Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liexlip vs Lucan

Options
  • 26-06-2012 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,
    Didnt saw much information on the topic, and just want to ask only to people living in or around the areas that which place they think is a better place to live/buy a house.
    I was thinking Lucan but drawn more towards Leixlip now, seems like a great place with great links to Dublin just outside the town. Also me and mrs are working in Dublin city centre so commute links are must.
    Thanks for all responses in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

If you are thinking of these 2 then perhaps you should also consider Maynooth. The commute to city centre is practically identical, in fact it is probably slightly better if you want to use the train as there is none in Lucan and from Leixlip you normally find yourself standing. In addition you may also be surprised to learn that Maynooth is far better serviced by social ammenities such as sports/entertainment than either Leixlip or Maynooth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Lucan is not a good area..one of the worst public transport links in Dublin..lots of dodgy estates and shoddily-built houses that are miles from the non-existant facilities like shops and schools.

Be advised tht buying here could be a costly mistake with prices plummeting rapidly.

As a previous poster said,Maynooth although slightly further out has a far better transport system and more in the way of facilities,although to my mind both of these areas make no sense to purchase in unless you happen to work in one of them.

Advertisement