Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russian mom throws 2 sons off 15th floor balcony!

• 26-06-2012 11:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭

Russian mother killed her two sons, aged 4 and 7, by throwing them from 15th-floor balcony because she was ‘fed up’ with their behaviour

Galina Ryabkova, 30, was seen looking emotionless on surveillance video from the block of flats following the incident

Neighbours in the complex were alerted after hearing the bodies of the boys hitting the ground

The mother said she was 'fed up with children,' and 'decided to get rid of them'.

Galina Ryabkova, 30, was seen looking emotionless on surveillance video taken from the block of flats in Moscow, Russia, in the moments following the incident.

Neighbours in the complex were alerted after hearing the bodies of the boys, aged 4 and 7, hitting the ground.
    Scroll down to see the CCTV

Shocking: A resident in the complex attempts to talk to Mrs Ryabkova after the incident in an attempt to prevent her from escaping

Despite the efforts of neighbours, the youngsters died before the emergency services arrived.

According to RT, the woman said she was 'fed up with children,' and 'decided to get rid of them'.

The woman - whose husband was away on a business trip - lived on the 8th floor of the building and it is believed she took the children to the 15th floor before throwing them off on Sunday.

CCTV from the apartment block - as reported by New York Daily News - shows one of the children landing just out of frame at the front of the building. It then shows Mrs Ryabkova coming downstairs wearing jeans and a white T-shirt.

As she calmly sat in the lobby of the building, shocked neighbours surround her in an attempt to prevent her from escaping.

The video ends by showing police officers arrive at the building to discover the grim scene and arrest the mother.

It has been reported that Mrs Ryabkova has attempted to kill herself in the past and that her husband may have been cheating on her.

Mrs Ryabkova will be sent to a psychiatric hospital for tests while the investigation into what happened continues.

Can't recall ever seeing something quite as chilling. Like something from a horror flick. Hope she gets the help she needs but can't see how anyone could overcome doing that to their own kids. So sad, all round.

Be warned, the following is both heartbreaking and chilling:

Mod note, video does not contain graphic images of the fall but if you feel you shouldn't watch it, then don't

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

If that Youtube footage is of her throwing her kids off her balcony then I really really don't want to see it :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

I have no words.. Unbelievable stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

If that Youtube footage is of her throwing her kids off her balcony then I really really don't want to see it :cool:

i think i can also live my life without seeing that footage

Poor kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

That is truly shocking. I'll decline watching the video, don't think I'd be able.

There must be a serious mental illness going on here (untreated PND can have devastating results). I hope she gets the help she needs.

RIP little boys

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

No, it doesn't show the actual moment itself - just the moments leading up to it and directly after, including her being taken into custody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Just a warning..................you cant unwatch this once you have seen it. it does not show much but enough to wish you did not see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ThinkAboutIt

Kids are annoying alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Highly Salami

In Soviet Russia, Mummy throws YOU off balcony!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Incredible. R.I.P to her two sons.

The line "'decided to get rid of them' resonated with me. It seems as if she considered this a type of abortion somehow, and done in country that has more abortions than live births.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭lynchy101

frag420 wrote: »
    Just a warning..................you cant unwatch this once you have seen it. it does not show much but enough to wish you did not see it.

eh?It doesn't show anything.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭username_x

thats worse than the woman who assaulted her 8 month old child on video for everyone to see, at least the children are safe now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Quite shocking.

Had to be done at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, the youtube video doesn't show her doing it. All you see the edge of the older kid's shoe (literally the edge of his shoe) when he hits the ground, that's all that was on the footage.

It really just shows her coming back into the apartment block with the two kids, then much later on she's walking out of the apartment block with a smile on her face and a guy stops her from leaving before calling the cops.

She's obviously seriously deranged. Maybe her intention was to kill herself but couldn't muster up the courage to jump off the balcony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That is ****ed up.

Btw, video doesn't show any graphic images thankfully except for a things just out of frame and images of the boys under tarps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Clearly the mother is in no sane mind state especially with her choice of words "fed up" and "get rid of them".

RIP to the little boys a horrific waste of life and let's hope that the mother gets the treatment that she needs to bring her back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i know it's AH but that is not cool, cop the fcuk on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

tmc86 wrote: »
    Clearly the mother is in no sane mind state especially with her choice of words "fed up" and "get rid of them".

RIP to the little boys a horrific waste of life and let's hope that the mother gets the treatment that she needs to bring her back.

Pity those kids won't get the treatment to bring them back.

RIP to them.

The part of it all that I find most chilling and why I said it is like something from a horror flick, is that they lived on the 8th floor and she brought them up to the 15th specifically.

I could somehow wrap my head around someone snapping for a few seconds, losing it and throwing a tantrum kid off a balcony but it's the calm way she took these steps that I find so bone-chilling. Your heart has to go out to all concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Awful. Unless this was her one and only display of psychosis, which is unlikely, you'd have to lay some blame at the husbands door, she badly needed help. Could well have been pnd untreated for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

what the fuck is going on with people this year?
    so much fucked up stories in the news recently.

• Advertisement

WTF
    Bitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

FatherLen wrote: »
    what the fuck is going on with people this year?
    so much fucked up stories in the news recently.

2012 man people are just going nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

lynchy101 wrote: »
    eh?It doesn't show anything.:confused:

Well after reading about what the mother did and then seeing a small part of one of her kids hit the floor at the corner of the screen was enough eh.

You dont have to see them splatting into the floor to be shocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Pity they have scrapped the death penalty in Russia

RIP innocent little children

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Formosa

What's the story with the shirtless dude?

Is he a Russian Randy ?

Formosa wrote: »
    What's the story with the shirtless dude?

Is he a Russian Randy ?

Can you not find other threads to get a cheap laugh out of FFS?

Pity they have scrapped the death penalty in Russia.

We should execute the insane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

whiplashed wrote: »

Anyone who does that to innocent children deserves to die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

Why not? in this case its clear this woman doesn't deserve anything but to be put down....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Shivers26 wrote: »
    hope she gets the help she needs.

Yea, I hope she gets the helping she needs. And they continue to help the shit out of her into the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Poor children - they were just boys being boys - loud, playful, messing around..

That woman should rot in jail - what a evil, cold hearted thing to even consider!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

This site is weird, if this happened in somewhere like Sommerset in England no 'jokes' would be tolerated. This is actually horrific, one of the worst incidents I've heard of. As someone pointed out wasn't a spur of the moment thing, she calmly brought them up to a higher floor.

Poor kids. R.I.P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

That video is so disturbing and sad :( First of all seeing the poor kids just playing around like normal kids, oblivious to what their own mother is about to do. And then seeing her walking out the door smiling. It's very very chilling.

I just can't help imagining how she did it, did she throw one of them first while the other was watching, did they put up a fight, etc. Makes me feel sick, just so so sad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

That's horrible, those poor little men :( RIP.

Hope the woman gets the help she so clearly needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

If she does, she will then have to deal with the fact that she murdered her two children. I doubt she will ever function normally again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Tragic... Poor innocent children..

RIP :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Absolutely abhorrent.

I don't think anyone would stop to consider mental health if it were the boys' father that did this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I hope she gets thrown off a building to be honest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Absolutely abhorrent.

I don't think anyone would stop to consider mental health if it were the boys' father that did this.

ANYONE who would do this clearly has mental health problems.
    Speaking of the father though, where was he in all this? Was she minding them alone?
    Poor kids. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Because when somebody does something that's completely evil they HAVE to be insane. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Their has to be a line drawn between someone claiming to be insane and someone who is just f#cking evil. Taking your two innocent kids up to the 15th floor of a building and throwing them off and smiling 5 minutes afterwards is evil, she deserves to be thrown off the building herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Using an exceptional case like this to justify the death penalty is pointless.

Those poor children are dead but we wont bring them back or save any more innocents by allowing the state to murder in the name of justice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I don't really care if she's mentally ill, I hope the cops kicked the head off her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

spurious wrote: »
    Absolutely abhorrent.

ANYONE who would do this clearly has mental health problems.
    Speaking of the father though, where was he in all this? Was she minding them alone?
    Poor kids. RIP.

I didn't say otherwise. I said people wouldn't care.

Personally I think as humans we are far to unwilling to accept that as humans, some walking amongst us are capable of such atrocity. We always look for a reason, namely, insanity.

Maybe she's insane but I just wouldn't COMPLETLY discount the possibility that conversely, maybe, she's not.

There is evil in this world and mental health sometimes means nothing, look at the bolger killers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I hope she gets thrown off a building to be honest.

Well I don't support capitol punishment, and I'm certainly not suggesting she shouldn't be punished. I don't think she should ever be let out into society again either, but people don't go from "normal" to "throw my kids off a building" overnight. She's clearly a very very ill woman, IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

In my opinion, this woman is pure evil.
    They can put all the insanity names on her as they like but, to me she's a psychopath, pure pure evil.
    And I do agree that this woman should get chair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

EdenHazard wrote: »
    This site is weird, if this happened in somewhere like Sommerset in England no 'jokes' would be tolerated.

Poor kids. R.I.P

*removes straw from mouth* Oi reckon you're not far wrong there young master

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

seamus wrote: »
    No, the youtube video doesn't show her doing it. All you see the edge of the older kid's shoe (literally the edge of his shoe) when he hits the ground, that's all that was on the footage.

It really just shows her coming back into the apartment block with the two kids, then much later on she's walking out of the apartment block with a smile on her face and a guy stops her from leaving before calling the cops.

She's obviously seriously deranged. Maybe her intention was to kill herself but couldn't muster up the courage to jump off the balcony.

She definitely snapped. Can't really judge her for that, if that is the case. People are fragile, and she obviously blew a gasket in her head. Or she's an evil bitch....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I'm not going to watch the video and frankly don't know why anyone would want to post something like that.

I'll never understand the mentality of a parent who kills their child....to me such a person is nothing more or less than evil.

It's interesting how people are trying to justify what this woman did by saying she was frail/burnt out/had PND. There are also one or two posting that seem to insinuate the Father had some role.

If it was the Father who did it there is not question he's be vilified as a monster/evil etc. So why not the Mother? Or is it somehow less of crime when it's the Mother?

To my mind she is evil and selfish and deserves to be locked up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement