Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self build insurance issue

Options
  • 26-06-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

hi all.
    finally got mortage sancting build. the bank are looking for us to take out BUILDING UNDER CONSTRUCTION insuarnce before they will give us the loan. my question is do i need a second insurance policy to cover my tools, scaffold other trades men and public liability? dont want to fork out two seperate policy for doing the same job. the bank have provided me with a number to call about it. iwa s going to try frost insurance prior to this to cove rthe full build

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

I started my build a year ago and used Frost insurance. I found them the cheapest and the cover was not too bad either.

As far as i remember they had a basic policy and then an add on for tools and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

+1 to Frost Insurance

We recently paid €1038 to frost for self build insurance. Its a 24 month policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Frost Insurance are insurance brokers so you should be able to get quotes from most brokers for the same products

Advertisement