Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Feb 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

hey kitten k i have had that stopping and starting for a few weeks now and its so annoying thinking things are happening only for them to stop. the show is a good sign things will be happening soon. all the best

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Updated list (MistyCheese I worked your dates from your post so correct me if I am wrong):

TillyTally 1st of Feb - CUMH Baby boy born 11th Feb
    NBO 3rd Feb - ?? Baby boy born 8th Feb
    LilMrsDahamsta 4th Feb - CUMH - Baby boy born 10th Feb
    Sun_Moon_Stars 6th Feb - ??
    Cunning Stunt 6th Feb - ??
    Goldlocks10 8th Feb - Baby girl born 4th Feb
    Kitten_K 9th Feb - Holles Street
    Bp 11th of Feb - Holles Street Baby boy born 14th Feb
    Bummppd 12th Feb - ??
    MistyCheese 12th Feb - Coombe - Baby girl born 17th Feb
    BabyFeb13 14th Feb - ??
    Missymad 15th Feb - ?? - Baby boy born 12th Feb
    Annamarie2013 15th Feb - Galway
    Househunter 23rd of Feb - Holles Street
    Expecting the Unexpected 24th of Feb - The Coombe - Baby boy born 13th Feb
    Thumby 24th of Feb - The Coombe (possible induction/section in Jan though) -
    Baby boy born 19th Jan
    Magicface(partner)24th of Feb holles street.
    Foxy06 27th Feb - Home/Holles Street
    Superstoked 27th Feb - CUMH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

That's right Kitten_K, at The Coombe.

I was quite far along when I found I was pregnant so I wasn't here for the start of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Hi all,

so six days since delivery day and all is going well! Got out on Sunday and settling in at home but he finds it hard to sleep when it is dark so have been leaving a light on at night....must change that habit soon!!

My labour went well actually - about 11pm on the night of the 13th I wasn't sleeping/ feeling well so went to the spare room and had to try and sleep sitting up. Contractions on and off but nothing regular. Then woke up at 6am and they felt different. Woke the hubby to time them for an hour and they were 3 minutes apart about 45 seconds each so got up, showered etc and headed to hospital. They were close together and regular immediately.

I was 1cm gone when they checked me out so they broke the waters. Within two hours I was 3cm gone, then two hours later just under 5cm. Then we took to standing through contractions (which is really sore!!!) but within a further two hours I was 9cm gone and he came a little while later.

Didn't take the epidural in the end (not that I had much choice at 9cm) but felt good after because I could walk around and shower immediately.

Gas helped me concentrate on my breathing and standing really helped the baby drop lower and get out faster!

Anyways in love with him, cannot imagine life without him....or with sleep!!!

Congrats to all who've had their little person so far and good luck to those who are waiting!

My friend had a baby girl in the early hours of this morning. Will post in more detail when I get a chance.

Kitten_K 9th Feb - Holles Street - Baby girl born 21st Feb
    Bummppd 12th Feb - ??
    BabyFeb13 14th Feb - ??
    Baby boy born 19th Jan
    Foxy06 27th Feb - Home/Holles Street
    Superstoked 27th Feb - CUMH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

kitten_k wrote: »
    My friend had a baby girl in the early hours of this morning. Will post in more detail when I get a chance.

Big Congrats to your Friend Kitten K i was keeping an eye out to see if there was any update. Hope all are doing well.

Thanks Elly. Mother and baby are doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Congrats kitten k! Looking forward to hearing the details!

yellow hen wrote: »
    Congrats kitten k! Looking forward to hearing the details!

Ah congrats to your friend kitten k :-) enjoy baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Quick question girls, when did you get your carseat put in?

• Advertisement

yellow hen wrote: »
    Quick question girls, when did you get your carseat put in?

We put ours in a week early to get used to it being back there. We did it ourselves but the ISO base was a pain to get the leg down....requires force!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭magicface1

Due date today and no movement yet. Have a feeling that baby will not come today but you'd never know.

magicface1 wrote: »
    Due date today and no movement yet. Have a feeling that baby will not come today but you'd never know.

Any sign of bubba?

No sign as of yet.. No real signs either :( some little pains in chest and some heart burn. Hopefully maybe today..

due today and had a sweep this morning. getting pains but not like labour pains. hopefully ill go soon

We have movement can't wait oh the excitement..

good luck magic face let us know how u get on. hopefully i wont be far behind u

I wonder if Magicface1 had her baby yet.

Am back at work today :(

Can't believe it was a only a week yesterday since my friend had her baby, feels like alot longer!

As I mention earlier in the thread we were in the hospital on the Monday (18th) and were sent home. The pains continued on the Tuesday and got really bad around midnight, we got to Holles St about 5.30am on the Wednesday. They examined her and said she wasn't dilated and therefore wasn't in labour. But because her pains were so strong they would keep her for a few hours and monitor her. So we were moved to Unit 3.

About 8.30am they were coming every 5 mins but the midwife said they needed to be every 3 mins and she needed to be 1cm dilated before she could go back to the labour ward. The midwife said it was unlikely she would have the baby that day or that night. My friend said she didn't want to go home so the midwife agreed to let her stay.

We spent the day walking around Holles St. I was told I would need to be gone by 9 as she wouldn't have the baby that night. I left at 8.30 and went to have a drink with my mam for her birthday (50th). I rang the hospital at 11pm to check on her and the midwife said she was still the same and they were about to give her petidine. I slept in my parents as they live near Holles St and got to bed at 12.30am.

The hospital called me at 1.30am to go back in. We were transferred to the labour ward about 2.30am. The baby was put on a trace for a while, her heartbeat was a bit low, they gave my friend the epidural and then they do a blood test on the baby. Oxygen levels were low so it was straight to theatre for an emercent C section. It is amazing how quickly it all happened.

A healthy baby girl was born at 4.46am weighing 7lbs 1. She ended up having to spend 2 nights in SCBU as she had green vomit, turned out to just be that she swallowed some merconium (sp?).

We can not fault the staff is Holles St, they were brilliant. The only thing we didn't like was that on the morning they were let home they were rushed out!! I hadn't arrived yet with the car seat and they told my friend that if I wasn't there soon, she would have to wait on a chair in the hall!!

still no baby folks :-( feel like hes never coming! 5 days over and counting......

7 days over now. lonely on this thread. everyone must have their babies!

• Advertisement

Hopefully it won't be too much longer Foxy!!

Yea thread has gone very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

foxy06 wrote: »
    7 days over now. lonely on this thread. everyone must have their babies!

Aw foxy hope u go soon! I'm from the may thread (due the 2nd) & imagine will be like u going well over! Just means the baba is comfy in there :)

Congrats Foxy

Bummppd 12th Feb - ??
    BabyFeb13 14th Feb - ??
    Baby boy born 19th Jan
    Foxy06 27th Feb - Home/Holles Street Baby boy born 8th March
    Superstoked 27th Feb - CUMH[/QUOTE]

Well my friends little girl was one month old yesterday! Crazy how quick it goes.

How are all the Feb mammies and babies getting on?

Well how are all the little munchkins gettting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭annamarie2013

All going great. A very active toddler on our hands now, what a difference the few months makes. Do any of you have any nice recipes for dinners? I feel I am giving variations of the same thing all the time!:)

We just give my friends little one whatever we are having. Only cook her something else if we are having anything spicy

How are the Feb 2013 bubbas getting on since?? :):)
    Happy New Year!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

my little man is flying it gotten so big and super clever. into everything at the moment.. Would make you smile every day(on top of driving you crackers)... He has a new little bro or sis to look forward to this year so we'll have loads of fun... Happy New Year to you to :)

• Advertisement

Yes I wonder if it's just us who will think they are so clever? 😀😀😀 We have the same this side! Into everything & speech coming on a lot the last few weeks.

Advertisement