Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from TLL

Options
  • 26-06-2012 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I've already engaged with the mod in question on this, but I'm not happy with her responses.

I've received a 3-day ban from TLL for posting "off topic" in the following thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056681302&page=3

ETA: I PM'd the mod in question about her first warning, as I felt that was unwarranted. I was accused of "derailing" the thread, a charge I disagreed with as I feel that "derailing" implies intent and I pointed out that the thread was evolving naturally, as happens in a huge majority of threads.

The post in question has already been deleted by the mod, so, unfortunately, I can't link to it. It was in direct response to a post attacking me (#44, sorry, don't know how to link directly to a specific post). I accepted that the post was likely to get me infracted, as we had already been warned about staying on-topic, but I felt very strongly that the other post needed to be answered, and on-thread, seeing as the poster had so publicly questioned my motives for posting (and, indeed, accused me of bad-intent that quite simply wasn't there).

My issue now is that a 3-day ban is, imo, excessive and that my post has been deleted, while no action has been taken against the other poster. Surely if a mod is going to be so conscientious in applying the rules, they should be applied equally to all posters in the thread? The option of reporting her post is also not open to me, given that I've been banned from the forum.

I'd appreciate it if you could take the entire issue under review.

Also ETA: I've no problem with the fact that I was infracted, I accepted that that was likely. My issue is with the severity of the infraction and the fact that the rules were not enforced even-handedly.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Hi Guys

Just wondering if this is being looked at? Sorry to pester, I know all the Cmods and admins are volunteers, but it seems a bit futile to invoke the DRP if my ban is going to be up by the time it gets seen anyway.

Thanks a mill.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I just PM'd the CMods for Soc to make sure they see this before your ban is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Apologies for the delay in responding - I plead school holidays (my daughter's, not mine!).

OK, at first sight, yes, that doesn't seem even-handed, and I'd consider the ban excessive. However, you were, as you say, flagrantly in breach of the off-topic warning - PrincessLola, on the other hand, was on topic, but unnecessarily personal, and her post was inevitably going to generate a response.

So I am overturning the ban, on consideration of time served, and infracting PrincessLola for those reasons.

I'm not going to reinstate your post, on the basis that infracting PrincessLola covers any necessary response.

I hope that's acceptable - and once again, apologies for the delay in response.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Cheers Scofflaw, I'm happy with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement