Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Egged windows?

• 26-06-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Walking along College Road this weekend I noticed almost every house had windows egged or even smashed, any ideas why?

Looking for somewhere to live and can't be arsed with little gits starting fights with the students etc, is that the case? Are there any particularly ropey areas to avoid within 10mins walk of campus?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

engrob wrote: »
    Walking along College Road this weekend I noticed almost every house had windows egged or even smashed, any ideas why?

Looking for somewhere to live and can't be arsed with little gits starting fights with the students etc, is that the case? Are there any particularly ropey areas to avoid within 10mins walk of campus?

Cheers
    at night if you walk anywhere along college road, there's a 90% chance you'll have an egg or a cup of water thrown on you by some "big men" in their moms car. sometimes they'll just shout insults at you. every morning walking to college i would see multiple cracked eggs on the floor. while ive never gotten hit with an egg, one just missed me but i have gotten hit by water and stupid insults
    i know some guys who if they are walking at night will carry a stone or something and throw it at the window of any car that does this to them :)

its not as common but i've had my bins knocked over once and a bottle thrown at my window once as well(i lived on college road)

otherwise it's not that bad once you get used to it but some people just can't handle their drink. rag week isn't too bad either cause theirs so many guards around, however a lot of drunken idiots(who mostly don't live in the area) you don't know will assume they can just randomly walk into your house and drink, just because it's rag week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Don't live on College Road, I've gone to enough parties on that street to know it's just messy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Business opportunity right there for some cash strapped student.

Sell eggs to the local scallies and cleaning stuff to their targets.

Its a win win

Advertisement