Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Feb 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

TillyTally 1st of Feb - CUMH
    NBO 3rd Feb - ??
    Kitten_K 9th Feb - Holles Street
    Bp 11th of Feb - Holles Street
    Sun_Moon_Stars 6th Feb - ??
    Cunning Stunt 6th Feb - ??
    BabyFeb13 14th Feb - ??
    Missymad 15th Feb - ??
    Annamarie2013 15th Feb - Galway
    Househunter 23rd of Feb - Holles Street
    Expecting the Unexpected 24th of Feb - The Coombe
    Thumby 24th of Feb - The Coombe (possible induction/section in Jan though)
    Foxy06 27th Feb - Home/Holles Street

• Registered Users Posts: 3 superstoked

another one to add for end of Feb :)
    27th Feb-CUMH

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭goldlocks10

Feb 8th add to the list

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Expecting The Unexpected

Kitten K. Thank god it was only a sprain. They can be very sore but at least you will be up and about quicker.

I went in to work today to speak about flexible working. They have agreed to let me work from home. Delighted. I only have 3 1/2 more weeks but I am not sleeping so am struggling a lot.

My main prob at the moment is my pelvis. I am pinching two nerves in the back of my hips and the agony at night time is unreal. I'm fine in the day just slow and stuff but at night time I can hardly bear not to let out a scream. Nothing works like pillows or pain killers or heat. I have to move from side to side all night long

I wonder how thumby is getting on?!

yellow hen wrote: »

I'm the 8th March so I figure I'll be chatting to you girls more coming towards the end of Feb. I feel MASSIVE at the moment...it's really hard to be objective though so I actually dont know if I am big or small in reality. I'm going to start getting my hospital bag ready at the weekend. Bought some pj's in mamas and papas at the weekend...€67 (:eek:) reduced to €25 so was delighted. Finding it hard to find pjs that arent really heavy...I know from family and friends who recently had kids that we'll melt in those heavy pjs.

Is anyone here going to the coombe?

I am in the Coombe. We could be in the same time!!

• Advertisement

Expecting - yea thank god. Can already feel the difference since a bandage was put on.

Yea dying to hear from Thumby, just think she could be having the baby right now!

Girls I will add you to the list on Thursday when I am back in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I am in the Coombe. We could be in the same time!!

Yeah I just seen that. I will be plaguing you with questions on how things went in the coombe. Unless you go very late and I go very early, we hardly overlap. My gp told me I was 'textbook' last week and that I prob wouldnt have the baby until mid March :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

hey ladies, hope all are doing well, not long left now its getting very exciting. just finished the babys room today delighted its all done. also finished packing the last of my bags for hosp to so all set just have to wait on babs now :) if my little man asks once more 'whens the baby going to be here' think ill scream, but its prob a good thing he's looking forward to it..

yellow hen wrote: »

Yeah I just seen that. I will be plaguing you with questions on how things went in the coombe. Unless you go very late and I go very early, we hardly overlap. My gp told me I was 'textbook' last week and that I prob wouldnt have the baby until mid March :eek:

No problem!! I was in last week for the night so have a good idea. I was VERY worried about the over night stay and bathrooms etc but now I'm feeling better about it. I realized watching the other ladies I'll be far too engrossed in myself and then baby to notice. Also the midwives are all great. I found that the doctors had a terrible bed side manner and rarely got a smile out of them.

The hospital is the warmest place I have ever been. I bought string top pjs for night and a long sleeve light t shirt with buttons for day.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭annamarie2013

Ok.... So how big should this hospital bag be? Small bag for labour ward is ok but how big is acceptable for main bag??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 superstoked

Hi Anna Marie Im in Cork and was told there was little room for storage and a carry on wheely bag would be whats used.. some people pack a seperate delivery bag too so they wont be rooting through main big bag

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Bummppd

Hi Ladies and Bumps! I'm due the 12th Feb and it's my first, Sooo scared as I'm nearly at the finish line now or should I say starting line? Just wanted to say hi, and seek comfort in everyone else's immense apprehension!!! Hope all Mammy's and Baba bumps are happy and healthy!!!

Updated list:

NBO 3rd Feb - ??
    Goldlocks10 8th Feb - ??
    Bummppd 12th Feb - ??
    BabyFeb13 14th Feb - ??
    Missymad 15th Feb - ??
    Superstoked 27th Feb - CUMH

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NBO

Like expecting the unexpected I was very nervous about the hospital stay but I spent 3 days in hospital at 26 weeks (suspected PE...). It's made me way less anxious about the stay to be honest. It was like being stuck in a bad hotel with nothing to do! I did hate when my OH left at night, a few tears were shed the first night when he left. Unlike other posters I wasn't overly impressed by nurses, they told me that PE was biggest killer of pregnant women and then left me from 11pm to 7am without coming into my room! Hopefully it'll be different when you actually have a baby. Last day of work tomorrow....not sure how I feel about it. !

Any word on Thumby??

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Updated again; no.2's very nearly here now!

NBO 3rd Feb - ??
    LilMrsDahamsta 4th Feb - CUMH
    Goldlocks10 8th Feb - ??
    Bummppd 12th Feb - ??
    BabyFeb13 14th Feb - ??
    Missymad 15th Feb - ??

Welcome to the list Lilmrs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I keep checking to see if Thumby has had the babba :-)

I go to bed each night thinking tonight may be the night....I am getting nervous/ excited/ anxious etc etc etc!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Congrats Thumby.

NBO 3rd Feb - ??
    LilMrsDahamsta 4th Feb - CUMH
    Goldlocks10 8th Feb - ??
    Bummppd 12th Feb - ??
    BabyFeb13 14th Feb - ??
    Missymad 15th Feb - ??
    Thumby 24th of Feb - The Coombe (possible induction/section in Jan though) - Baby boy born 19 Jan

Ah congrats Thumby on your little boy :-)

• Advertisement

Well Thumby congratulations on your little boy!!! I am sorry it was all such a horrible event for you. It must have been so frightening for you to go through an emergency section.

So let the feb group madness begin!! We are coming to the end of Jan so really we should be getting some movement soon. I'm am very interested to hear how everyone is progressing and how people are feeling.

For myself I have almost stopped feeling like I am preg. I think I have not had a growth spurt in a while and so am slightly more comfortable. The baby has started to get quite (still getting 10 movements but not really kicks) and my SPD has calmed down for the last day and a half. I know this will be short lived but I am enjoying it for now as last week I got one nights sleep!!! I still have 33 days or so to go. Just looking at the list we ha done or two people on the final count down! Hope you are all feeling well and comfortable and getting all the sleep you can!!

Yea I don't think it will be long now Expecting that we have a few more Feb babies being born!

Well Thumby congratulations on your little boy!!! I am sorry it was all such a horrible event for you. It must have been so frightening for you to go through an emergency section.

So let the feb group madness begin!! We are coming to the end of Jan so really we should be getting some movement soon. I'm am very interested to hear how everyone is progressing and how people are feeling.

For myself I have almost stopped feeling like I am preg. I think I have not had a growth spurt in a while and so am slightly more comfortable. The baby has started to get quite (still getting 10 movements but not really kicks) and my SPD has calmed down for the last day and a half. I know this will be short lived but I am enjoying it for now as last week I got one nights sleep!!! I still have 33 days or so to go. Just looking at the list we ha done or two people on the final count down! Hope you are all feeling well and comfortable and getting all the sleep you can!!

Hi, I didn't realize time could go so slow!! 22days left myself and I'm counting down every minute. I'm quite the opposite and feeling more uncomfortable and tired than ever, Even though sleep is hard to come by, Either I'm up to the loo every hour or heartburn sets in and I'm up drinking yet another gallon of milk. So excited now though, Can't wait to welcome my little man into the world. Also really scared but my excitement is outweighing that at the minute! Glad to hear your feeling good at the moment.. Long may it last xx :)

Bummppd wrote: »

Hi, I didn't realize time could go so slow!! 22days left myself and I'm counting down every minute. I'm quite the opposite and feeling more uncomfortable and tired than ever, Even though sleep is hard to come by, Either I'm up to the loo every hour or heartburn sets in and I'm up drinking yet another gallon of milk. So excited now though, Can't wait to welcome my little man into the world. Also really scared but my excitement is outweighing that at the minute! Glad to hear your feeling good at the moment.. Long may it last xx :)

I have no doubt ill be giving out and moaning soon. I had heartburn last week fir two days and i dont know how people deal with it for a whole preg!! even my back ached!!

are you scared about the birth or the part after it??? I am worried I am going to get an awful shock. I still havent added 2+2 together and come up with the fact that I am going to have a baby. My house is so lovely and still and peaceful and myself and my husband spend our evenings reading and watching TV in peace and I just cant imagine that changing. Its odd to think I will be home on my own with this little person and I try to imagine them sitting/crying/feeding when I am doing different things but I am still not there yet. Tell me some one else feels this way cause I really feel like a horrible person. Like I have no maternal instinct or something. I get very excited and often talk to the baby and find myself nearly hugging my tummy with excitement sometimes but I am finding it hard to think beyond the pregnancy and all that has meant for the last while.

Don't get me wrong. This morning for example I got excited that we will get to go to the park with our baby in the snow etc etc I think I just can't imagine the practical side of things. I can hardly feed myself!!!!

I am with you all of the way Expecting.....we even said it last night while watching a movie that soon there will be a little person asleep between us or crying so we will have to pause the movie AGAIN!!!

Yeah when I see little babies I get so excited and then nervous and all of the other emotions.....this little person will be so dependent on me it is scary!!! How do I cope at home, alone with a little person.....

so excited though :-)

I am sure you will all cope brilliantly girls!!

I am so with you expecting. I'm only 34 weeks but put the Moses basket up last night to try and get used to it. I am so so excited about this baby but am worried about how'll cope. Fear and anxiety isn't always a bad thing though, I'm sure we'll be great at ths mothering lark!! :)

Ok well that's good! Not alone!! I know we will all cope. I think I am having a moment. I just completely questioned our names!! But have settled back to what we originally agreed after two hours of searching the net!! Going doo lally!!

Ok well that's good! Not alone!! I know we will all cope. I think I am having a moment. I just completely questioned our names!! But have settled back to what we originally agreed after two hours of searching the net!! Going doo lally!!

We only have one boys and one girls names. I'm afraid to think about them too much as ill completely question them and end up with no names!

• Advertisement

I have no doubt ill be giving out and moaning soon. I had heartburn last week fir two days and i dont know how people deal with it for a whole preg!! even my back ached!!

are you scared about the birth or the part after it??? I am worried I am going to get an awful shock. I still havent added 2+2 together and come up with the fact that I am going to have a baby. My house is so lovely and still and peaceful and myself and my husband spend our evenings reading and watching TV in peace and I just cant imagine that changing. Its odd to think I will be home on my own with this little person and I try to imagine them sitting/crying/feeding when I am doing different things but I am still not there yet. Tell me some one else feels this way cause I really feel like a horrible person. Like I have no maternal instinct or something. I get very excited and often talk to the baby and find myself nearly hugging my tummy with excitement sometimes but I am finding it hard to think beyond the pregnancy and all that has meant for the last while.

Don't get me wrong. This morning for example I got excited that we will get to go to the park with our baby in the snow etc etc I think I just can't imagine the practical side of things. I can hardly feed myself!!!!

Sorry only getting back now, Been in bed for nearly two whole days with back and headache, Rang GP, Just told me to relax and take it easy. I feel the exact same, The thought of being responsible for a tiny little human being is terrifying, And my partner will be returning to work quite soon afterwards and being on my own is scaring the bejesus out of me. I also keep jumping from one to the other, One day I can't contain the excitement of meeting,holding,looking after my little man and the next I'm crying uncontrollably because I think I'm not strong/good enough and I'm going to mess it all up. Oh the joys of it all!! I think once our little wonders are here, Everything is going to fall into place and our lives now will just be a distant memory! xx

Advertisement