Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Shoppers - what are you waiting on?

• 26-06-2012 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

I love shopping online but hate the waiting period between buying and receiving!!

I am currently waiting on three items i've bought on ebay - the amazing spiderman opi nail varnishes and two nip and fab products im so impatient I want them now! :o

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I'm waiting on some Liz Earle products that I ordered on Friday and 2 Sleek palettes that I ordered yesterday.

My favourite company to order from are Cloud10 cos their stuff invariably arrives within 48 hours... Even at that I can be impatient!! Have my postie haunted! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I'm not waiting on anything :(

A few months ago my regular postman was off so there was another guy filling in for him and after a few days he asked me if I bought everything online as I had gotten a lot of parcels. :o

The postman in the van used to come to us maybe twice a week with stuff for me.

I buy most of my clothes on eBay as I prefer loose fitting clothes and everything in shops these days is all fitted.

I do have my eye on a gorgeous navy and white maxi dress on eBay though. It's ending in a day or two.......

I may or may not have a parcel next week :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Liz Earle will take a week, its not too slow. love cloud 10 too, great customer service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I've never ordered from cloud 10 must take a look :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I am waiting on nail wheels from China (ebay) to swatch all my polishes and have them to hand :) (gay?!) they'll be numbered to my spreadsheet "my collection".................. :rolleyes:

Also, a set of mini kleancolor nail polishes, 3 x china glaze polishes, a new android tablet ordered today, a case for that tablet, ordered today, a beauty box from UK.

Where did you order the NIP + FAB? They have great deals in Debenhams at the mo but the website has expensive postage - 12.95GBP

• Advertisement

Where did you order the NIP + FAB? They have great deals in Debenhams at the mo but the website has expensive postage - 12.95GBP
    Does debenhams.com deliver to Ireland? I just looked on their website after seeing your post and couldn't find anything about delivering to ROI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

http://www.debenhams.ie/beauty/nip-fab

its their Irish site, usually free delivery, ordered off them a few times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Am waiting on
    Murad skin perfecting primer with free full size Murad resurgence sheer lustre moisturiser.
    2 x 500ml bottles of Paul Mitchell Supersculpt
    Nip+Fab No needle serum and Nip+Fab scrub

Had a great van postman before who used to put my packages in a secret hiding place when I wasn't in but now there's never the same fellow for more than a week so if I'm not in I have to go to the sorting office:( I sometimes feel embarrassed about the amount of packages that come here:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I amwaiting on nothing either. Thankfully the postman who delievers to me will call back if I am not in or bring it to my workplace.

The old postman on my route was horrible, he used to give out about the amount of parcels I go ( about one a week and at that time it was work related as I worked from home). I was always in when a parcel arrived.

In the end I got annoyed and said to him that people getting post was keeping him in a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I get everything delivered to work. Yesterday I received some nails varnishes that I paid for on Thursday morning, and they came from America! Very impressed with that!

I love online shopping, it's so easy and hassle free. I just don't buy jeans or similar fitted stuff online as the risk of it not fitting is high.

No more online shopping for me til July payday though! Lots of bills this month!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Im waiting on lush bubbleroon and theirry mulger womanity,maybelline pink frosting mousse,whistles cardigan,and salsa jeans,seriously check the salsa jeans out!! - i dont know if ill get it as i have been waiting over 2 weeks now,but its coming from the states so it could be that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I'm waiting on a pair of wet look leggings and a jumper from boohoo.com and then a set of underwear and a dress from ASOS. Boohoo stuff should be here by tomorrow. Asos I only ordered today so if they're here by the end of the week I'll be pleased :)

Phythia I do that too our work receptionist is lovely and doesnt mind me getting everything delivered there. :D

Dancing Queen I was all set to buy nip and fab stuff on debenhams.ie but found some on ebay and bought them - the eye fix was 8.99 pounds and the dark circle fix a bargain at 10 euro and 4.50 pound postage. I've not used these sellers before though so can't recommend them until my stuff arrives! the waiting is killing me I am so impatient :rolleyes:

Im waiting on lush bubbleroon and theirry mulger womanity,maybelline pink frosting mousse,whistles cardigan,and salsa jeans,seriously check the salsa jeans out!! - i dont know if ill get it as i have been waiting over 2 weeks now,but its coming from the states so it could be that..
    If it's coming from the States customs could have your item(s) as any items over a certain value are liable for customs duty.

I think customs send you a letter or the postman will deliver your parcel, but you'll have to pay him the customs charge.

I'm waiting on some Liz Earle products that I ordered on Friday and 2 Sleek palettes that I ordered yesterday.

My Sleek palettes arrived today! :D

which ones did you get? i havent used sleek but always see people talking about them

which ones did you get? i havent used sleek but always see people talking about them

I got the two matte palettes - bright & dark. Haven't even had time to swatch them yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

I'm waiting on Perfume at the mo. Lots of places now have a click and collect option or buy online and have your purchases delivered to your local shop. I love this because in some cases delivery is free and it also saves the hassle of driving to the Post Office depot which always seems to be closed by the time I get off work. Even worse is when it has to be signed for and they leave it with a neighbour, they have left 4 different packages with my next door neighbour, it's getting embarrassing at this stage, I feel like I should be giving them some sort of commission :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I'm waiting on nailpolish now and whatever else I purchase in the next hour! :)

My eye fix arrived :) still waiting on the rest and now on some china glaze polishes I bought on eBay!

• Advertisement

I'm waiting on some Liz Earle products that I ordered on Friday

And they arrived this morning! :) Beautifully packaged so haven't fully opened them. Will give me something to do later.

My dark circle fix arrived. Still waiting on polishes I ordered ages ago from eBay - 24 despatch ya right!
    On the plus side my boo hoo dress should arrive tomorrow it was a bargain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Did a lot of buying on ebay this evening!!

Bought Skin79 Gold BB Cream (thanks to the review on SmokeyEyes' blog :D). Been wanting one for ages, and this sounds the best for my colouring/skin type. Also bought 2 NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils in Black Bean and Milk for using as eyeshadow bases.

Annnnd, this is what I'm most looking forward to! China Glaze Aquadelic, been wanting it since I saw the Electropop collection preview picx in like January :o

Anyone else waiting on stuff at the minute?

I'm waiting on the Skin 79 BB cream too, hoping that it is as good as I have heard!

nina ricci - les belles de ricci in liberty fizz

thierry mulger - womanity fig fragrance

christian dior - dior show blusher in pink

ylang ylang essential oil

all from ebay great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

I am waiting over a month for something I.purchased off adverts, seller keeps saying its in the post!!! But yes I do hate waiting and then it looks completly different to what it was advertised.

slow sellers are the worst - i had my fair share on ebay,i have one perfume coming from the US apparently hasnt shown up its the theirry mulgier one womanity,she said it would be 2 weeks ago,opened a paypal dispute and everything,will have to check on it again,always follow up,get their phone number etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

I just bought a load of makeup from ELF and I have 6 bids on clothes and handbags ending today so hopefully I'll win them all :)
    buy_all_things-400x300.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Just put in an order with Cara Pharmacy so have a few badly needed things coming. Rimmel blusher, two Vita Liberata eyeshadows, W7 slanted eyeshadow brush, sun cream and a few different mascaras. Trying to find a mascara that I love as much as Maybelline's Colossal Volume so no harm to try a few different ones out when they're so cheap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Whenever I go into Cara Pharmacy (albeit the bricks & mortar version) I always end up coming out with so much stuff! They've started selling MAC too now, which makes it even worse :p

I wish all the stuff I ordered would be here tomorrow >.< that's the worst thing about ordering online, the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Waiting on free Elizabeth Arden products being sent out to me for reviews for a while now, ordered Sleek on Friday from the beauty Emporium so hopefully here tomorrow! Ordered Sigma brushes to my friends Aunty's house in the states who's paying a visit although said friend won't be back for 2 weeks but getting them for 60 instead of 90 is worth the wait!

I wish Superdrug's website would get the MUA undressed palette back in stock, want it so badly!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

I wish Superdrug's website would get the MUA undressed palette back in stock, want it so badly!
    where are you based? I'm hoping to get to superdrug in tallaght this week to get heaven and earth, I can let you know if it's in stock?

where are you based? I'm hoping to get to superdrug in tallaght this week to get heaven and earth, I can let you know if it's in stock?

Cork I'm afraid, the nearest one to me is Limerick. I used to live about five minutes away from the Superdrug in Santry a few years ago, wish I'd known about MUA back then! Hoping to be in Dublin in the next month or so, so I'll grab the whole range then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Cork I'm afraid, the nearest one to me is Limerick. I used to live about five minutes away from the Superdrug in Santry a few years ago, wish I'd known about MUA back then! Hoping to be in Dublin in the next month or so, so I'll grab the whole range then :)

I know where you can buy MUA online (not ebay) want me to PM you?

• Advertisement

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I know where you can buy MUA online (not ebay) want me to PM you?

Yes please! :pac:

Glossybox released a limited edition Sundari box today that I quickly nabbed (it's since sold out), so that should be arriving some time next week :)

Glossybox released a limited edition Sundari box today that I quickly nabbed (it's since sold out), so that should be arriving some time next week :)

I'm still waiting on my July box!

I'm still waiting on my July box!

Oh no, I've heard stories about them not being the best at delivering to Ireland but I've never had a prob, got my July box on Friday so hopefully yours arrives soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

All of this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79974255&postcount=6503

:o

I'm starting to get really impatient even though I only made the order on Friday morning!:p

• Advertisement

Still waiting on the bb cream that I ordered on 3rd July :( The seller had good feedback. Always a bit of a risk ordering things from asia though. Think 4 weeks is long enough to wait to make a complaint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Waiting on a lovely baby pink v-neck dress from Asos. But it came today, but the postman "couldn't deliver it" (open the friggin slidey porch door!!!! GRR) so i have to go pick it up at the sorting office between 8 and 3. I have to leave at 7.45 to get to work and not back til 7pm so they might as well bloody send it back to Asos :mad:

Any Asos stuff that I have gotten needed to be signed for, so that may be why the postie couldn't leave it in the porch, The Cool.
    I collected the bb cream I had been waiting for from the sorting office earlier. The guy there said, its you, Lindtee, our best customer:o I seem to be infamous with all postal workers, An post van delivery guy recently told me I was keeping him in a job with all my deliveries:o I can't resist my online bargains!
    Now waiting for Monoi-Tiare-Tahiti Coconut perfume and Tropical Coconut body lotion and factor 45 sunscreen from www.iherb.com, took advantage of their free shipping over €40 offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Am waiting on a limited edition Glossy Box of Sundari products

Advertisement