Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you want to ruin someones day..try this.

• 26-06-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

OK. The story. I work freelance and have to visit a lot of workplaces in my week.

Yesterday I called into an organisation and knocked on a managers door and peeked my head round. There was nobody there so I closed the door again and stood outside. While I was trying to decide what to do eg wait or go an employee came along and knocked at the door too. I said to her " There is no one there." I thought she glanced at me but she kept walking in and closed the door after her. About 8 seconds later she came out again and puzzled I asked her "Is there someone in there?" She twirled round and glared at me
    " Do you remember me?"

I sort of blustered and stumbled because I could see this was no happy woman. While I was trying to answer her she snorted " Huh!" glared at me again and marched off before I could even work out what the hell was happening. I was left reeling. WTF??? As far as Im concerned I have never seen her in my life before.

Cue hours of mentally recalling any argument I have ever had. There has been one about 4 years ago when I started work in this particular field. They had introduced a new billing system and I got into an argument about paperwork. Thats it. I hate arguments. I cant cope with them and would climb out a window to avoid them which is why there arent many to remember.

Im not in a position of authority. I have nothing and I mean zilch got to do with workplace rules and policies.

4 hours later and on the verge of a vein bursting in my brain my friend said "Could it be an outside of work issue? Did you meet her on a night out?"

Now saying that to an Irish person is just plain mean because when the demon drink enters the picture then anything is possible. However she is not even in my age group. My social group is pretty much established now and even then if you have annoyed someone that much then you would imagine you would remember. I remember no fights. None.

Finally last night to put me out of my misery my partner said "Maybe she has the wrong person" Hmmm. She didnt have a look in her eye of someone who had the wrong person.

So I have had to call it a day. It will have to remain a mystery. Forget the 4 mysteries you were taught in the Rosary. There are now 5. I am writing to the pope to have mine officially listed as the 5th. I want beads added to include it.

Given my line of work I could meet her in 4 days or 4 years or never.

I will say one thing. If I am the guilty party here then she sure as hell got her revenge on me.

If she has her wires crossed then Im going to sue the b***h for loss of grey matter.

If its you..yes you who did that on me then would you mind telling me why cos trust me if I see you again you aint going anywhere. If it involves a locked cupboard and a hurley stick you will tell me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

herosa wrote: »
    So I have had to call it a day. It will have to remain a mystery. Forget the 4 mysteries you were taught in the Rosary. There are now 5. I am writing to the pope to have mine officially listed as the 5th. I want beads added to include it.

Do you want wafers with that too ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

It was me! You're such a bastard! I can't believe you don't remember :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Cliffs:

OP runs into someone at a workplace asking "Do you remember me?"
    OP is Morto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I would more than likely ruin my day if I spent 5 mins reading that... next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Just forget about her... again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Did you recognise the back of her head when she walked away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Here's how I see it.
    I said to her " There is no one there."

Statement issued by you to random woman before she enters a room
    About 8 seconds later she came out again and puzzled I asked her "Is there someone in there?"

After telling her there was no one there you now ask her "Is there someone there?"
    She twirled round and glared at me "Do you remember me?"

That is the equivilent of "Do you have Alzheimers?" as she is implying "Why are you asking me that when you just told me there was no one in there, I am the same person that went into the room 8 seconds ago".

Other than that it was some sort of Harry-Potter-invisibility-cloaked-Manager-type-thing and they were trying to avoid you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Merkin wrote: »
    It was me! You're such a bastard! I can't believe you don't remember :mad:

it would be so funny if you weren't lying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

smash wrote: »
    I would more than likely ruin my day if I spent 5 mins reading that... next!
    I wish I hadn't read it.

OP, you've really ruined my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

seems strange that she went into the managers office and closed the door when there was no1 in the room!
    also, maybe she was just didnt like the look of you and was trying to mess with you, ha ha! you should probably just forget about it, ha ha!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭Burt Lancaster

Not to worry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

You shouldn't have told her you'd call her, OP ...............:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Forget the 4 mysteries you were taught in the Rosary. There are now 5. I am writing to the pope to have mine officially listed as the 5th. I want beads added to include it.

Heathen heretic!!! You know feck all about the Rosary. :D:D

There are already:

5 Sorrowful Mysteries
    5 Joyful Mysteries
    5 Glorious Mysteries

ETA

The new ones I never knew about: The Five Mysteries of Light (to be known as the 5 Luminous Mysteries! I kid you not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

OP i think you should ring her office and see if you can get her name.

or if its a big office then they might have it online.

Then google her!

might ring a bell.

Now can i have the time reading your original post back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I have lost the will to live after reading that and I read it because I thought it was going to be interesting. ffs boring crap. get a life op and make it more interesting next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

It actually worked, my day is ruined after reading that

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭herosa

maybe it is the early warning sign of dementia. Maybe a few years from now I will be sitting in a nursing home wearing a food stained nightie saying " Thats it doc. Thats the first day I noticed something was wrong"
    Maybe I need to get to work on my bucket list a bit quicker than I thought.

I dont know who I am more annoyed with. Her for doing it or me for standing there doing my goldfish impersonation watching the back of her head disappearing. No I didnt recognise the back of her head.

Goddammit I want that moment of my life back again.

Heathen heretic!!! You know feck all about the Rosary. :D:D

There are 4. Joyful, luminous, sorrowful and glorious and when I get mine added the 5th will be called the seriously wtf mystery.

What kind of a RC are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Too long, didn't read?
    Me neither.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

OP you saw her going into the office and after 8 seconds she asks you do you remember her.

I would be pissed if someone forgot me in 8 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

What .... is ...... this?

ok folks. It is obvious that some of you have reading skills on a par with my memory recall skills so I will direct this op at those who can actually manage to scan a few paragraphs in under 3 mins eg the average 12 year old. As for the rest I would try contacting your local library. I think they do evening classes or something for you.I could swear I remember someone going round collecting for you.

ok folks. It is obvious that some of you have reading skills on a par with my memory recall skills so I will direct this op at those who can actually manage to scan a few paragraphs in under 3 mins eg the average 12 year old. As for the rest I would try contacting your local library. I think they do evening classes or something for you.I could swear I remember someone going round collecting for you.

what are you getting pissed at us for?

hondasam wrote: »
    what are you getting pissed at us for?

Im not. Twas a joke so twas.

Im not. Twas a joke so twas.

Ok carry on making us laugh in that weird not funny way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.

Anyone wrote: »
    It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.

Yeah. That pretty much it. It sure is good to know that Im not alone with these issues.

[QUOTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I hate arguments. I cant cope with them and would climb out a window to avoid them which is why there arent many to remember.

If she has her wires crossed then Im going to sue the b***h for loss of grey matter.

No offence, but I don't think you would survive being asked to confirm your name in Court, never mind being cross examined on this harrowing incident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

She sounds like a nutbag! I mean, who goes into an empty room and closes the door behind them, walks out and accosts some random fella standing outside and then walks away without explaining herself.

Nutbag.

Skid wrote: »
    No offence, but I don't think you would survive being asked to confirm your name in Court, never mind being cross examined on this harrowing incident.

Lol. You are probably right!

She sounds like a nutbag! I mean, who goes into an empty room and closes the door behind them, walks out and accosts some random fella standing outside and then walks away without explaining herself.

Nutbag.

Exactly. Shes a nutbag. You know what? Thats the post I needed. I now have my closure. I will send a follow up letter to the pope saying that the 4 mysteries can remain.

Feck her. Tell me or dont. OK im now officially off the cross. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Lol. You are probably right!

Ah, I was a bit harsh. Get a good lawyer and get her to settle out of court.

There are a lot of oddballs out there. You can't take it personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

instead of a locked cupboard and a hurley stick method, why not just go back and ask her?

davet82 wrote: »
    instead of a locked cupboard and a hurley stick method, why not just go back and ask her?

might not have a reason to enter that workplace again for some time...so short of going in and creating drama there is not much I can do. I dont even know what department she works in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Why... why didn't you ask her? :confused:

Reoil wrote: »
    Why... why didn't you ask her? :confused:

Me-too shocked.
    Her-too quick to exit.

might not have a reason to enter that workplace again for some time...so short of going in and creating drama there is not much I can do. I dont even know what department she works in.

not good enough, search the building if you must, i need answers now too!

did occur to you she may have ment she was in the room and she was just being a smart ass?

anyways you owe to boards to find out and to avoid them sleepless nights :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Why would you even give a shit who she is? :confused:

Anyway thanks for replies. Im going to forget about it..or at the very least it will keep.

Its like the song " We will meet again..dont know where dont know when"
    and it better be feckin good missus.

• Advertisement

Anyway thanks for replies. Im going to forget about it..or at the very least it will keep.

Its like the song " We will meet again..dont know where dont know when"
    and it better be feckin good missus.

Thats fcukin bollix, give me the name of the building and i'll find out for ye, bleedin wuss :cool:

kfallon wrote: »
    Why would you even give a shit who she is? :confused:

I have a worrying need to be liked or at least not hated or at the very least know why I am hated. Failing that I can blame it on catholic guilt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Me-too shocked.
    Her-too quick to exit.

Then why not go back and ask her?

davet82 wrote: »
    Thats fcukin bollix, give me the name of the building and i'll find out for ye, bleedin wuss :cool:

Your right. I AM a bleedin wuss.:):)

Reoil wrote: »
    Then why not go back and ask her?

I did but only after I had arrived home and only in my head unfortunately. See above comments about wusses. Anyway at least you have made me laugh about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

She IS the manager. It was her office. No wonder she was mad at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

She IS the manager. It was her office. No wonder she was mad at you.

She knocked on the door.

Anyway OP, obsessive behaviour like that is unhealthy. Are you like this all the time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

I wasted a few minutes reading this too.. ermm. yah!

Don't think too much OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭rKossi

There is no way that I am going to read that.
    If I wanna read a story I will read a book

Jaxxy wrote: »
    She knocked on the door.

Anyway OP, obsessive behaviour like that is unhealthy. Are you like this all the time?

Um no or no ish or maybe slightly. OK im now leaving boards to go and google obsessive stuff.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement