Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Feb 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Hopefully there will be movement soon Kitten K.

Have any of you ladies had the pre-baby blues? I thought something was happening last night, stronger pains than before every 45 minutes, but went to sleep and nothing today. So woke up depressed today, probably because I was geared up for baby, and had a mini melt down with tears for no reason on the lik (poor hubby!). So I was just wondering if anyone else is having this?

I think it is a combination of everyone texting asking if the baby is here yet (I will tell you when it arrives...duh), hoping it would happen last night, the head been engaged for two weeks now and being bored at home - hubby is on nights so I see him for about 2/3 hours a day.

Ok I think I just needed to rant, as I am lonely at home each evening with no company and going up to bed early to watch tv!

So on a happier note, how is everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

bp wrote: »
    Hopefully there will be movement soon Kitten K.
    I thought something was happening last night, stronger pains than before every 45 minutes, but went to sleep and nothing today.

I think it is a combination of everyone texting asking if the baby is here yet (I will tell you when it arrives...duh).
    ?

Honestly, I don't understand the need for people to ask if the baby has arrived. What do they expect you to say?....'yes, it has arrived and we decided to keep it a secret?' :confused:

Anyway girls, what are the pre labour pains actually like? Im sure I'll know when they arrive but can you describe the pain? Is it completely dibilitating for as long as the pain lasts?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NBO

I've very teary the last few days, can't even watch neighbours without getting teary. Every time I say goodbye to friends I'm nearly in tears, what will I be like when hormones really kick in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Any movement girls?

My friend has had increased pressure down below all last night and today so hopefully something will happen over the weekend, will keep you all updated.

thanks for the support all - feel a lot better today, was just down yesterday and have lined up to do stuff/ chat to people over the weekend so that I don't get myself into a slump.

Still continued pains on and off, keep thinking this is it, but the time between pains is just too long.

Been having cramping for the past few days (e.g. period pain in my lower back), so I think something is starting but slowly. Pressure etc down there is continuing as it has been for the past few weeks. Saw doc yesterday and going again next Wednesday so if nothing has happened by then I will start asking about help to get bubba out - I know itn't quite due yet, but I am uncomfortable etc. On the plus side I managed to get a broken sleep until 9am today which is a great improvement, even if I was awake each hour since five!

Kitten K I hope your friend goes soon :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

Hi all,

How is everyone? Still no movement here, I'm not even bothering getting excited by any aches or pains - think there is no moving baby til Sunday. Before I was given induction date, I was over analysing every pain (and there were lots of them!!) and driving myself insane. But now I'm just enjoying the last few days of peace and quiet. Just hoping that induction works and there are no talks of a c section.

Oh only two-three days to go until you meet your little one :-)

that is brilliant :-) put your feet up, have a cream cake and relax!

bp wrote: »
    Oh only two-three days to go until you meet your little one :-)

that is brilliant :-) put your feet up, have a cream cake and relax!

I know, its great but its still very surreal though. I went out for lunch today and just relaxing for the evening now. I think everything is organised but probably forgotten something huge and obvious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Expecting The Unexpected

Oh how exciting we will defo have one baby this weekend! Maybe two. Kitten K and Tilly keep us informed.

Note to self: severe trapped wind does not equal the start of labour. Didn't sleep a wink last night with such bad pains.

The husband is off clearing out the cars and we are collecting the seat today. Waited as long as we cud as the seat has a warranty of two years.

38weeks!

Still no movement Expecting. Due date is today so hopefully he/she will make an appearance over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Note to self: severe trapped wind does not equal the start of labour. Didn't sleep a wink last night with such bad pains.
    38weeks!

I had that last night alongside some blood (from being so constipated I think)... Got such a fright. It was the first time since becoming pregnant that I realised this baby actually had to come out and it won't be easy!!

Tilly - best of luck tomorrow. Will be thinking of you!

kitten_k wrote: »
    Tilly - best of luck tomorrow. Will be thinking of you!

Thanks kitten k! Hopefully things will progress quickly enough. Bit anxious today now but I guess that's natural!

It's totally natural.

What have you got planned for tonight? Your last night at home without baby!!

Nothing major planned, just relaxed for the day in front of the fire watching the rugby matches. Probably just continue along that line and hopefully get a good few hours sleep tonight to prepare myself!

Best of luck. Keep us updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

TillyTally 1st of Feb - CUMH
    NBO 3rd Feb - ??
    LilMrsDahamsta 4th Feb - CUMH Baby boy born 10th Feb
    Sun_Moon_Stars 6th Feb - ??
    Cunning Stunt 6th Feb - ??
    Goldlocks10 8th Feb - Baby girl born 4 Feb
    Kitten_K 9th Feb - Holles Street
    Bp 11th of Feb - Holles Street
    Bummppd 12th Feb - ??
    BabyFeb13 14th Feb - ??
    Missymad 15th Feb - ??
    Annamarie2013 15th Feb - Galway
    Househunter 23rd of Feb - Holles Street
    Expecting the Unexpected 24th of Feb - The Coombe
    Thumby 24th of Feb - The Coombe (possible induction/section in Jan though) - Baby boy born 19 Jan
    Foxy06 27th Feb - Home/Holles Street
    Superstoked 27th Feb - CUMH

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭magicface1

NBO 3rd Feb - ??
    Bummppd 12th Feb - ??
    BabyFeb13 14th Feb - ??
    Missymad 15th Feb - ??
    Thumby 24th of Feb - The Coombe (possible induction/section in Jan though) -
    Baby boy born 19 Jan
    Magicface(partner)24th of Feb holles street.

NBO 3rd Feb - ??
    Bummppd 12th Feb - ??
    BabyFeb13 14th Feb - ??
    Missymad 15th Feb - ??
    Thumby 24th of Feb - The Coombe (possible induction/section in Jan though) - Baby boy born 19 Jan

Congratulations on your new arrival! Hope everything went well for both of you.

Congrats Lilmis!!

And welcome to the thread Magicface

• Advertisement

Congrats lilmrs!! Hopefully everything went well and everyone is feeling good.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Jayden was born at 1.17 this morn weighing 6lb8oz I'm in aw looking at him.. He is the head of my first wen he was born :)

congrats missymaid and lilmrs :-)

I just got the 'show' so very excited....first instinct, finish doing laundry so I can come home to a clean house whenever it decides to appear....at least there is movement!

Oh wow girls. Congratulations. Hope everyone is well!!

I am upset today. In agony with my hips and pelvis and not sleeping. I thought I was gettin a sweep yesterday but the doctor said I was too far back and not ready. I cried the whole way home. I just need some form of progress to get me through these sleepless nights.

Anyway there are bigger problems in the world just hate not being in control and patience is shot.

Oh Expecting I am sorry to hear that. I had that last week with the emotions and the crying....it is so hard when you are so ready and hopeful. I hope you are ok

We got really bad news about a close friends parent last night which put my moaning in perspective for me.

Congratulations Missymad :D

I wonder how Tilly is doing.

Hopefully it won't be long for you both BP & Expecting.

Updated list:

NBO 3rd Feb - ??
    LilMrsDahamsta 4th Feb - CUMH - Baby boy born 10th Feb
    Bummppd 12th Feb - ??
    BabyFeb13 14th Feb - ??
    Missymad 15th Feb - ?? - Baby boy born 12 Feb
    Thumby 24th of Feb - The Coombe (possible induction/section in Jan though) -
    Baby boy born 19 Jan
    Magicface(partner)24th of Feb holles street.

still no movement....was in the hospital today for an appointment and not yet in labour, just losing the mucus plug....that baby is pretty comfortable in there although woke up during the night with shivers that we like convulsions....went on for a few minutes....

hormones!!!

how is everyone else?

Did they give you any indication of how long they will leave you BP?

My friend is 4 days over, we are back in the hospital tomorrow.

oh your poor friend....I thought I would go early but seemingly not :-(

They said I can induction next week if nothing happens....oh I hope something happens

• Advertisement

Yea she is just so fed up and getting more anxious as the days go on. She wants hopefully avoid an induction.

Advertisement