Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Feb 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

. For some reason everyone has been telling me horrible stories recently and now I don't care what I have to go through all I want is the safe arrival of my baby!!

I'll leave posting my birth story for a bit then expecting. Its not the nicest of ones but thankfully had a beyond brilliant ending. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Expecting The Unexpected

Thumby wrote: »

I'll leave posting my birth story for a bit then expecting. Its not the nicest of ones but thankfully had a beyond brilliant ending. :)

Oh not at all! I'm looking forward to yor story. It's the bad news of still birth and disfigurement and brain damage which was not seen on scans. 3 different stories and its all a bit much.

Write your story!!! I want to know!! After all we had the same due date!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Oh not at all! I'm looking forward to yor story. It's the bad news of still birth and disfigurement and brain damage which was not seen on scans. 3 different stories and its all a bit much.

Write your story!!! I want to know!! After all we had the same due date!!

Ah Jesus, who is telling you those kind of stories? That's an awful thing to be doing to a pregnant woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Thanks expecting. Myself, her and her mam went for lunch, her dad paid.

The baby's father isn't around and we have been mates for 20+ years and live together so I know I would get just as much support if the situation was reversed.

Her brother is up visiting tonight and we are making him watch One Born Every Minute so he can see what she will have to go through!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

Hi everyone,

Great to hear that everything is going so well for you Thumby!
    @Expecting - I'm the same with people telling me terrible stories about things being missed on scans. I think people just love bad news and have no idea of the upset and stress to us. I'm just ignoring those stories now as best I can!
    I can't believe my due date is tomorrow - totally surreal. Not that I actually think anything will happen, I'd say I'll still be in one piece this time next week. My OH is hoping at this stage that I wait til at least Sunday evening so he doesn't miss the rugby and soccer matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Oh you gotta love husbands Tilly Tally :-)

I was sick again last night, but was vomiting blood this time, so into hospital I went at midnight, which is never fun! Sent the hubby home at 3am as he is in work today and got home myself at 8am. All fine with baby, they just think I burst a blood vessel while vomiting. I wouldn't have bothered going in but even I know that blood is never a good sign!

In bed exhausted now...building up the auld strength for when bubba decides to arrive....I cannot believe it is our due month! If you go back back to Expectings first post it was eight months ago....where have those eight months gone!

I am writing in the baby book at the moment, getting all excited!

I hope everyone is well....you ladies are great for support.

Happy February girls! You should all have your little angels by the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭annamarie2013

Yikes!!!

I know Annemarie it is crazy to think this is the month.

My friend had a hospital check up this morning. She was switched to the Friday clinic so that they could keep an eye on her blood sugar levels. She didn't like the doctor at all. He didn't even do the mini-scan to check the heartbeat which she always got done when she was in the Thursday clinic.

They are ringing her this afternoon with the blood results so hopefully they are fine and she is hoping they will switch her back to the Thursday clinic.

The Friday clinic is a lot quicker but she would rather have to wait longer and get a nice doctor instead of the one she had today.

That's a bit much not doing the scan?! Particularly this late in the preg. Hope the blood sugar came back ok?

It's Feb! I got the final item today. A baby bath. I haven't bought anything baby related for ages so got giddy all over again. It's all so dotey!!

I spent the entire day bawling yesterday. I was irrational but I didn't get the rating I wanted in work AND I let all the horror stories get to me. I stupidly watched one born every minute and the two babies were so sick. I was so upset and spent the evening crying my eyes out.

How r the ladies who are due this week feeling???

• Advertisement

Her blood sugar was 6.8, they like it to be under 8.3 so they were happy. They are letting her switch back to the Thursday clinic so she is happy.

We went into town today and stocked up on groceries. Also got some raspberry leaf tea so she will try that later on.

One week until her due date but hopefully she will go before that.

Yea always nice to buy baby stuff. Don't worry about getting emotional, better to let it all out!

Well my due date came and went yesterday without any sign of anything happening! I had a check up with my gp and she said that she doesn't see me going myself and I'll probably be induced next weekend. I have my next hospital appointment on Tuesday so I think they might do a sweep (yuck!) and give me a date for being induced. At least either way,there are only days left! Still don't have everything - somehow managed not to get any sheets or blankets for moses basket or cotbed!! But we finally got the furniture put together on Thursday night and unpacked the buggy this afternoon. I keep being told that I'm very calm but I think I'm still in denial so that's why I'm not gone crazy!!

How do you feel about being induced Tilly?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Bummppd

Hi all, Can't believe its Feb already, Thought I was gona go yesterday and everything was in motion, Rang my Maternity Hosp and they tell me it's false labor!! Been having pains since although not regular and haven't had a show, But feeling a lot of pressure and bad backache, Wish if the little man is coming he would just come!! So impatient now, Keep going in and rearranging blankets on the moses basket and staring longingly at it! Hope it's soon!!! So how are all the Feb ladies feeling? Hope all Mammies and Bumps are well xxx

kitten_k wrote: »
    How do you feel about being induced Tilly?

Well being honest,there isn't much I can do about it. If baby isn't going to start itself then it'll just have to be persuaded to appear! It's not like it can stay in there indefinitely and it's only putting on extra weight with every extra day.

Hopefully they won't take too long to bring you in Tilly.

How are the rest of you getting on?

Still no sign of my friends baby. She had some raspberry leaf tea today and we have cleaned the house from top to bottom so hopefully she goes soon.

Hi all,

I got excited last night because I kept getting the same pain every hour for about five hours straight - now it didn't last very long, but I thought things might be moving especially as it happened five times in a row 60 minutes apart and then naught :-(

oh well - nesting continues, the downstairs of my house has never looked so clean. I keep having bursts of energy but am too tired to do much if that makes sense, like I have loads I want to do, but once I start doing a job I am exhausted!

Since I the head has been engaged for the past at least week and a half hopefully things will get going soon....I feel like an elephant on hind legs!!!

I hope everyone else is doing well :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭annamarie2013

Has everyone found out that head is engaged at this stage?? Still nothing doing here....

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭goldlocks10

Baby girl yesterday. All well so the Feb have started

Congratulations Goldlocks10!

• Advertisement

TillyTally 1st of Feb - CUMH
    NBO 3rd Feb - ??
    LilMrsDahamsta 4th Feb - CUMH
    Sun_Moon_Stars 6th Feb - ??
    Cunning Stunt 6th Feb - ??
    Goldlocks10 8th Feb - Baby girl born 4 Feb
    Kitten_K 9th Feb - Holles Street
    Bp 11th of Feb - Holles Street
    Bummppd 12th Feb - ??
    BabyFeb13 14th Feb - ??
    Missymad 15th Feb - ??
    Annamarie2013 15th Feb - Galway
    Househunter 23rd of Feb - Holles Street
    Expecting the Unexpected 24th of Feb - The Coombe
    Thumby 24th of Feb - The Coombe (possible induction/section in Jan though) - Baby boy born 19 Jan
    Foxy06 27th Feb - Home/Holles Street
    Superstoked 27th Feb - CUMH

Baby girl yesterday. All well so the Feb have started
    congratulations,hope all went well for both of you! Wish my little bundle would decide to make an appearance...

Congrats Goldielocks! So exciting. Hope everyone is doin well.

I was at consultant and basically bawled my eyes out cause I am so exhausted. I haven't slept properly for weeks and just let it all out. SPD has taken over my life.

Anyway she said she would give me a sweep next Monday. I would be 38 weeks then. At least if that doesn't work she can do it at 39 weeks aswell and hopefully that might work.

I'm supposed to be working from home but I went back to bed at 9 this mornin and woke at 12. I obviously needed it. Now I have a tonne to do and no time to do it. Eek!!

Hopefully the sweep works first time!

congrats Goldilocks :-)

Head fully engaged for two weeks now....hurry up in there!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Congrats goldilocks. It's so exciting for you feb girls now!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NBO

Loving maternity leave so far, think this is the easy part though! Head not engaged yet so if no change in the next few days I'll be booked for a section next week as consultant doesn't think induction will work for me. I'm happy enough as I didn't want to be induced. If baby decides to make an appearance before then I'll get a short trial of labour but if things don't progress quickly the sun roof will be opened! The consultant is concerned as I'm quite petite and he thinks my pelvis is small so SVD may not be possible for me. I've decided to just go with it as at the end of the day its out of my control and I just want a delivery that's safe for me and baby.

great to see everyone starting to move now-there will be a flood of new arrivals soon! I was at hospital yesterday and am now booked in to be induced on Sunday. The head isn't engaged and they don't think I'll go myself within the 10 day limit. I had a sweep done (not anywhere near as awful as people were saying, in fact it was fine - as unpleasant as a smear test!) but the doctor didn't think it would move anything and so far it hasn't. I'm actually happy enough to have a deadline and just relax until Sunday.

It's great that you have a date Tilly, at least you have an idea of when you will have your bundle of joy.

My friend is back to the hospital tomorrow so hopefully we will know more then

• Advertisement

So we went for the check up this morning. Head is engaged.

They asked her to take part in a study (Genesis Study) which they are doing to see if there is any link between the babies head size and first time mothers having c-sections. It just involved for her going for a scan so we got to see the baby again in great detail (we think we may have seen something to suggest she is having a boy).

So no movements or twinges, hopefully it will happen soon.

Advertisement