Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feeling bad about doing well in the current climate

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

OP I say congrats and kudos to you and fook what all begrudgers say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

I could'nt have put it better myself!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭Burt Lancaster

anewme wrote: »
    Why feel guilty?

You shouldn't, enjoy it while it lasts, because everything is temporary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

if you've gotten to where you are through hard work, you should never feel guilty.

which is also why I hate people saying "you're lucky to have a job".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    I have been very lucky in the last 2 years. Managed to increase my income, won some money and other large things.
    Even foregeting prizes all has been going well. This is vastly better than the 2 years before.
    I generally don't tell people as others are not doing well. The wife feels a bit guilty but I am ok except for needing to keep quite about it. Anybody else doing well but finding it hard to fully enjoy out of a bit guilt?

guilt my arse mr braggapants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Just appreciate it - and do voluntary work if you feel particularly bad. I'm getting on well too and sometimes I do think "There but for the grace..." I feel lucky as opposed to grateful (nothing was handed to me) but by a twist of fate I could be less lucky, so just don't take it for granted and you've nothing to feel bad about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

smash wrote: »
    Yea but there's one thing you can't have.... a dinosaur!

Oh I dont know about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I'm doing ok too, and the good thing about doing good in a recession is that you can hire people who really need the work - that makes their lives way better and I get a rosy glow. As opposed to hiring gits that feel they are doing you a favour by working. I want my feckin halo, and I want it delivered by Fed-Ex. It is waaay overdue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Where To wrote: »
    Two things you should never tell people;

1. You are doing well
    2. You are doing badly

Agreed.
    Alot of people dont wanna hear when someone is doing well ... especially with money. Begrudgery comes out. But same people would get off on hearing you are doing badly.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    I have been very lucky in the last 2 years. Managed to increase my income, won some money and other large things.
    Even foregeting prizes all has been going well. This is vastly better than the 2 years before.
    I generally don't tell people as others are not doing well. The wife feels a bit guilty but I am ok except for needing to keep quite about it. Anybody else doing well but finding it hard to fully enjoy out of a bit guilt?

ur feeling bad?
    ok im so sorry for you
    how about you give me half of what you have and we can both feel bad at the current climate , but at least youll feel good about givin something back to the poor person :D

fukin dickhead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I never feel bad when I'm doing well because I know from experience that it's only temporary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    I never feel bad when I'm doing well because I know from experience that it's only temporary.
    That's very pragmatic. And usually true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Theta wrote: »
    If you deserve it why feel guilty, its not like you screwed anyone over to get it!
    He probably did, that's why feels bad...

Advertisement