Matthew thing - Lads, I really don't think he is pressuring people into playing games. People are being a bit too sensitive. He talks about who is left to play and says its their last day to play and says he hopes for an early advancement (like I did this week). I don't see the problem really, and if you feel pressured into playing your game early then...its a little worrying. I just feel he is being enthusiastic.

Someone also said about doing the commissioners job, I think that everyone should be doing it, telling us when to advance, when people are dropping back too much (a few people btw), and when people have restarted too many times. So I don't mind people saying that. But I agree with what Dave said before about nothing wrong with saying please when asking.

What Raoul said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Well put Raoul

Lads its not the actual asking, it's that it's constantly the same person and to be blunt, how it's done is very blunt

Think we should knock this in the head anway

Lads its not the actual asking, it's that it's constantly the same person and to be blunt, how it's done is very blunt

Think we should knock this in the head anway

Would you rather it was cryptic? The lightning bolt has yet to strike the arrowhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Can't believe talk of a 7 day gameweek. People want to play the game. That's why I joined this league. 5 day week with no early advancements would be pushing it too. Others need to respect the fact that I and others want to play the game when we say only X to play.

As has been said before, if you feel the league is not moving quick enough, try joining another league.

Would you rather it was cryptic? The lightning bolt has yet to strike the arrowhead.

haha thats brilliant my new catch phrase i think cheers matt:D

etloveslsd wrote: »
    As has been said before, if you feel the league is not moving quick enough, try joining another league.

I want banter too.

haha thats brilliant my new catch phrase i think cheers matt:D

Could we have reached the compromise? I can tell players that their game is last but it must be humorous and/or cryptic. Sounds like a good rule to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I would rather it not done at all, we're all big boys and girls here, we know when the deadline is.

I was the last game one week, and I was reminded and asked when I was playing and then there was an update put up while I was playing. I would say I felt pressured to play, not like I was being bullied or anything, but more like I was holding everyone up, by me not being able to play I was stalling the league.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement