Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russian mom throws 2 sons off 15th floor balcony!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

Rasheed wrote: »
    In my opinion, this woman is pure evil.
    They can put all the insanity names on her as they like but, to me she's a psychopath, pure pure evil.
    And I do agree that this woman should get chair.

It is good to see that we have an expert on this case here amongst us. You reached your conclusion on what basis? And please do not say "she threw her children off a balcony." That does not prove a sound mind.

Knee jerk reactions is all we ever see when a story like this is posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

It is good to see that we have an expert on this case here amongst us. You reached your conclusion on what basis? And please do not say "she threw her children off a balcony." That does not prove a sound mind.

Of course, thats exactly what they are....just initial reactions to a horrible horrible story, you are saying that same as someone already before you.

I personally think that giving the woman the chair isn't going to help anyone but this insanity lark is being bandied about way too much these days. Why does someone automatically have to be insane to throw children from the 15th floor of an apartment complex? What ever happened to plain crazy\evil (and I am not making light of this tragedy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

RVP 11 wrote: »
    I know, but it makes good conversation.:o
    In the future will every parent be assesed on a regular basis?
    This woman surely, if insane, showed "signs".

Does no one read the entire article. In it it says she tried to commit suicide before. Surely someone either family or professional should have seen back then that she got the help she needed before her life and mental state got to such as pass as her looking delighted and relived to have gotten rid of her children in such a manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭herosa

Look at her eyes in the last shot. She looks really ill. The terrible thing is that her illness might have been treatable but how the heck do you come back from something like that? In some ways it will be worse for her if/when she does recover and the full reality hits her. This could happen in any one of our families. Wasnt there a psychiatrist a few years back in Ireland who drowned her teenage daughter in the bath? From what I remember she had been working up to a few days earlier. Stories like this will always exist. PND can account for a lot but not all of them. I read somewhere recently that bipolar women can experience PND to a terrible extent and that they are only realising that recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

this insanity lark is being bandied about way too much these days. Why does someone automatically have to be insane to throw children from the 15th floor of an apartment complex? What ever happened to plain crazy\evil
    Insane means crazy.

In my opinion, this woman is pure evil.
    They can put all the insanity names on her as they like but, to me she's a psychopath, pure pure evil.
    And I do agree that this woman should get chair.
    But what if a team of psychiatrists deem her insane?

We don't live in a reality where people who are not mentally deranged throw their children to their deaths. Thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

I feel sick in my stomach after watching that poor kids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Watching the little kid run through the hall and then his big brother cycling in after him, just playing. It's horrible to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

She was cold and calculated. She didn't just lose it as is normally the case with insanity. She walked the children up to a higher floor. Increased their chance of being killed outright, not the sign of somebody who isn't thinking it through. This also increased their fall and one brother had to watch the other. Sadistic.
    Woman= psychopath.
    Not a knee jerk reaction, a reaction that is my Hypothesis.
    And if the woman is insane, I still believe she deserves the chair.

• Site Banned Posts: 46 one4on

whiplashed wrote: »
    Can't recall ever seeing something quite as chilling. Like something from a horror flick. Hope she gets the help she needs but can't see how anyone could overcome doing that to their own kids. So sad, all round.

Be warned, the following is both heartbreaking and chilling:

Mod note, video does not contain graphic images of the fall but if you feel you shouldn't watch it, then don't

The sad thing is that she'll get a slap on the wrist. Russian law does not have death penalty and under Russian Law only men can get a life sentence. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

beeroclock wrote: »
    I feel sick in my stomach after watching that poor kids

Exactly how I feel .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Poor little boys, similar to Mary Keegan here , being cheated on etc. Always the kids that suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Shivers26 wrote: »
    That is truly shocking. I'll decline watching the video, don't think I'd be able.

There must be a serious mental illness going on here (untreated PND can have devastating results). I hope she gets the help she needs.

RIP little boys

I understand its probably a mental issue that needs treatment and appreciate your opinion but, with all due respect I hope she gets life imprisonment and the living sh*t kicked out of her on a daily basis.

Sometimes I think society has become too politically correct by offering help instead of death penalties to callous sadistic cnuts like her .

Those little children can RIP now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Anyone can say the voices made them do it, i wouldn't be confident everyone who said the voices in their head made them do it, was telling the truth.
    It's an excuse that can get you off being with other criminals and murderers

No doubt the Norwegian government, their judiciary and their medical establishment as well as the teams of psychiatrists on both prosecution and defense teams will be relieved to hear that a poster on After Hours has finally managed to solve the riddle of Anders Breivik's motivations.

one4on wrote: »
    The sad thing is that she'll get a slap on the wrist. Russian law does not have death penalty and under Russian Law only men can get a life sentence. :mad:

Yeah Russian prisons are world famous for their relaxed holiday camp atmosphere. So are their psychiatric institutions.

I personally think that giving the woman the chair isn't going to help anyone but this insanity lark is being bandied about way too much these days. Why does someone automatically have to be insane to throw children from the 15th floor of an apartment complex? What ever happened to plain crazy\evil (and I am not making light of this tragedy)

So you're saying she wasn't insane, she was crazy?

:confused:

No doubt the Norwegian government, their judiciary and their medical establishment as well as the teams of psychiatrists on both prosecution and defense teams will be relieved to hear that a poster on After Hours has finally managed to solve the riddle of Anders Breivik's motivations.

Only too pleased to help.:p

She was cold and calculated. She didn't just lose it as is normally the case with insanity. She walked the children up to a higher floor. Increased their chance of being killed outright, not the sign of somebody who isn't thinking it through. This also increased their fall and one brother had to watch the other. Sadistic.
    Woman= psychopath.
    Not a knee jerk reaction, a reaction that is my Hypothesis.
    And if the woman is insane, I still believe she deserves the chair.

Errr, isn't psychopathy by very definition insanity?

Time for a new hypothesis there champ.

Those poor little children. They must have been so scared :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Onixx wrote: »
    But what if a team of psychiatrists deem her insane?

We don't live in a reality where people who are not mentally deranged throw their children to their deaths. Thankfully.
    Errr, isn't psychopathy by very definition insanity?

Time for a new hypothesis there champ.

Well it's not actually recognised by the DSM IV so it's not actually seen as a psychiatric diagnosis. What I'm trying to to say is that it was such a horrific thing to do, I think calling the woman insane somehow takes some of the blame off her. And I don't think that's right.

I think calling the woman insane somehow takes some of the blame off her. And I don't think that's right.
    It doesn't take the blame off her at all. And deciding not to deem her insane just because some people *want* her not to be deemed insane definitely isn't right. If she is, she is.
    It's kinda like saying "I don't care if she had a brain tumour that caused her to do mad stuff, in my opinion she didn't have that brain tumour because I don't want her to get off". Just because it's unpalatable doesn't mean it's not true. She will be locked up. I don't get people showing lots of compassion, then saying "She should fry, be tortured" etc. I know what she did is horrific but it still looks weird to see "Poor little children, she should be tortured!"
    She should of course face severe consequences though, I don't have sympathy for her.

• Site Banned Posts: 46 one4on

I understand its probably a mental issue that needs treatment

Typical, when a woman does something, she needs counselling, when a man does something he needs prison
    I hope she gets life imprisonment and the living sh*t kicked out of her on a daily basis.

Unfortunately Russian law can only give males a life sentence, women are immune to punishment for murder in Russia and are free to walk free after doing it.
    Little kids can RIP

+1

So you're saying she wasn't insane, she was crazy?

:confused:

Apologies, crazy shouldn't have made it in there...i mean just evil, there are people who are of sound mind, but put against the basic level of morality set by modern day society are just evil - plenty of examples throughout history - Hitler being a perfect example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Shivers26 wrote: »
    That is truly shocking. I'll decline watching the video, don't think I'd be able.

There must be a serious mental illness going on here (untreated PND can have devastating results). I hope she gets the help she needs.

RIP little boys

I really hate it when people assume this before any evidence has been forthcoming, it feels like automatically giving parents who commit atrocities against their children some sort of immunity. Not everyone who commits an unspeakable crime is insane or ill, some people just have absolutely no moral conscience whatsoever.

I'm not suggesting that's necessarily what happened here, because I don't know the fact. To automatically assume she's insane or mentally ill is just as bad as automatically assuming she's evil. Nobody knows yet.

I really hate it when people assume this before any evidence has been forthcoming, it feels like automatically giving parents who commit atrocities against their children some sort of immunity. Not everyone who commits an unspeakable crime is insane or ill, some people just have absolutely no moral conscience whatsoever.

I'm not suggesting that's necessarily what happened here, because I don't know the fact. To automatically assume she's insane or mentally ill is just as bad as automatically assuming she's evil. Nobody knows yet.

Well to be fair its either one or the other....and people are bound to speculate until the information comes out. Human nature and all that jazz..

• Advertisement

one4on wrote: »
    Typical, when a woman does something, she needs counselling, when a man does something he needs prison
    Typical where? Did that poster imply it?
    Apologies, crazy shouldn't have made it in there...i mean just evil, there are people who are of sound mind, but put against the basic level of morality set by modern day society are just evil - plenty of examples throughout history - Hitler being a perfect example.
    Hitler seemed pretty damn nuts to me. I'd put money on it that a psychiatric assessment would conclude so.

I don't understand why the possibility of evil actually stemming from being mentally disturbed is so hard to fathom...

A dismissive attitude towards mental illness as something that's just a label stuck on someone to get them off is quite worrying. Pure symptom of the lack of understanding still in existence re mental illness. It's a reality, not something just thrown around for the laugh.

Onixx wrote: »
    Typical where? Did that poster imply it?

Hitler seemed pretty damn nuts to me. I'd put money on it that a psychiatric assessment would conclude so.

I don't understand why the possibility of evil actually stemming from being mentally disturbed is so hard to fathom...

A dismissive attitude towards mental illness as something that's just a label stuck on someone to get them off is quite worrying. Pure symptom of the lack of understanding still in existence re mental illness. It's a reality, not something just thrown around for the laugh.

I could just say the same, but vice versa - why does being evil, wanting to do bad things automatically have to stem from a mental illness? Why should the lack of a conscience, empathy for your fellow human beings be diagnosed with a simple "he\she is sick in the head"?

I just think that there is a distinction between the two - and for people who do genuinely suffer, I pray for them...but I think too many people are playing that card because of views like the above that it is all rooted from a mental disorder

Anyway, I don't want to get into a big debate about it, it has to be remembered that the two little boys are the main victims of this, not their poor ill mother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

lynchy101 wrote: »
    eh?It doesn't show anything.:confused:

That mans ass crack at 45secs cannot be unseen!

There's no playing any card though - it boils down to the conclusion of the psychiatric assessment. It's not being used as an excuse - reason and excuse are different things. What she did was monstrous, to suggest she deserves sympathy would be a bridge too far IMO.

Advertisement