Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video transfer to DVD?

Options
  • 26-06-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Anyone know anyone in Dundalk that does this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

Gerry Duffy will transfer video to DVD. Here's a link to his website :)

http://www.gerryduffy.ie/video-transfers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Dundalk wrote: »
    Anyone know anyone in Dundalk that does this?

You can buy the link in Aldi and Lidl now and again and DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

hey mugs. have old tapes myself, wee heads up on what is needed for the transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Nesta99 wrote: »
    hey mugs. have old tapes myself, wee heads up on what is needed for the transfer?

Not a pro by any stretch of the imagination but

A VHS player
    A DVD recorder
    A Scart lead.

Alternatively, you can do it via your PC.

Did a quick search any found this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Louth Video DVD

Thank you to "Graceland" for posting the information about our Video Transfer services at GerryDuffy.ie I appreciate the promotion.

One extra little tip for those of you with OLD videotapes or cassettes.
    Look INTO the plastic windows on your old VHS videotapes or VHSC cassettes before you attempt to play them....

If there is any sign of a White Dust, or Mould, on top of the Black reel of Tape inside the case - then be Very careful. This mould can damage both the Tape itself AND your video player.

If the tape does damage the VCR Player, then you will need to at the very least pay to get the Video Heads cleaned, or possible have to replace the heads on your machine.

So please; CHECK for dust or mould, before attempting a Home Transfer.

Gerry

• Advertisement
Advertisement