Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Managing lower league sides

Options
  • 26-06-2012 3:12pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So ya started a game there unemployed,going for the bring a team from the lower league to premiership thing,fun and frustrating at the same time(no1 wants to sign for you lol)
    Anyway I stumbled across this vid the other day.
    The guy in it is managing forest green(blue square premier I believe) but in it he managed to loan in jordi gomez(beast),chris wood and signed danny webber on a free.What!? are you telling me the premier division players(the 1st 2) are gonna drop down 3 divisions?
    Not a fear of them even looking at me(I eventually took over hereford)
    Now I guess my question is, does this happen for other ppl here who are managing lower league sides?
    I'm playing off the 12.2.0 patch btw

transfers 6 minute mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

his experience must be set pretty high; international footballer or pro to be able to attract them. In fairness if you were a pro or intl footballer you wouldnt be taking one of those jobs!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Mc Love wrote: »
    his experience must be set pretty high; international footballer or pro to be able to attract them. In fairness if you were a pro or intl footballer you wouldnt be taking one of those jobs!

I never knew setting your experience to that helped attract players,I always just left it on automatic,maybe I'll change it to that next time.Still don't know how he managed to sign them though.
    On another note,any1 wanna recommend a team from league 2 or lower to bring to glory?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I never knew setting your experience to that helped attract players,I always just left it on automatic,maybe I'll change it to that next time.Still don't know how he managed to sign them though.
    On another note,any1 wanna recommend a team from league 2 or lower to bring to glory?

Go for Bradford City. Have an alright side and you should easily get em up in the first season. The big thing is they have the infrastructure (25k all seater stadium) for when you move up the leagues.

Go for Bradford City. Have an alright side and you should easily get em up in the first season. The big thing is they have the infrastructure (25k all seater stadium) for when you move up the leagues.

Good shout but I'm thinking a team a bit smaller than that(expected to come in the lower half of league 2 or even blue square premier team) ,I remember bradford when there where in the premiership,wasn't that long ago...or maybe I'm showing my age :pac:......then again the infrastucture is tempting

*actually scratch that,there only expected to come 12th,I'll have that

Good shout but I'm thinking a team a bit smaller than that(expected to come in the lower half of league 2 or even blue square premier team) ,I remember bradford when there where in the premiership,wasn't that long ago...or maybe I'm showing my age :pac:......then again the infrastucture is tempting

*actually scratch that,there only expected to come 12th,I'll have that

Every game I play as them first (my home town club).

Its pretty easy to get em into the prem in the first 4 seasons. I can usually do it in 3 with just free transfers.

Enjoy it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

If you set your nationality as say German, you will be able to attract German players and sign them with a higher success rate

• Registered Users Posts: 33,245 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If you save the game before every match, and quit and reload after every match you don't win, I'd say you could win the Champions League in maybe 5 or 6 seasons.

CSF wrote: »
    If you save the game before every match, and quit and reload after every match you don't win, I'd say you could win the Champions League in maybe 5 or 6 seasons.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

CSF wrote: »

Or 5 or 6 years in real time!

I almost didn't get this game this year but after watching the euros put me in the mood for it again now I'm addicted all over again.Went with gateshead in the blue square premier in the end.
    Up to league 1 after 3 seasons but I've a feeling my look is about to run out.
    I'm doing an ol video diary of it for any1 interested.

• Advertisement

Not as to clog up the other thread with pics,i'll throw them here.
    So after being hit with numerous injuries and then be hit with internationals my remaining players caught food poisoning,I was scraping the bottom of the barrel with players after this even though only 1 or2 were efffected
    wenger.jpg

Although I remeber in a game of FM11 or FM10 before 5 or 6 of players got effected on a matchday,they had just introduced it to the game so I didn't know what was going on at the time

Sums up my team in my recent league 1 playoff final

23779418.jpg

Just starting into my 5th season with gateshead,still have no money so still on the hunt for bargains.
    I just signed 3 players who have been "Labelled the next Philippe Mexes" "Labelled the next Claudio Marchisio" and "Dubbed the new Sasha Rosler".
    I've seen in previous games too players that are described as "could be the next" and "touted as" and I've always wondered is there a difference between them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

danniemcq wrote: »
    If you set your nationality as say German, you will be able to attract German players and sign them with a higher success rate

I'm currently a German/Spaniard :pac:

Just starting into my 5th season with gateshead,still have no money so still on the hunt for bargains.
    I just signed 3 players who have been "Labelled the next Philippe Mexes" "Labelled the next Claudio Marchisio" and "Dubbed the new Sasha Rosler".
    I've seen in previous games too players that are described as "could be the next" and "touted as" and I've always wondered is there a difference between them all?

Is it possible to search for these types of players in some way?

Is it possible to search for these types of players in some way?

Not that I know of,the only reason I find them is I root through the u21/u19 teams of internationals as I have no money.
    This season I signed the next kaboul,albertini and repka.

Not that I know of,the only reason I find them is I root through the u21/u19 teams of internationals as I have no money.
    This season I signed the next kaboul,albertini and repka.

what division are you in now (still gateshead yeah?)

do you have large database on and a load of countries selected? I rarely find those players

what division are you in now (still gateshead yeah?)

do you have large database on and a load of countries selected? I rarely find those players

Premiership with gateshead yeah(7th season),I do have a large database selected(I felt I'd need that in the league I was starting off in) but actually the only country I selected was england.
    That is more of a habit though from years of having a poor pc capable of only playing with a small databas and 1 country(although now since I've upgraded I can have as many as I want)
    And I finding the more seasons I go into the game the more of these players I'm finding like even this season I found at least 10 or 12 more that I didn't sign,the likes of the next saha,grafite,marcos santos etc.
    One thing though none so far have had spectacular stats but I haven't gone far enough yet to see how they develop so I'll have to wait and see.
    Funny enough though in a previous FM(10 or 11) I signed conor mcormack from utd how was latter dubbed the next eamon dunphy,that made me laugh

*edit
    Just around the time I go searching for these players is either when players start getting called up for the u19/20/21 tournaments(and I root through the squads then or I check out the average ratings of players after a few games of the tournament) in the summer or around the july/august period

Premiership with gateshead yeah,I do have a large database selected(I felt I'd need that in the league I was starting off in) but actually the only country I selected was england.
    That is more of a habit though from years of having a poor pc capable of only playing with a small databas and 1 country(although now since I've upgraded I can have as many as I want)
    And I finding the more seasons I go into the game the more of these players I'm finding like even this season I found at least 10 or 12 more that I didn't sign,the likes of the next saha,grafite,marcos santos etc.
    One thing though none so far have had spectacular stats but I haven't gone far enough yet to see how they develop so I'll have to wait and see.
    Funny enough though in a previous FM(10 or 11) I signed conor mcormack from utd how was latter dubbed the next eamon dunphy,that made me laugh

*edit
    Just around the time I go searching for these players is either when players start getting called up for the u19/20/21 tournaments(and I root through the squads then or I check out the average ratings of players after a few games of the tournament) in the summer or around the july/august period

Yet you still signed him :eek:

Cheers for advice. May give a really LLM team a go (maybe FC United or Bradford Park Avenue)

Yet you still signed him :eek:

Cheers for advice. May give a really LLM team a go (maybe FC United or Bradford Park Avenue)

Ah he got the title after a few months at my club......he turned out average at best.
    Good luck with the challenege if you decide to go with a lower league club,its fun if things go well but its also gone the other way for me too and thats really frustrating

• Advertisement
Advertisement