Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FPL 2012/2013 fixture discussion

• 26-06-2012 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭

haven't had a chance to digest the fixture list yet (and am waiting for a tracker to be put up). i know chelsea have a decent start and also have a possibility of a double gameweek (as do reading) in GW1 or GW2. arsenal have a tough start, as do united.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'd say the Chelsea V Reading game in GW3 will just be moved to the monday night. Thats what has happened in the past when Liverpool and Man Utd have played in the Super Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Been moved to GW1 it looks like:
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2821944,00.html

A double gameweek to start the season, that's new. But then they will have a blank in GW3 so not much time to ditch em afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

beglee wrote: »
    Been moved to GW1 it looks like:
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2821944,00.html

A double gameweek to start the season, that's new. But then they will have a blank in GW3 so not much time to ditch em afterwards

Reading and Wigan doubler is tempting though. Don't necessarily have to dump them, if the rest of your squad is good for GW3. Although, you will have an extra transfer to play with, if you let your GW2 one roll over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Just looking at Liverpool's first 5 fixtures

Man City, Arsenal, Man U, and away trips to Sunderland and West Brom :eek:

Although that said, it does mean a run of considerably nicer fixtures after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Staying away from Livepool right from the start, good fixtures or not. I think it is very difficult to tell anything from the fixtures alone, since teams can change over the summer and useless Wigan for most of last year might maintain their good end-of-season form. Not only that but the teams coming up from the championship might do very well and they can't be ridden off as easy opponents straight away. Swansea and Norwich proved how tough of opponents new-comers can be.

I'm not gonna delve into the fixtures when picking my team. That's all I'm saying. The only thing that interests me is the Chelsea double at the start. This has made my mind up for me that Eden Hazard will be in my team at the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FatRat wrote: »
    Staying away from Livepool right from the start, good fixtures or not. I think it is very difficult to tell anything from the fixtures alone, since teams can change over the summer and useless Wigan for most of last year might maintain their good end-of-season form. Not only that but the teams coming up from the championship might do very well and they can't be ridden off as easy opponents straight away. Swansea and Norwich proved how tough of opponents new-comers can be.

I'm not gonna delve into the fixtures when picking my team. That's all I'm saying. The only thing that interests me is the Chelsea double at the start. This has made my mind up for me that Eden Hazard will be in my team at the start.

From the whole drama surrounding his transfer it would seem to me that he has been guarenteed a first team place so he will be less of a rotation risk.
    Also he wasn't at the Euro's so he will not be behind on fitness,some of the same theory could apply to Kagawa as well

Advertisement