Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kasabian/Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Marley Park - 23 August 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Wihoo got my tickets. Buying them for Kasabian but Noel Gallagher is definately a bonus. Never seen him or Oasis live. AT €50 this gig is a bargain. Really admire Kasabian for always having reasonable gig prices.

Love Marley Park for gigs. Live very close and it's a great space for a concert.

Clanket wrote: »
    Never seen him or Oasis live. .

You're in for a treat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Well I can't get tickets for this today, thanks largely to Ulster Bank :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

What's the capacity of Marlay?
    I haven't bought tickets yet as I've too much on :(

Around the 10,000 mark for concerts. I got 4 this morning, buzzing seeing Noel three times in Ireland in a year and love love love Kasabian. Surprised if this one doesn't sell out rather quick.

Savman wrote: »
    Well I can't get tickets for this today, thanks largely to Ulster Bank :rolleyes:

If you're stuck I can order an extra one or two. No hassle. I don't think it's gonna sell out today though but I could be wrong - it happened once before :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Drogmal wrote: »
    Around the 10,000 mark for concerts. I got 4 this morning, buzzing seeing Noel three times in Ireland in a year and love love love Kasabian. Surprised if this one doesn't sell out rather quick.

AFAIK between the 2 sides of the Park you can either get 25,000 or 30,000/35,000 ish

Drogmal wrote: »

It will be a lot more than that providing they open the field fully. I seen Coldplay a few years back and there was at least 20,000. Same for the Killers. Last year the gig capacity was only 5,000 because they put up a tent instead of having it outdoors.

Quick google and this site says David Guetta will be playing the 25,000 capacity Marley Park.

http://www.clickonline.com/music/david-guetta-to-perform-at-marlay-park/8257/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The licence for the gigs in Marlay Park this summer is 22,000.

If you're stuck I can order an extra one or two. No hassle. I don't think it's gonna sell out today though but I could be wrong - it happened once before :D

You're too kind! I'll wait it out I think, stuck in limbo atm, hoping it doesn't sell out in the meantime...I'm quietly confident!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Saw Kasabian in the o2 at their last Irish concert. Also saw Noel in the o2.

Anyone who hasn't seen them before is in for a treat.

They were my two favourite concerts so far. I'm sick I missed Noel's Olympia gig but the O2 was stunning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

http://www.skynet.be/muziek/festivals/rock-werchter-2012/vod/10290

Seems like a great gig.

The "Fire" part at the end is brilliant. Would love if they did this at Marley

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

Why are all the tickets just "general admission" on ticketmaster? Are there no seated tickets or no standing tickets? or do I have to go onto the next page to select where I want to go??

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Nal wrote: »
    Why are all the tickets just "general admission" on ticketmaster? Are there no seated tickets or no standing tickets? or do I have to go onto the next page to select where I want to go??

No seating

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

No seating

thanks! Isn't the same for the stone roses?

Any news on the Public Transport offerings for this? Couldn't find anything on MCD or Dublin Bus sites, trying to decide whether to just drive or not.

Any news on the Public Transport offerings for this? Couldn't find anything on MCD or Dublin Bus sites, trying to decide whether to just drive or not.

Yea was thinking the same , id say they will announce it closer to the dates . Also my tickets arrived in the post today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Fritzl Funderland

tomorow six weeks cant wait!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

dublin bus at 4pm from the quay is very likely.

Ticket arrived this morning

and on another note the tall ships festival starts at 2pm the same day all down the quay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Do people reckon there will be any crowd there at all for The Cribs? Hope people going get in there early cause I'll be there mainly for the Cribs and I'm hoping its not dead. Great live band.

Just to wet the appetite for August

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 SuperBW

Hey,

First time post here but have to ask this,

Snow patrol & FATM sell 45,000 tickets in 1 day.

Kasabian & NGHFB's still have'nt sold 25,000 tickets.

What the hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

I saw in the advertising in the paper more acts tba ! Be great to get a few more acts . I wonder if it will sell out.

SuperBW wrote: »
    Hey,

First time post here but have to ask this,

Snow patrol & FATM sell 45,000 tickets in 1 day.

Kasabian & NGHFB's still have'nt sold 25,000 tickets.

What the hell?
    Current trends will always shift more tickets. That and market saturation too, NGHFB are having a busy year on this island.

I've always thought Kasabian don't get the attention they deserve. Quality band.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Current trends will always shift more tickets. That and market saturation too, NGHFB are having a busy year on this island.

Kasabaian do have a big following here along with NGHFB but they both have played here a lot so a lot of people will be so so about this gig and im sure when its gets closer ticket sales will improve.

Me though I never tire of seeing Kasabian live.

Kasabaian do have a big following here along with NGHFB but they both have played here a lot so a lot of people will be so so about this gig and im sure when its gets closer ticket sales will improve.

Me though I never tire of seeing Kasabian live.

I do agree that Kasabian have a big following over here but not as big as SP/FATM sadly (even though i like SP id still prefer KAsabian) .
    As said Noel has played here a good bit over the last 9 months or so , but i can still seeing this selling out before the gig .
    Kasabian are one of those bands imo that keep getting better and better each time i see them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I do agree that Kasabian have a big following over here but not as big as SP/FATM sadly (even though i like SP id still prefer KAsabian) .
    As said Noel has played here a good bit over the last 9 months or so , but i can still seeing this selling out before the gig .
    Kasabian are one of those bands imo that keep getting better and better each time i see them

Without a doubt for me Kasabian are the best band around at the momment and continue to improve all the time and and are a great live band. Ive no doubt this will sell out or be very close to a full house.

But you are right Snow Patrol and Florence do seem to have a bigger following but diff strokes for diff folks as long as they keep selling enough tickets to keep returning to Ireland ill be happy. I cant wait for this as also looing forward to NGHFB for the first time aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

‎From MCD via facebook
    Maverick Sabre joins one of the biggest rock line ups of the summer at Marlay Park on August 23rd with Kasabian, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds and The Cribs. Tickets are on sale now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Was kinda on the fence about this gig but Maverick Sabre has just sealed the deal.

All over it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 70GalwayGirl

Just a quick question, guys. Does anyone know if Noel Gallagher and the High Flying Birds are coming to Dublin again this year?
    Can't find anything fixed - maybe I'm just blind ;)

Advertisement