Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamer spec ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Ah ok. I have online banking ... and I see they say they take VISA on the site ... but I read somewhere they don't take it from Ireland :rolleyes:

Hi Guys ...

Just to let you know I ordered the spec recommend by eBoggles ........ looking forward to delivery :)

Thanks for all your help !

Hi guys ... update ... after five hours trouble shooting with the help of eBoggles ... eventually up and running on the net via wifi dongle (netgear)

Q: It is at it's highest res (1280*1024) I thought it would go higher ..... ?

Q: I can see that th screen proportion is wrong. My son cannot spot it but I can. It is not on widescreen mode ... how can I set that ? I have gone through resolution and graphics settings etc but no luck :(

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

did you definitely get this screen?

www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=58698&agid=603

right click on your desktop and select 'screen resolution' then slide the bar all the way up to 1920*1080. that will also fix your 4:3 woes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Install latest graphics drivers from Nvidia website. You're looking for the 64-bit windows 7 one.

• Advertisement

Eboggles wrote: »
    Install latest graphics drivers from Nvidia website. You're looking for the 64-bit windows 7 one.

Hi and thanks. What I ignored were the drivers on the actual graphics card disk ... :( I ignored it because my memory of my time with windows was always that the ones on the disk were the oldest ... seems in this case I was wrong :D
    Installed the ones on the disk and all now is fixed ... and res is up to 1920 I think.

Solved again ... thanks !!

One more thing guys ..........

I got the Shinobi Midi-tower as in the list on page one of this thread..

It has two blue and two white USB ports on top.

a) Can anyone tell me the significance of the blue and white ?

b) I transferred about 60 photos from a DSLR to the HD yesterday. I then t/f the files to a 4Gb mem stick (USB2). I think the t/f rate was about 3.2Mb/s but can't be sure. I then took the mem stick to my 4yo iMac and t/f the files to it. I would estimate that the t/f to my iMac was about 4 times faster ........ Why is that ?

Thanks in advance ! :)

PS the system I got with your help is doing fantastically well. It is screaming along and booting up in like 20s or less :) brilliant and my son is loving it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Piliger wrote: »
    One more thing guys ..........

I got the Shinobi Midi-tower as in the list on page one of this thread..

It has two blue and two white USB ports on top.

a) Can anyone tell me the significance of the blue and white ?

b) I transferred about 60 photos from a DSLR to the HD yesterday. I then t/f the files to a 4Gb mem stick (USB2). I think the t/f rate was about 3.2Mb/s but can't be sure. I then took the mem stick to my 4yo iMac and t/f the files to it. I would estimate that the t/f to my iMac was about 4 times faster ........ Why is that ?

Thanks in advance ! :)

PS the system I got with your help is doing fantastically well. It is screaming along and booting up in like 20s or less :) brilliant and my son is loving it :)

The blue is USB 3.0, which should give much faster speeds than USB 2.0, which is what the white one is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

One (blue IIRC) is USB 3.0 the others are USB 2.0

Eboggles wrote: »
    The blue is USB 3.0, which should give much faster speeds than USB 2.0, which is what the white one is.

There are two blue and two white ....

So both blue are 3 ... ok :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement