Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laminate Flooring 6mm or 8mm??

Options
  • 26-06-2012 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi There

I'm doing a sitting room in Laminate in the next couple of weeks and am basically looking to do it cheaply so that it will last at least 3-5 years before it needs to be redone.

I've gotten some good quotes for 6mm flooring however today a sales guy in a show room strongly advised against using 6mm as he said it raises and I would and I would have nothing but problems with it - so much so that he no longer even sells 6mm as it causes so many problems.

Is this just sales talk to get me to buy the more expensive laminate or does anyone know if 6mm is really all that bad??

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

8mm will do you,6mm is very flimsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭carpenter23

i've put down 6mm in a few rooms ,and had no problems with it but it depends on the room its going in i.e how good the surface its going down on etc.

Advertisement