Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kasabian/Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Marley Park - 23 August 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I seen both Noel and Kasabian at their last O2 shows so this wouldn't appeal that much to me, but as I will be in Dublin anyway for The Black Keys gig the night before I may as well stay an extra night.....i love it when **** works out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

What is Marley Park like for gigs anyway? And where the hell is Marley Park?! :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

mutley18 wrote: »
    I seen both Noel and Kasabian at their last O2 shows so this wouldn't appeal that much to me, but as I will be in Dublin anyway for The Black Keys gig the night before I may as well stay an extra night.....i love it when **** works out!

Phew i just realised that i had the Foo Fighters/Black Keys gig 2 days before this . Gonna be a great 2 days:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Doubt the Vaccines will be added , The cribs will be as big as they go for support . They wont need to add any other big bands tbh since if you look at both Kasabians and Noels last Irish tour between them they basically sold out 3 arena shows (not sure if Noel did Belfast if he did then 4) which is about 34000 between them . Depends on which side of Marley they are using one side is about 25000 and the other 30000/35000

Flawed logic there, it's not separate 34,000 individuals - the same people will have gone to those 4 gigs, Kasabian and Noel have much the same fan base and both were only 'sold out' in the MCD sense.. as in you could still actually buy tickets on ticketmaster coming up to the event again and there was plenty around.

That said, I'm sure this will do well.

nm wrote: »
    Flawed logic there, it's not separate 34,000 individuals - the same people will have gone to those 4 gigs, Kasabian and Noel have much the same fan base and both were only 'sold out' in the MCD sense.. as in you could still actually buy tickets on ticketmaster coming up to the event again and there was plenty around.

That said, I'm sure this will do well.

Ah yea forgot that my bad :D . Yea the fact they have put both of them on the same bill for a very reasonable price it was clever of MCD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Is there any way this will be sold out dya reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Does anyone think Noel Gallagher will play a longer set than he did at the Chilli's gig? He played about 13 songs last night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Does anyone think Noel Gallagher will play a longer set than he did at the Chilli's gig? He played about 13 songs last night.

Would say 8 from his album, 4 Oasis, 1 cover and a couple of new tunes, so ballpark 15 sings I'd imagine

its a "double headliner" so id assume they will both play full sets ~20 songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Speaking of Croker, anyone care to post the setlist for NGHFB? I would really like to see/hear some variety and not just the same batch of songs he has been touring since the O2.

No excuse given the huge catalogue at his disposal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

kasabian better be topping the bill otherwise i wont go. marley park is brilliant for a gig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Savman wrote: »
    Speaking of Croker, anyone care to post the setlist for NGHFB? I would really like to see/hear some variety and not just the same batch of songs he has been touring since the O2.

No excuse given the huge catalogue at his disposal.

(It's Good) To Be Free(Oasis cover)
    Everybody's on the Run
    Dream On
    If I Had a Gun...
    The Death of You and Me
    (I Wanna Live in a Dream in My) Record Machine
    AKA... What a Life!
    Talk Tonight(Oasis cover)
    AKA... Broken Arrow
    Half The World Away(Oasis cover)
    (Stranded On) The Wrong Beach
    Little By Little(Oasis cover)
    Don't Look Back In Anger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Joekers wrote: »
    Cannot wait for this :-D delighted ever since I heard a couple of weeks back that Kasabian would be playing Marlay park but to have Noely G thrown in as well is superb ! Gona be catching Kasabian in Ibiza rocks in 2 weeks time aswell
    I'm goin to the Ibiza rocks for kasabian on my way to benicassim. Should be an epic gig!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

50 Euro is a bargain, seen Noel last night at Croker and he was great, quick question though- Why is the band called Noel Gallaghers High Flyin Birds as opposed to the High Flying Birds, is it not a little derogatary towards the rest of the band? Like is it not similar to Kings of Leon being called Caleb Followills Kings of leon etc.? I know nothing about the band so excuse me if theres a perfectly valid reason, I'm just a little curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Cannot wait for this, Kasabina ive seen about 5 times live at this stage and they have never disappointed and it will be my first time to see Noel Gallagher High Flying Birds and in an outdoor venue cant get better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭Morrison J

TheStook wrote: »
    50 Euro is a bargain, seen Noel last night at Croker and he was great, quick question though- Why is the band called Noel Gallaghers High Flyin Birds as opposed to the High Flying Birds, is it not a little derogatary towards the rest of the band? Like is it not similar to Kings of Leon being called Caleb Followills Kings of leon etc.? I know nothing about the band so excuse me if theres a perfectly valid reason, I'm just a little curious.

Well its basically Noels solo career more than his new band. He set it up and writes all the music. Nearly every singer has a band with them when performing live that go on tour with him and help with recordings but that's it. For example Imelda May has a full band behind her when she performs but she just performs under the name 'Imelda May' and gives no mention to her band in the title.

Its Noels solo career in summary and he could have easily just called himself 'Noel Gallagher' like most (Imelda May, Miles Kane) but instead included the name of his band (Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Sorry for repeating this question but I really need to know is there any chance of this being sold out in the first week or so or will there be tickets up until a few days before hand?

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Have to agree, 50Euro is a bargain! Roll on Friday, can't wait to get some tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

ChewChew wrote: »
    Have to agree, 50Euro is a bargain! Roll on Friday, can't wait to get some tickets!

Saw Noel in Belfast a few months ago and whilst he's not a comfortable man talking to a crowd, he is one excellent live performer. Will defo be getting tickets for this!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

yellow hen wrote: »
    Saw Noel in Belfast a few months ago and whilst he's not a comfortable man talking to a crowd, he is one excellent live performer. Will defo be getting tickets for this!
    I've never heard him live, ever so I'm really looking forward to this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I'm a huge fan of the man but the only criticism I have to voice is my disappointment with the setlist, it's far too repetitive and predictable for my liking. I've been following NGHFB online and watched a few of the excellent live broadcasts etc. and I enjoyed the O2 gig immensely, but I don't really want to hear the same set again in Marlay Park.

Seriously hoping he digs a little deeper for the final portion of the tour, Listen Up, Rockin' Chair or pretty much any of the countless Oasis B-Sides would be spectacular to hear, there is no reason not to include these IMHO.

That Royal Albert Hall ("Dreams We Have As Children") CD is absolutely top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Morrison J wrote: »
    Well its basically Noels solo career more than his new band. He set it up and writes all the music. Nearly every singer has a band with them when performing live that go on tour with him and help with recordings but that's it. For example Imelda May has a full band behind her when she performs but she just performs under the name 'Imelda May' and gives no mention to her band in the title.

Its Noels solo career in summary and he could have easily just called himself 'Noel Gallagher' like most (Imelda May, Miles Kane) but instead included the name of his band (Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band)

Oh so its not a band its just Noel being backed up by the same group basically, Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Just got two tickets!
    Can't wait, should be a great night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Just got two tickets!
    Can't wait, should be a great night!
    Presale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

nm wrote: »

Cheers just got my ticket there

cheers for that! saves me the hassle in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Is the presale over? Nothing showing for me when i click that link!

Edit; just seen that the presale has finished on MCD's Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Tickets sorted, can't wait!!

• Advertisement

What's the capacity of Marlay?
    I haven't bought tickets yet as I've too much on :(

Advertisement