Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did the kicking start?

Options
  • 26-06-2012 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hey Everyone

Just wondering when everyone started to feel their baby kicking and at what stage of pregnancy?

Was it regular kicking and what did it feel like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I did a poll on this some months ago

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056559486

I started to feel stirrings around week 19, it just felt like little twitches in my lower belly. Took me a good few days to realise what it was

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I had 2 instances of what I thought were kicks at about 15/16 weeks but only sitting in a certain position. It wasn't till 20/21 weeks I could really feel anything, then I realised I had felt kicks at 15/16 weeks. My placenta is all at the front so all my kicks and movement was quite muffled compared to other people, I tended only to get proper stuff up high or down low for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I felt 'flutters' in the week leading up to week 15, but they say that can be gas. Then in week 15 I was sitting quietly on the bog one day when I felt a little tiny tap. Too cute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

I remember feeling something at 16 weeks and was informed by my sister that it was the baby moving!! I had thought it was too early, I can only describe it as like the fluttery feeling when you drive over a bump too fast! I think I started to feel regular more definite movement from about 20 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I was getting definate movements at 16 weeks. I have a crazy active baby since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

I had 'flutters' at about 16 weeks but didn't feel definite movement until 20 weeks thereabout, my baby was in a transverse position so felt all movements in my sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

16-18 weeks, though it wasn't consistant until around 23 weeks

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I had an interior placenta so I didn't feel anything til around week 20 or so..

People kept asking me if I could feel the little 'bubbles' at week 12 which I couldn't and it freaked me out..

People should really not say things like that to pregnant women.. Everything happens in it's own time..

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

At 16 weeks I could feel what felt like small waves in my stomach, became kick like around week 19

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Sleepy Trees, the main thing is not to be worrying about when you'll feel baby, it's different for everyone and also babies are different. :D I felt a flutter at 16 weeks, I shouted in excitement about something I saw in a book and baby seemed to jump in my belly, like the feeling you get if you go too fast in a car over a humpback bridge! Then very little which I have to say tortured me!
    Its funny looking back times that I felt I had eaten too fast or had wind, it probably was baby moving about, when baby's movements become stronger you can distinguish between the different bodliy functions!
    Can't remember when I felt proper kicks but I do remember at 24 weeks daddy felt kicks. Almost 30 weeks now and I feel more swooshes and rolls than kicks, baby seems to have less room these days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I felt a feeling like bubbles at the start of 15 weeks and tiny pokes later that week which I thought was the baby but wasn't sure. Especially as I could get a lot of feelings for a day or two and then go several days without feeling a thing. Shortly before 17 weeks I pressed my hand into my tummy where I was feeling pokes and could feel something boney inside so I knew it was the baby. By 18 weeks I was feeling definite kicks and moves several times a day, I mostly love it, except when he kicks my bladder. My husband hasn't felt him yet though.

The funniest thing is that he either really, really loves or really, really hates the bus. On Monday we got the bus in for the scan and I was sitting at the front up top and the baby was going nuts. It was like he was doing mad cats-tumbles in there, it was making my stomach churn like I was on a rollercoaster. It was great but I'm glad I hadn't had a big breakfast as I might have lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

OMG Iguana, my little bump loved or hated the car for a few weeks! Its given that up now! I'd almost forgotton!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

It was lovely reading everyone's experience. Thanks for contributing :)

I've been feeling the flutters since about week 17 or 18. I am now week 19 + 3 days and they feel stronger than before but I don't get them that often. Mostly in the morning. Never really at night-time. If I eat anything sugary or spicy the flutters get crazy!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I was about 18 weeks I think before I felt definite movement, though was feeling those "was that baby?" sensations a week before. It was 20 weeks before they were strong enough for my partner to feel them.

I had a low lying placenta, where exactly it was I dont know, but I didnt feel movement as much on the left lower side as I did on the right and upper belly so maybe I would have felt it earlier if not for that.

Iguana, my baby would be rocked to sleep by my driving, but go nuts at his dads with me in the passenger seat. Didnt bother too much on the bus.
    By the way, you're still on for that labour thread in AH, yeah?

Advertisement