Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russian mom throws 2 sons off 15th floor balcony!

Comments

I'm not going to watch the video and frankly don't know why anyone would want to post something like that.

If you seen her walking out at the end in cuffs, it would really re-enforce your point about EVIL, she looks it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

Can't bear to watch that video.. That monster doesn't deserve to be called a mother, evil cow. Poor kids.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

lock her up throw away the key..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

What I suspect is that it's insanity that causes evil. There has to have been something up with the James Bulger killers mentally, in particular the ring-leader. I suspect too that those who dismiss the mental illness angle want the person to be sane so they don't get "soft" treatment. This woman is hardly sane.
    I don't think anyone would stop to consider mental health if it were the boys' father that did this.
    Of course people would. That English guy who did a similar thing on holidays in Crete a few years ago, his mental state was considered the whole time afterwards. Speak for yourself.

Onixx wrote: »
    What I suspect is that it's insanity that causes evil. There has to have been something up with the James Bulger killers mentally, in particular the ringleader. I suspect too that those who dismiss the mental illness angle want the person to be sane so they don't get "soft" treatment. This woman is hardly sane.

By your guestimation.........., people use the insanity thing to explain something they can't comprehend.
    Crimes of passion, losing the plot etc....it's all too easy to claim insanity.
    Like Anders Brevik, we all know he's not insane, even he claims all the time he's not insane, yet the media all they do is say he's insane.
    It makes us all feel easier about ourselves when we say Insane, like you can't catch it.
    Evil, pure and simple.

"We all" know Breivik is not insane? :confused:

Oh I of course don't know for sure, but I can't fathom someone doing something that incredible and lacking in rationality and not having something wrong in their head. To me, it defies logic. I know there are cruel, vile people who aren't insane and who carry out sustained campaigns against people, but to just randomly decide to kill one's children in the heat of the moment... can't be coming from a sane place.

"We all" know Breivik is not insane? :confused:
    Did you read his manifesto?
    I'm guessing not.
    No one SANE "LOL" would condone his actions, but there was a REASON behind it.
    but to just randomly decide to kill one's children in the heat of the moment... can't be coming from a sane place.
    People do stupid, stupid things in the heat of the moment.
    She may feel guilt down the line, but even if she doesn't she isn't automatically insane because she does something that others can't understand.
    Some people can control their emotions, some can't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

What a horrible end to such young promising lives, absolutely wasteful.

It's so easy to just revert back to our primary school selves here and see the world as black and white, good or evil. Unfortunately there are shades of grey and degrees of nastiness. This is one of the worst things a person could do - to take their position of trust as a parent as these boy's own mother - premeditating to take them to a higher floor in order to ensure that they died - that's certainly one of the worst things a person could do to another.

The smile at the end says it all - the woman is very obviously mentally disturbed. She didn't try to run or cover it up - she was not functioning as a normal person would. The fact that she is a woman or a mother does not draw sympathy or understanding from me - others seem to see it as an excuse but to simply label her as 'evil' is simplistic and lacks understanding. She should never be allowed walk among the rest of us again - she has nothing to offer us but she doesn't deserve to die either - she needs treatment and care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

EdenHazard wrote: »
    This site is weird, if this happened in somewhere like Sommerset in England no 'jokes' would be tolerated. This is actually horrific, one of the worst incidents I've heard of. As someone pointed out wasn't a spur of the moment thing, she calmly brought them up to a higher floor.

Poor kids. R.I.P

Not to take away from the tragedy of the situation but I have to say with all the stuff in the news these days I can't say this is one of the worst I've heard of when we live in the world of school massacre's and Josef Fritzl. Saying that ranking atrocities is more than a little morbid.

Absolutely abhorrent.

I don't think anyone would stop to consider mental health if it were the boys' father that did this.

I'd say they would yeah.
    RVP 11 wrote: »
    If you seen her walking out at the end in cuffs, it would really re-enforce your point about EVIL, she looks it.

To my eyes she looks vacant.

RIP to the kids, horrible tragedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bambii_ wrote: »
    Can't bear to watch that video.. That monster doesn't deserve to be called a mother, evil cow. Poor kids.

You..GTFO

Brand protection :mad:

bigneacy wrote: »
    It's so easy to just revert back to our primary school selves here and see the world as black and white, good or evil.
    That's a bit insulting, calling someone evil is an easy way to describe how someone reacts to something else.
    She said the kids were annoying her, her reaction was to **** them off a balcony, and it was an evil thing to do, simple.

The smile at the end says it all - the woman is very obviously mentally disturbed. She didn't try to run or cover it up - she was not functioning as a normal person would. The fact that she is a woman or a mother does not draw sympathy or understanding from me - others seem to see it as an excuse but to simply label her as 'evil' is simplistic and lacks understanding. She should never be allowed walk among the rest of us again - she has nothing to offer us but she doesn't deserve to die either - she needs treatment and care.
    Lacks understanding of what exactly? how to spot signs of insanity?, even if they are a split second reaction that they never shown before?
    The only thing obvious about it is that she knew what she was doing, bt the fact that she had a REASON to do it by what she said.
    Insane = no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Of course people would. That English guy who did a similar thing on holidays in Crete a few years ago, his mental state was considered the whole time afterwards. Speak for yourself.[/Quote]

I'm not aware of the case in Crete. In any case id wager there were more cries of "burn the f**ker" than there were of "he needs help" I'm not saying that's right or wrong.

My post was merely an opinion. I don't speak for anyone but myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

robman60 wrote: »
    The line "'decided to get rid of them' resonated with me. It seems as if she considered this a type of abortion somehow, and done in country that has more abortions than live births.

I really like to slap you.
    username_x wrote: »
    thats worse than the woman who assaulted her 8 month old child on video for everyone to see, at least the children are safe now :(

er... safe where? In the arms of Jesus who allowed them to most probably live their final moments in terror or safe in oblivion.

It has been reported that Mrs Ryabkova has attempted to kill herself in the past and that her husband may have been cheating on her.

The article says this about the mother which may or may not go some way to explaining her state of mind or mindlessness at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

username_x wrote: »
    thats worse than the woman who assaulted her 8 month old child on video for everyone to see, at least the children are safe now :(

I know where you're going with the message, but the kids aren't safe, they are dead. If she was fed up with them she could have chosen to let THEM live, why kill 2 innocent kids.

• Advertisement

Did you read his manifesto?
    I'm guessing not.
    No one SANE "LOL" would condone his actions, but there was a REASON behind it.

People do stupid, stupid things in the heat of the moment.
    She may feel guilt down the line, but even if she doesn't she isn't automatically insane because she does something that others can't understand.
    Some people can control their emotions, some can't
    None of us know whether Breivik is sane or not, unless there are psychiatrists among us. You don't have to be incapable of writing a detailed manifesto if you're insane.
    In this case, it's obviously far more than a stupid, stupid thing - such things that people do all the time are incomparable to this act.

robman60 wrote: »
    Incredible. R.I.P to her two sons.

The line "'decided to get rid of them' resonated with me. It seems as if she considered this a type of abortion somehow, and done in country that has more abortions than live births.
    Personally I wouldn't read that much into a line she uttered.

Insane = no reason.

Not true. Generally insane = the voices in my head told me to. There is always a reason. Insanity is judged by whether the majority of us find that reason insane.

Before anyone is allowed to have children, they should be given psychological examinations to see whether they are mentally fit or not to raise them. The poor children. It's strange.. the look on her face just as she re-enters, with the topless guy behind her.. that looks like bliss to me ..

None of us know whether Breivik is sane or not, unless there are psychiatrists among us. You don't have to be incapable of writing a detailed manifesto if you're insane.
    In this case, it's obviously far more than a stupid, stupid thing - such things that people do all the time are incomparable to this act.

The insane don't usually carry out such premeditated and carefully planned attacks after writing a manifesto that has all the signs of someone who has been thinking about it for a very, very long time.

• Advertisement

Why not? You can be extremely intelligent and calculating yet mentally disturbed. Often there is a link between the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

"Father may have been cheating on her"

How is that relevant? Supposed to be some sort of excuse?

Not true. Generally insane = the voices in my head told me to. There is always a reason. Insanity is judged by whether the majority of us find that reason insane.

Anyone can say the voices made them do it, i wouldn't be confident everyone who said the voices in their head made them do it, was telling the truth.
    It's an excuse that can get you off being with other criminals and murderers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

No one here is able to say whether or not the mother was of sound mind.
    I personally would love to run psychological and neurological tests on her - I find cases like this really interesting.
    Those poor kids.
    Such a waste of those innocent little lives.
    And the neighbours too - I'd say some of them will be seriously shaken up.

Before anyone is allowed to have children, they should be given psychological examinations to see whether they are mentally fit or not to raise them. The poor children. It's strange.. the look on her face just as she re-enters, with the topless guy behind her.. that looks like bliss to me ..

That wouldn't work. Most people generally are sane before they have children. Maybe people should instead be assessed a few years into the child rearing process.

Why not? You can be extremely intelligent and calculating yet mentally disturbed. Often there is a link between the two.

You can also just do something because you feel it is your god given right, and to hell with what others think because you feel it is the right thing to do.
    Which is exactly what Breivik's excuse was.

Anyone can say the voices made them do it, i wouldn't be confident everyone who said the voices in their head made them do it, was telling the truth.
    This is what I was talking about earlier - people choosing to believe it might not be insanity and wanting to believe it's an excuse (despite mental health professionals involved in the case being a tad more expert) because they don't want the person to "get off".
    Firstly, psychiatric consultants will be assessing them, they're not going to have their case wrapped up on the basis of them simply saying "I heard voices".
    Secondly, life in a mental institution is not "getting off".

"Father may have been cheating on her"

How is that relevant? Supposed to be some sort of excuse?

Not an excuse but an explanation as to her state of mind. There is no excuse for something like that but there can be an explanation.

I should have put 'eg. the voices told them to'. It could be any reason.

Secondly, life in a mental institution is not "getting off".
    It is getting off from being a "criminal" and treated as such.

You can also just do something because you feel it is your god given right, and to hell with what others think because you feel it is the right thing to do.
    ... as a result of being mentally disturbed.

Or maybe not, but the point is: neither of us know either way.

• Advertisement

... as a result of being mentally disturbed.

Or maybe not, but the point is: neither of us know either way.

I know, but it makes good conversation.:o
    In the future will every parent be assesed on a regular basis?
    This woman surely, if insane, showed "signs".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I want to throttle that women! The fact that they are 4 and 7 is so sad, she must have no maternal feelings at all! I'd feel bad if I left the dogs out in the rain let alone a child.

In the video the children look all eager running around and following the mother, she must of told them something so they would follow her :(

What a horrible women, she deserves to be tortured! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Before anyone is allowed to have children, they should be given psychological examinations to see whether they are mentally fit or not to raise them.

How do you prevent pregnancies prior to these psychological examinations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Does this thread have any useful purpose other than to cause upset?

It's a horrible topic, but if you're upset then you should avoid, not post.

It's a horrible topic, but if you're upset then you should avoid, not post.

Where did I say anything about being upset? Or are you one of those types that will say nothing even if the subject causes offence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Sweet Jesus this would make you sick to your stomach, poor little kids

^^^ :confused: (post #87)
    OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I want to throttle that women! The fact that they are 4 and 7 is so sad, she must have no maternal feelings at all! I'd feel bad if I left the dogs out in the rain let alone a child.

In the video the children look all eager running around and following the mother, she must of told them something so they would follow her :(

I just don't get this. She's a **** to do what she did, sane or insane, but why would you want a state to have the power to torture? Scary prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Where did I say anything about being upset?

right there???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

OakeyDokey wrote: »

The part of the video showing the kids running around is from the day before she threw them off the balcony, it's time-stamped and she's in different clothes.

Where did I say anything about being upset? Or are you one of those types that will say nothing even if the subject causes offence?

So we should censor everything that some people don't want to read???
    It's called educating yourself to the world we live in, not wrapping ourselves in a bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Yes, it allows a lot of very sick people to indulge their disgusting fantasies about inflicting savage punishments on a person who is almost certainly as mentally ill, temporarily or permanently, as it is possible to be. She is not the first mother who has snapped and killed her children, and sadly she won't be the last. Before anyone allows themself to orgasm at the thought of tearing her limb from limb, they should just spare a thought for the possibility that something like this might happen in their own family or circle of acquaintances.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Yes, it allows a lot of very sick people to indulge their disgusting fantasies about inflicting savage punishments on a person who is almost certainly as mentally ill, temporarily or permanently, as it is possible to be. She is not the first mother who has snapped and killed her children, and sadly she won't be the last. Before anyone allows themself to orgasm at the thought of tearing her limb from limb, they should just spare a thought for the possibility that something like this might happen in their own family or circle of acquaintances.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Did you ever hear of teh internetz, where people say things they wouldn't usually?
    You always get remarks like this on any subject of people who do stupid, insane & horrible things.
    Actually, i take that back, you know what exactly what i'm talking about.:rolleyes:
    There will always be constructive and educated posts, so don't tarnish everone with your fruitless insults

So we should censor everything that some people don't want to read???
    It's called educating yourself to the world we live in, not wrapping ourselves in a bubble.

Good luck with your education for a parenting role. I also hope you manage to remove that hair that's clearly causing you some obvious posterior discomfort.

Good luck with your education for a parenting role. I also hope you manage to remove that hair that's clearly causing you some obvious posterior discomfort.

Oh aren't you the big man, come into a sensitive topic to insult other people because your bubble has been burst.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

why did she do it?

what caused her to do such an utterly evil act?

did she not show signs of losing it previously?

I don't think people go from normal joe to extreme evil in the blink of an eye, did nobody notice this woman slowly losing it?

I agree with people who say if the father did it, then there would be far less introspective analysis of his mental condition and most would merely want to watch him fry but regardless i can't accept the inherent evil argument and there must be some explanation for this tragedy, because until we figure out why it happened then we won't be able to reduce the likelihood of it reoccuring

donfers wrote: »
    because until we figure out why it happened then we won't be able to reduce the likelihood of it reoccuring

I'm not sure pre-psycho analysis or understanding will prevent it, but it's all we can do i suppose.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Jeez...I dont know what it is about boards but some people seem to just come in and say stuff for the sake of it.

The purpose of this thread is simples....a story of humanity (warped as it is)

No one is saying it doesn't contain an awful story that some people may find hard to read\look at but we are all grown ups here. The OP didn't post to cause offence or upset (as someone commented :rolleyes:)

The title clearly states what the thread is about - don't come in here spouting that kind of nonsense trying to stir ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Sonnenblumen, if you have a problem with a thread, report it. If you feel that the report hasn't been actioned to your satisfaction, PM one of the mods and you will get some clarification on our actions, or indeed, lack thereof.

Do not post in this thread again seeing as it clearly upsets you so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

It's just a pity she didn't throw herself off too. She doesn't deserve help of any sort, she deserves to rot in prison for the rest of her life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement