Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kasabian/Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Marley Park - 23 August 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I heard he's going back on the road with The Inspiral Carpets and Northern Uproar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

wouldn't surprise me if it was him and the Stone Roses in london somewhere, perhaps Finsbury Park.
    they've no london shows announced at all yet for the current tour...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

wouldn't surprise me if it was him and the Stone Roses in london somewhere, perhaps Finsbury Park.
    they've no london shows announced at all yet for the current tour...

Why would he announce a big UK show at an Irish gig? Hopefully its a show over here(Blur and NGHFB) but suppose id say it will be an UK show :mad:

Why would he announce a big UK show at an Irish gig? Hopefully its a show over here(Blur and NGHFB) but suppose id say it will be an UK show :mad:
    could well be an Irish show tbf, i was just looking at the SR gigs before i read this and noticed they had nothing for london and it seemed sort of logical :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

oasis patched things up?

• Advertisement

Noel Gallagher this afternoon announced details of an upcoming double-headliner gig with Kasabian at Marlay Park on Thursday 23rd August. The supporting bill includes Yorkshire 3-piece The Cribs. Gallagher and MCD made the announcement in a joint press conference in Croke Park ahead of Gallagher's support slot this evening with Red Hot Chili Peppers.

This will be Noel Gallagher's fourth Irish show in less than a year, after performances in The Olympia, The O2 and tonight's Croke Park gig.

Tickets will cost €49.50 and will be on sale from this Friday 29th June at 9am from Ticketmaster

meh, don't like Kasabian after the 1st album.
    would love to see The Cribs but i'd say they'll be doing a proper tour soon enough for the new album so I'll wait until then to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Four shows here in a year?? Mental

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I can't see this selling well

darryn wrote: »
    I can't see this selling well

I think the opposite , Even though Noel has played here 3 times before the gig he is still very popular and so are Kasabian so between both of them it will be a close to sell out .
    Either way ill be getting a ticket on friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

going croker tonight and have seen Kasabian a few times but ill be going to this too.

unbelievable!!!! great value as well, absolutely buzzing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

50 quid! Thats great value, can't turn that down!

It might be the last Noel Gallagher concert in Ireland for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Good stuff!

Despite the lack of notice and crappy venue, I might have to indulge :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

unkymo wrote: »
    50 quid! Thats great value, can't turn that down!

It might be the last Noel Gallagher concert in Ireland for a while.

Hopefully. I like Noel but the f*ckers over doing it now.

I'll be there though, sure what else would ya be doing on a Thursday night.

Another thursday night gig >.<

1) Olympia Theatre - tiny capacity
    2) O2 - great
    3) Croke Park - Im not paying a fortune to see him play half a set
    4) Marley Park - great with the added bonus of Kasabian

Dont think he is over doing it at all really and the RHCP support probably wasnt planned

Will be my 7th time to see Kasabian and 2nd for Noel :D

Plus €50 is a steal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Brilliant gig.

Kasabian and Noel will be brilliant but its all about The Cribs for me. Such an underrated band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Feck sake. Why do I have to be broke. I've yet to see him live and this will be his 4th gig here in a year.. *sadface*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

get_preview.php?id=8614015

Hmmm....it says "And more to be announced" under The Cribs!

Any ideas?

Anyone want to buy me tickets for my birthday? =P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

unkymo wrote: »
    get_preview.php?id=8614015

Hmmm....it says "And more to be announced" under The Cribs!

Any ideas?

Kasabian are headlining by the looks of that poster, that wasn't made clear before. That's good in my book. Will be a great gig.

nm wrote: »
    Kasabian are headlining by the looks of that poster, that wasn't made clear before. That's good in my book. Will be a great gig.

Had a feeling that Kasabian would be last which is a good move . Dont really care about the Cribs nothing special imo , if any other bands are added id say it will be an irish act like Royseven/Bi-Polar Empire etc

Had a feeling that Kasabian would be last which is a good move . Dont really care about the Cribs nothing special imo , if any other bands are added id say it will be an irish act like Royseven/Bi-Polar Empire etc

Bi-polar Empire would be a good choice to open the gig. Have yet to see them live but I like what I've heard. :)

How many acts to you think there will be in total? There's 3 announced and I reckon maybe 2 more could be announced to open the gig, would that be about right? If this doesn't sell out straight away (fingers crossed), I shall be trying to get tickets. :D

Bi-polar Empire would be a good choice to open the gig. Have yet to see them live but I like what I've heard. :)

How many acts to you think there will be in total? There's 3 announced and I reckon maybe 2 more could be announced to open the gig, would that be about right? If this doesn't sell out straight away (fingers crossed), I shall be trying to get tickets. :D

Id say the "more to be announced" is just for if it doesnt sell well then they can bump it up with another act

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

50 quid is a snip for this

Lookin' forward to my freebies off daddy though :D

Id say the "more to be announced" is just for if it doesnt sell well then they can bump it up with another act

Oh, alright..

I wouldn't say it'll have trouble selling at all judging by what I've read here and the bands that are playing! Any chance of them pulling in someone like The Vaccines if they did decide to add another band?

I'm hoping it doesn't sell too well in the beginning, but that's just because I won't be able to get a ticket straight away. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

Cannot wait for this :-D delighted ever since I heard a couple of weeks back that Kasabian would be playing Marlay park but to have Noely G thrown in as well is superb ! Gona be catching Kasabian in Ibiza rocks in 2 weeks time aswell

• Advertisement

Oh, alright..

I wouldn't say it'll have trouble selling at all judging by what I've read here and the bands that are playing! Any chance of them pulling in someone like The Vaccines if they did decide to add another band?

I'm hoping it doesn't sell too well in the beginning, but that's just because I won't be able to get a ticket straight away. :p

Doubt the Vaccines will be added , The cribs will be as big as they go for support . They wont need to add any other big bands tbh since if you look at both Kasabians and Noels last Irish tour between them they basically sold out 3 arena shows (not sure if Noel did Belfast if he did then 4) which is about 34000 between them . Depends on which side of Marley they are using one side is about 25000 and the other 30000/35000

Advertisement