Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i get diesel of a slabbed footpath?

Options
  • 26-06-2012 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Hi, how do i get diesel spilled onto a slabbed footpath, in which a plumber was fixing a burner & some spilled onto it!

Thanks, as afaik path & patio cleaner from Aldi was used on it, but it doesnt look like its shifted as its for someone else i'm finding it out for them.

Thanks for any help received.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hi, how do i get diesel spilled onto a slabbed footpath, in which a plumber was fixing a burner & some spilled onto it!

Thanks, as afaik path & patio cleaner from Aldi was used on it, but it doesnt look like its shifted as its for someone else i'm finding it out for them.

Thanks for any help received.

Go to a local builders providers and ask from industrial strength brick/concrete cleaner.

Dilute it a bit and then hand scrub it into the diesel spill and then power wash it away.:)

Dont forget to wear chemical proof rubber gloves too,unless you want to get a skin infection in your fingers and hands from the cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

paddy147 wrote: »
    Go to a local builders providers and ask from industrial strength brick/concrete cleaner.

Dilute it a bit and then hand scrub it into the diesel spill and then power wash it away.:)

Don't forget to wear chemical proof rubber gloves too,unless you want to get a skin infection in your fingers and hands from the cleaner.

Thanks, found out they also used the brick cleaner & diluted into a bucket & used a tall scrubbing brush on top of it & washed it away with a hose, but hopefully can get a power wash.

Have also heard that sand/salt can draw it out? whats the view on that?

Advertisement