Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re ICandy and Uppababy buggies?

Options
  • 26-06-2012 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

We will have out first child in the next few months. Just wondering if anyone could get back to me re the above travel systems (Uppababy vista and ICandy peach).

I'm just wondering if they are a bit cumbersome? I put the Vista in the boot of our car and it takes up a good bit of space ( a 3 series). We will be living in a 2 bed apt by ourselves so space is relatively limited.

Are the 2 buggies awkward for going around town(Dublin), shops etc?

I'm not entirely convinced about getting these travel systems so would welcome any other (neater) suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭bstar

i have an uppababy and i love it. we live in a little townhouse and it stays up in the hall closet out of our way- lived in living room til recently as she slept in the pram during the day has just grown out of it.

I find it very maneuverable has a tiny turning circle so even though it seems big it can get round the shops easily. I also take it on public transport and its great. Now that we dont use bassinet it does fit in the car a bit better but never had any problems previously other than not as much grocery room.

Everyone is always commenting about it when we are out as in how well it moves for a bigish stroller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I didn't bother with a travel system at all. They grow out of the pram bit in about 12 to 16 weeks.. so we went for a buggy that went completely flat instead, plus a carseat. Buggy still going strong at 15 months, I see it lasting til the child is 3 or 4 if needed.

The buggy we got was a Nipper 360. The new model (V2) has clips so you can snap on the carseat. Tony Kealys have them, and are very good at letting you play with them before you buy. Fold, unfold, try it in your car, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 saffron77

We have the iCandy Peach and we love it. It is so sturdy and I do a pile of walking on the road and its great. You can put the maxi cosi seat on the wheels for going to shops etc. You can assemble the wheels with one hand which is so handy and it breaks down with one touch as well. It is light enough to lift in and out of boot no problem. We used the pram a lot the first eight of ten weeks. Baby used to sleep in it during the day. It is expensive but we really feel we are getting value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭bstar

oh and i know someone who has the uppababy with a 3 year old who uses it and the rumble seat aswell when the younger baby is in the main seat and they still love it so you will get alot of time out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Buyingcar2012

Thanks for your replies. I think the iCandy is out of our price range at present. I heard that there is a deal for the Uppababy(car seat etc) in Murphys Rathcoole for €799 which isnt too bad I suppose.

My wife also liked the look of the Quinn Buzz as the pram is quite high (we are both tall) but I didnt like it as it folded it quite large. I would like a system that is relatively tidy.

Any other advice or suggestions re other 3 in 1 travel systems would be welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Buyingcar2012

I forgot to say that we plan to have a few children so would like to have a buggy that can take 2 when the need arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

I forgot to say that we plan to have a few children so would like to have a buggy that can take 2 when the need arises.

A friend of mine bought an iCandy for her 1st, she was thinking ahead to having a 2nd baby. But when the 2nd was born 15months later she bought a Phil & Teds double because the iCandy was too bulky/heavy/awkward. She still used the iCandy pram part for the 2nd baby to sleep downstairs in the house in the early days but as a double buggy she wasn't happy with it.

My sister-in-law has uppababy and loves it but baby is only 2mths so it's early days.

I got a Britax travel system for 300E, no pram but seat was from birth (lie flat) and it took a car seat. Then when baby was 6mths i got a Petite Star Zia+ for 100E to use as a run around light stroller. We still use both for different purposes and my son is 2.5yrs now.

I think the money some people spend on travel systems is insane, i couldn't justify it but that is just my opinion (maybe if i had money to burn i'd have feel differntly :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I hate the Phil and Teds with a passion, I call it the 'bold child' pushchair, but it is probably the best option for a tandem for 2 kids of different ages. In the end I didnt buy one but I can see the attraction.

Advertisement