Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Positioning of div

Options
  • 26-06-2012 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys looking for some help on a problem I'm having.

I'm in the stage of designing up a page that displays information from a database. This information can vary from one line to a full paragraph so I want the page to adjust to fit it in.

Here's the page with one line. Working fine

Now heres where the problems starts. Not working

The problem is that the positioning of the div propDesc now over laps the bottom div. I'v tried to fix it but have had no luck. I'm sure its something simple.

Bear in mind that this is only at the early stage of development so the links won't work and its not connected up to the database.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gbro800

there is alot of code, stylesheets and scripts there so can't say exactly where its gone wrong but that problem looks very familiar. If those columns in the left are positioned as float or absolute they will continue down the page and overlap the divs underneath as in your page.
    If they are not positioned at all, they will force the div underneath it down too, so no matter how big the paragraph gets it will never overlap.
    Another solution is to set a hieght for the main div (that doesn't include the related props and backdrops div) and increase it very high in its css sheet, that would forced down the related props div way down the page leaving lots of empty space and room for long columns... not the ideal solution but if nothing else works
    I'm just a student so there could be other/better ways

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

You've got a fixed height of 450px on your #propDesc div.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Thanks guys.

S.M.B. was spot on the money. My brain isn't 100% today.

Advertisement