Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 a side for not so good footballers

Options
  • 26-06-2012 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi, i am looking for 7 players for a weekly hourly game of 5 a side soccer in Sandymount in Dublin 4, starting next week. Pitch has been booked for next Wednesday, there are already three of us signed up and we need 7 more.
    Only looking for people who have not played for a team and who wouldnt be the best at football but still have an interest in it. This is mostly for fitness and fun and havin a game of soccer at the same time. Looking for lads in the 27 - 35 age group. Please message me if you are interested and want more details

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Wozzaah

ah siht i'm 26 and my mate is 37 thats a pity :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

What time on Wednesday? Was thinking of doing something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I think you need a definate 7-10 people you know to start with otherwise looking for randomers the game will soon break up. 3 to start with and looking for 7 strangers i cant see taking off. Surely between the 3 of you you can get 2 people each that you know and start from there. When one or two slack off is the time to post looking for one or two people.

I think the summer months is pre empting idea of a 5-a-side too. As soon as the weather turns and the evenings close in people will break away so that's why you really need to start with a group you know to be sure you have a guaranteed 8 starting each week and build from there.

Not that i frequent the soccer forum but because theres only 3 of you i think it would be better trying to tag on to an existing game, try the soccer forums etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I agree with Rounders, we play a game in Bray every monday and we have about 18 players but still struggle to get the ten every week due to various circumstances, make sure you have at least 12-14 to allow for people unable to show up.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

i would be very interested in this and i meet the criteria you have laid out but unfortunately sandymount is just too far of a stretch for me to get to :( if anyone knows people closer to the city centre or near tallaght,crumlin,ballyfermot or that side of the city i would happily go along

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dees99

Hi - Thanks for the replies all. This will still be going ahead we just need another few players. I understand what rounders said about needing more than the 10 because some wont show up every week and i will make that happen.

Wozzaah - Of course you and your mate and welcome to come. Im just giving a rough idea of the sort of age group. PM me for more details. I am going to reply to the other PM's right now

People still welcome to join this 5 a side team

Advertisement