Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best engine Oil for 1.9TDI A4 B6

• 26-06-2012 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi just wondering what is the best Engine oil for a Audi A4 B6 1.9 TDI 2003.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

either quantum platinumn/or longlife oil. Its the oil vw/audi use. its castrol rebranded. it must meet the vw 505.01 spec for the pd diesels which im sure your car has. the first one is fine if your not on long life servicing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-VW-Quantum-PLATINUM-PD-Oil-5-Litres-5w-40-/251083293430?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a75bb02f6

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5411.m570.l1311&_nkw=quantum+oil&_sacat=See-All-Categories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I saw the quantum longlife advertised in an audi dealers yesterday for €40.

mickdw wrote: »
    I saw the quantum longlife advertised in an audi dealers yesterday for €40.
    That's good value for longlife!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Diar

just read in the manual it needs to meet VW 506 00

or VW 505 00 if you don't want the lifelong service.

so is it worth the extra money for the VW 506 00?

Diar wrote: »
    Never heard of 506.00. The longlife meets 507.00 so that will cover you

• Advertisement

sean1141 wrote: »

Yep, I thought so too.

Yep, I thought so too.
    it was 32 Sterling the last time I priced it. The normal platinum was 20

it was 32 Sterling the last time I priced it. The normal platinum was 20

It was defo the longlife anyway. He had it displayed on the parts counter and a little star sticker on it.
    In fairness, the dealers have copped on alot here in the last couple of years re prices. The oil is a funny one in that they are generally cheaper than anything you can get at the motor factors with the right spec.

or VW 505 00 if you don't want the lifelong service.

so is it worth the extra money for the VW 506 00?
    is there a pd engine in yours? if so 505.00 wont do. pd's need the minium of 505.01 afaik
    It was defo the longlife anyway. He had it displayed on the parts counter and a little star sticker on it.
    In fairness, the dealers have copped on alot here in the last couple of years re prices. The oil is a funny one in that they are generally cheaper than anything you can get at the motor factors with the right spec.
    Ya they have dropped their prices well. I find genuine parts for vw not much more expencive than motor factor prices now. plus with genuine stuff you get two years warentee.

when I first got the leon about 3.5 years ago I went into the local vw dealer to get oil and a filter. 50euro plus vat. priced a seat garage up north. got air oil pollen and dielel filters plus 5l of oil delivered for about 65 euro!

needless to say that local vw garage is closed now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Diar

Ya its a PD engine

• Advertisement

Ya its a PD engine
    Are you sure the book tells you to use 505.00 then? Are you sure the book matches your car.

Advertisement