Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Feb 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

your poor friend, the two of us should moan together/ bounce on our balls/ drink tea! :-)

I don't fancy it either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Did they give you an actual day for induction?

no - back with the doc tomorrow week, and if it isn't here yet by then I have to discuss it then....come on out baby for me and kk's friend!

Hopefully you will go before then!

fingers crossed....is there any movement with your friend?

I am hoping the show is a good sign!

• Advertisement

No movement, she hasn't had a show or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Expecting The Unexpected

Morning. One miracle baby boy born yesterday. 7ilbs and 11 Oz. reduced movement, induction, heart beat dropped, emergency section, cord around babies neck three times.

Both of us are doing great now. All very frightening.

Best of luck to everyone. Will be back on in a few days.

Congratulations Expecting. Hope you and baby are doing well!

Updated list:

TillyTally 1st of Feb - CUMH
    NBO 3rd Feb - ??
    LilMrsDahamsta 4th Feb - CUMH - Baby boy born 10th Feb
    Sun_Moon_Stars 6th Feb - ??
    Cunning Stunt 6th Feb - ??
    Goldlocks10 8th Feb - Baby girl born 4 Feb
    Kitten_K 9th Feb - Holles Street
    Bp 11th of Feb - Holles Street
    Bummppd 12th Feb - ??
    BabyFeb13 14th Feb - ??
    Missymad 15th Feb - ?? - Baby boy born 12 Feb
    Annamarie2013 15th Feb - Galway
    Househunter 23rd of Feb - Holles Street
    Expecting the Unexpected 24th of Feb - The Coombe - Baby boy born 13 Feb
    Thumby 24th of Feb - The Coombe (possible induction/section in Jan though) -
    Baby boy born 19 Jan
    Magicface(partner)24th of Feb holles street.
    Foxy06 27th Feb - Home/Holles Street
    Superstoked 27th Feb - CUMH

So we were back in the hospital this morning, if she has not gone by next Thursday she has to go for a scan (I am out Wednesday night for my mam's 50th so will have to be careful what I drink) and then if she hasn't gone by Saturday they will bring her in to be induced (my mam's 50th birthday party is Saturday night!!!)

She is happy she finally has an idea what will happen if baby doesn't come on it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Morning. One miracle baby boy born yesterday. 7ilbs and 11 Oz. reduced movement, induction, heart beat dropped, emergency section, cord around babies neck three times.

Both of us are doing great now. All very frightening.

Best of luck to everyone. Will be back on in a few days.

An congratulations expecting!!! Sounds very frightening but am delighted to know you new son arrived safe and sound. Lovely size for a week and a half early. Hope your Coombe care is ok.... Will be looking forward to hearing all :)

• Advertisement

yellow hen wrote: »

An congratulations expecting!!! Sounds very frightening but am delighted to know you new son arrived safe and sound. Lovely size for a week and a half early. Hope your Coombe care is ok.... Will be looking forward to hearing all :)

Oh expecting I am so glad everyone is ok! My little man came earlier today - a 9.5 bruiser!!

bp wrote: »
    Oh expecting I am so glad everyone is ok! My little man came earlier today - a 9.5 bruiser!!

Oh my god it's all go on this thread!!! Congrats bp. Little bruiser indeed....hope he's a little chubby ball of cuddles to his mammy :)

Congratulations BP!!!

Updated list:

NBO 3rd Feb - ??
    Goldlocks10 8th Feb - Baby girl born 4 Feb
    Bp 11th of Feb - Holles Street Baby boy born 14th Feb
    Bummppd 12th Feb - ??
    BabyFeb13 14th Feb - ??
    Missymad 15th Feb - ?? - Baby boy born 12 Feb
    Expecting the Unexpected 24th of Feb - The Coombe - Baby boy born 13 Feb
    Baby boy born 19 Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NBO

My perfect little man arrived by C-section on the 8th Feb. 7lb 4 which is huge for me as I'm not even 5'. Congrats to all who've already had their babies, it is amazing and I don't think anyone can prepare you for how wonderful it is.

Congratulations NBO. Lots of little boys being born.

Updated list:

NBO 3rd Feb - ?? Baby boy born 8th Feb
    Goldlocks10 8th Feb - Baby girl born 4th Feb
    Bummppd 12th Feb - ??
    BabyFeb13 14th Feb - ??
    Missymad 15th Feb - ?? - Baby boy born 12th Feb
    Expecting the Unexpected 24th of Feb - The Coombe - Baby boy born 13th Feb
    Baby boy born 19th Jan

Hopefully everyone starts moving soon

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Expecting The Unexpected

Hi ladies, now a few days after giving birth and thought I would check in! There has been some action!!!! Congratulations BP!!! Please tell me you called the baby Valentine!! Or Romeo?!

Everyone still waiting to pop for the first time please don't be nervous. So many people tell you dramatic stories and I had it tough enough but would do it all again right now without question. It's sounds hippy ish but at the time I really felt like and kept thinking my body was made for this and with every contraction it just felt right.

Yellow hen the delivery suite in the Coombe was really modern and a lovely room. You have nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

Hi everyone and congratulations to all the new mummies and babies-well done everyone!!

Baby Josh arrived on Feb 11th weighing 8lbs 11oz - so delighted with him, he's perfect if a bit of a shock size wise...ouch! Home since Thursday and its a very steep learning curve. He's a hungry baby so I seem to be feeding around the clock, surviving on two hours sleep right now with no chance of naps because of visitors. But sure i wouldn't change a thing with him either!!

Good luck to all the expectant mummies!

Congrats Tilly!!!!

Updated list:

TillyTally 1st of Feb - CUMH Baby boy born 11th Feb
    NBO 3rd Feb - ?? Baby boy born 8th Feb
    Goldlocks10 8th Feb - Baby girl born 4th Feb
    Bummppd 12th Feb - ??
    BabyFeb13 14th Feb - ??
    Missymad 15th Feb - ?? - Baby boy born 12th Feb
    Expecting the Unexpected 24th of Feb - The Coombe - Baby boy born 13th Feb
    Baby boy born 19th Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

God girls im not due for another 11 days but im desperate to get this guy out. just not able for two toddlers while heavily pregnant. Im so jealous of all u that have had your babies!! congrats all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Pains started Friday 5pm, went into the hospital Saturday at 2pm where I was assessed and declared 1 -2 cms dilated.

5am Sunday I asked for some more pain relief as I was pretty bad. I was examined again and told... 1 - 2 cms dilated. I couldn't believe it, 5 days overdue and nothing happening for 15 hours!!

They induced me at that point and at 12:17 my daughter was born. Her father blubbered like a teen at a One Direction concert.

Congrats to all the Feb mammies so far and good luck to the Feb mams-to-be.

It may have started. She woke me at 5.10 to say that she has been getting pains. They are not very frequent or strong so she is sitting on her ball watching tv hoping to move it along.

Well it was a false alarm. Pains started at 3, she woke me around 5. Pain continued until 9.30 and then just stopped!! Her stomach still felt really tight and baby wasn't moving as much as normal so she rang the hospital and they said go in.

We went in and they done a scan to check the fluid and a trace on baby's heartbeat. All is fine so the plan remains the same, another scan on Thursday and induction on Saturday.

Congrats misty cheese... Your comment re your oh made me laugh, I think mine would be the exact same!! Not dilating after such a long time is my worst fear :( great that little one arrived safe anyway.

Kitten k.... Total bummer to gt your hopes up only to find out it was a fakes alarm. Hopefully they were every strong braxton hicks indicating that labour is imminent. Fingers crossed!

YH the midwife said that it normal for first time mothers to have pains and then stop.

Sorry if it is TMI but she just had her show! So at least we are heading in the right direction.

kitten_k wrote: »
    YH the midwife said that it normal for first time mothers to have pains and then stop.

Sorry if it is TMI but she just had her show! So at least we are heading in the right direction.

No the more information the better!! Sounds like things will happen in the next few days! Good luck!

Thanks YH. She will be delighted if she goes naturally instead of being induced.

How you getting on?

I'm grand. 4 days left in work, 2.5 weeks to due date and feeling it at the minute. Back beginning to get sore and I'm exhausted but ill be grand. I love reading everyone else's waiting periods so I get a better idea of what's coming. I'm a terribly impatient person so it'll be interesting to see how I cope when it's completely out of my control!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

yellow hen wrote: »
    Not dilating after such a long time is my worst fear :(

Don't worry too much, they can give you Pitocin to help you along in the early stages and if your labour is still slow in the delivery room, Oxytocin.

Mine was slow and there was talk of c-section because the waters were discolored. One of the nurses checked me after about 2 hours and I was still not even 3 cms. Then they started me on the Oxytocin. After another 3 hours or so I was checked again and the nurse asked if I'd like the really good news.

It ran through my mind "she's gonna say 'section'", at that point I would've welcomed it coz I just wanted it to be over. No, instead she declared "You're 10 cms, time to start pushing." The relief in the room was so palpable you could've cut it with a knife! And that was (almost) it, less than an hour later she was out.

So here's hoping you have a lovely, straight forward, as uneventful as possible delivery.

• Advertisement

I am sure you be fine. Hopefully the rest of the week goes quick in work for you.

Advertisement