Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kasabian/Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Marley Park - 23 August 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Just looking at Noel's setlists recently - why on earth has he dropped The Importance Of Being Idle? Don't Look Back In Anger aside, it's the biggest Oasis hit Noel sings lead on and is epic live. Had he replaced it with The Masterplan than fine but he appears to have just taken it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

How much are pints in there usually do we know? I know these places are never cheap but with some people in there for 7 hours it's surely not too unreasonable...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

How much are pints in there usually do we know? I know these places are never cheap but with some people in there for 7 hours it's surely not too unreasonable...

€5 a pint

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

What kind of drinks do they have? Just heino?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jackies green army

SB-08 wrote: »
    Just looking at Noel's setlists recently - why on earth has he dropped The Importance Of Being Idle? Don't Look Back In Anger aside, it's the biggest Oasis hit Noel sings lead on and is epic live. Had he replaced it with The Masterplan than fine but he appears to have just taken it out.

Where can you find his recent setlists?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭kala85

where could I park for this concert?? will be coming up on the m50. what is the best way of getting there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

If you were heading Southbound, take the turn off for Firhouse / Knocklyon and swing left. It's pretty straight up to Marley from there (you have to go straight through a few roundabouts).

Here's a map

I'm not sure where they're going to close the roads from. I'd advise you not to drive but if you must, you could park in any of the estates as close as you can get.

am I better off coming off the motorway at junction 12 rather than junction 13??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

Looks like heavy rain tni from 10 onwards so wellies could be advised for leaving the grounds and definitely for people attending any of the other gigs over the weekend

Either or. Junction 13 and you approach from the other side. Actually, there's probably more estates if you use 13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jaykayphd

Clanket wrote: »
    If you were heading Southbound, take the turn off for Firhouse / Knocklyon and swing left. It's pretty straight up to Marley from there (you have to go straight through a few roundabouts).

Here's a map

I'm not sure where they're going to close the roads from. I'd advise you not to drive but if you must, you could park in any of the estates as close as you can get.

It's going to be difficult to park in the nearby estates. It was allowed a few years ago and the residents obviously didn't like it. Now you will find either stewards or Guards or both at the entrances and you have to produce a parking permit/residents permit to get into the estates. That is for estates along the Grange road. Not sure about elsewhere.

There is usually parking in Marlay Park's second car park. Best bet would be to get off the M50 at the Dundrum exit and take the first left off the roundabout and the car park is usually signposted from there.

Yep according to the Garda website, the College Road Car Park is open. Park there

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=9721

will i be able to get a ticket near marlay park??

Why don't you just go to a ticketmaster and buy one?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Theres a ticketmaster in Marley, you should be able to buy one there.

The Nal wrote: »
    Theres a ticketmaster in Marley, you should be able to buy one there.

Do they set up a temporary one on the day?

will i need wellies or will boots do?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Clanket wrote: »
    Do they set up a temporary one on the day?

Was last year yeah. Just a cabin as you're walking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

kala85 wrote: »
    will i need wellies or will boots do?

The $64,000,000 question...I'm going to take a chance and leave the wellies at home...famous last words :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    The $64,000,000 question...I'm going to take a chance and leave the wellies at home...famous last words :pac:

I'm gonna do that tomorrow night.. probably gonna turn up at the hotel looking like an oompa loompa :D

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

kala85 wrote: »
    where could I park for this concert?? will be coming up on the m50. what is the best way of getting there??

I know there's parking in Three Rock Rovers hockey club which is next to the entrance to Marley, not sure how much it is but if you're driving get off the M50 at junction 13 and follow the Brehonfield road.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

I see Marathon Travel have pulled a fast one at the last minute and are forcing people to buy return tickets for €10 rather than have the option of a single ticket to the gig for a €5. Rip Off Ireland still alive and well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ted!

The security is crazy here. Plastic bags handed out at entrance and into them the contents of your pockets must go. Patted down, metal detection employed and strip search tent for the unlucky ones who look like they buy their clothes in Unique and footwear in Simon Harts.

Safe I feel, good to be treated like we were about to board a flight to Washington wearing Al Qaeda t-shirts.

No Guinness for purchase, only Heinekan but there is a Superquinn Sausage stall, so eh .. lose / win, or something and we got some pit passes too, so not so bad.

Everyone we speak with seems to be here for Noel, so could be a half empty pit to greet the handsome lads at the end who sing those songs the commercials are always sampling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Sound just blew!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Carroller wrote: »
    Sound just blew!
    A second time!!! This is a disgrace!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

Carroller wrote: »
    Sound just blew!

And again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Noel doesn't look too happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

MCD are clowns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

From what a mate just tweeted, having few cans in peace is near impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

MaxSteele wrote: »
    From what a mate just tweeted, having few cans in peace is near impossible.

Very true even near the place, I live very close by and was over at the shops a little while ago, people walking along the road with cans in hand are being stopping and having them taken off them, garda vans driving up and down literally jumping out and pouncing :D

They were not kids either late 20's early 30's , I live here and would have no issue with some one having a beer on the way in given the cost of the pee pee inside, just the mess left form the empties is a bit much, and really can't blame punters for that here as I did not see one bin on the way down grange rd.

Don't recall ever seeing this much gardaí in the area for a gig :confused:

Advertisement