Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kasabian/Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Marley Park - 23 August 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

look at the topic name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Just a quick question, guys. Does anyone know if Noel Gallagher and the High Flying Birds are coming to Dublin again this year?
    Can't find anything fixed - maybe I'm just blind ;)

Oh wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 70GalwayGirl

okay, sorry for the mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

Hi,

Does anybody know what time Noel will be kicking off at in Marley?

Need to know in case I need time off work to get out there on time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

You'd imagine Kasabian will be on about 9pm, Noel Gallagher will be finished about 8:30pm so he should be starting about 7 / 7:15pm?

It's a guess but it's usually in and and around those times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

Clanket wrote: »
    You'd imagine Kasabian will be on about 9pm, Noel Gallagher will be finished about 8:30pm so he should be starting about 7 / 7:15pm?

It's a guess but it's usually in and and around those times

Cheers..think it'll have to be a half day for me so.....finished work at 6, no way I will make it out there from town!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭bren2001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Fritzl Funderland

3 weeks today. would be happy to have a day like today

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It was an unbelievable treat for indie rock fans nationwide when news broke out about Kasabian and Noel Gallagher performing live on the same bill this Summer! And now, as each day passes, fans are counting down the days until Kasabian plus special guests / support acts Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, The Cribs and Maverick Sabre grace the stage within the unique setting on Marlay Park in Dublin on Thursday the 23rd of August 2012, for what definitely will be the highlight of the summer for many music fans in Ireland.

Although many may agree that the line up should consist of Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds headlining with Kasabian as special guests, the ex Oasis legend has firmly put his hand up and allowed Tom Meighan and Co. to take front seat for this one.

Tickets for Kasabian plus special guests / support acts Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, The Cribs and Maverick Sabre are still on sale through Ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide, priced from €49.50 including booking fee. Click here to buy tickets.

Music Scene is delighted to reveal the official stage times for Kasabian live at Marlay Park in Dublin on Thursday August 23rd 2012:

17:00 – Gates Open

17:30 – Maverick Sabre

18:30 – The Cribs

19:30 – Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds

21:00 – Kasabian

*Please Note: Stage Times can be subject to change.

Under 16’s who shall be attending this Marlay Park live concert in Dublin on August 23rd 2012 must be accompanied by an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭kala85

Where could I get accommodation close to the concert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

kala85 wrote: »
    Where could I get accommodation close to the concert

Bewleys Leopardstown!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Thinking of going to this but I'll wait until closer to the time and see what the weather is like before forking out for a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

G-Money wrote: »
    Thinking of going to this but I'll wait until closer to the time and see what the weather is like before forking out for a ticket.

Fcuk What the weather will be like, thus will be great show regardless of the weather. Sure if we all worried bout the weather in this country we'd never leave the house.

mcd_productions
    MAVERICK SABRE to play Kasabian & Noel Gallagher after party!! See him live in the @academydublin on August 23rd..Tickets €10 on sale now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Fritzl Funderland

any idea is this gig at marlay inside a tent like 2manydjs was last july?

No it's an outdoor gig

To big too post , so here is the MCD safety notice

http://www.mcd.ie/safety_notices/marlaypark_safetynotice.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

any word on stage times?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Looks like we could be facing over the top security measure thanks to the SHM shambles in the phoenix park. Better still be able to smuggle my drink in :D

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0816/gardai-issue-warning-over-marlay-park-concerts.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

df1985 wrote: »
    any word on stage times?

17:00 – Gates Open

17:30 – Maverick Sabre

18:30 – The Cribs

19:30 – Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds

21:00 – Kasabian

*Please Note: Stage Times can be subject to change.

• Advertisement

jesus....

treat people like children, theyll act like children.

I was up in the park yesterday and they're setting it up for the gigs.

Stage is going to be in front of Marlay House. Last gig I was at it was at the opposite end of the same field. Few pics:-

217649.jpg

217650.jpg

217651.jpg

217652.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 46 SuperBW

Hey People,

What time do ye reckon you would need to be there in order to ensure entry to the pit? I think the earliest I can get there is 3.30. Is this too late?

I almost always get to the front and really want to do the same for this one.

reckon we'll need wellies?

Forecast is for rain. The fields in Marley have been pretty soft over the summer with all the rain we've had so I'd say they'll go to pieces with thousands of people on them.

However, Kasabian is the first of the 3 gigs so it might be alright for us but get progressively worse each day. Probably be a muck-fest by Van the man on Saturday.

The toilet areas are always a problem though so if you don't wear wellies, you'll be getting mucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 heathenglory

The wait's nearly over, this will be the 3rd time I've seen Noel on this tour and he just gets better and better. Have seen the aftershow party's been announced, is it worth going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have work so forced to turn up late. Pissed that I have to miss Sabre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

Anybody know the story regards pit passes or is there even gona be one at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

with all the extra secuirity will it take an age to get into the gig or whats everyones thoughts on it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Anza

Does anybody know is there gonna be a pit at this gig?

Advertisement