Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Banks Offer Customer Service by Email?

Options
  • 26-06-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

My wife banks with AIB and to get customer service assistance she must phone or visit a branch. When living in the U.S. both my banks offered customer service by secure email message. You fill out a form on the banking online site and they send you an email when a response is posted. VHI seems to do a similar thing here in Ireland for claims which is great. AIB would save time and money by accepting bank account questions by email too.

So do any of the other major banks in Ireland offer customer support by email?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

http://www.nationalirishbank.ie/en-ie/Personal/eBanking/Features/Pages/Secure-communication.aspx

It's not quite "email" but as close to it as you'll get as normal email isn't secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

That is exactly what I hoped AIB would offer. Thanks for letting me know. A secure (login required) way to deal with customer service using Internet banking. Who has time to call or visit a branch?! I hope AIB is working on it as it must be much less expensive than telephone support.

I'm not familiar with National Irish Bank but I realize they are part of a much European bigger bank. Of course they have very few branches in Dublin but perhaps you get better interest or a safer place to keep your money. Not sure what advantages they offer...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭HOS 1997

MBNA have a service like this for their credit cards.

Advertisement