Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Feb 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Hey Kitten_K,

I am going Holles St, I rang through to the ultra sound people in Holles St and booked the 12 scan the same morning I go in for my bloods etc. I am paying an extra 100e for this. but the standard now is 16-18 week scan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Thanks for your help Yellow Hen and BP

no problem - this is a good place to get answers....especially if you are like me and have a million questions!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 theoldoll

Thanks bp, I was BM last week and no one noticed thankfully! The dresses were quite loose around the tummy so I was ok! No news for me on a scan yet, have a 2nd doc apt next week so hopefully will have an idea of scan dates etc then!

I'll definitely have to get a new wedding dress though, as my tummy is getting pretty round already, so gutted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Expecting The Unexpected

Theoldoll - I cant believe you have to get a new wedding dress!! Hopefully you havent paid for the first one? There are so many options out there in terms of dresses you will definitely find one that suits. The main thing is also comfort! Its a long and the last thing you need is to be uncomfortable.

We are all very shy! Has anyone had their first appointments in hosiptal yet? any of the private ladies? I am 9 weeks and have mine on the 13th of August. I know it can take hours assume everyone brings their OH for the whole appointment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

Finally I'm able to join in the conversation. I wasn't sure whether I should be in the January or February thread...initally was given a due date of January 27th! But I had my first hospital appointment and scan on Monday and I'm 12+5 so due Feb 1st. Still all very weird and surreal for me cos I've (luckily) had very little symptoms. Even the scan didn't make it seem that real, it was so quick adn really impersonal that we both felt like we were looking at someone else's grey blobs on the screen!! I'm guessing that when we tell family, friends and work colleagues that it will finally become a reality...that and the fact I can't fit into any of my jeans already.

Congrats Tilly Tally - yeah my work clothes are a little tight too....I got those trousers extender things in mother care and then wear long tops to cover the gap!

I amn't getting my first scan until the 15th of August (this was the next available appointment) and cannot wait! Like you I don't have many symptoms so it doesn't feel real! We will tell people that weekend then - after letting it sink in first :-)

I am going semi-private so was told I will be in and out in the hour - bloods and speak to the nurse for 30 mins and the scan. The hubby better come....see what he has done :-)

Well my firend heard from Holles Street yesterday. She is booked in for her first appointment with them on 23rd August but this doesn't include a scan. When she asked about a scan they gave her a date of 25th September!! So she has booked a private one with them (€120) for tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed everything goes well.

We shared an apartment together so it should be fun getting it kitted out for the new arrival. I am also her birthing partner so that shuld be a good experience!

I'm blaming "baby brain" but I forgot to say congratulations to everyone on here!!

bp - my appointment was quite long to be honest, and not just the waiting. I was in and out for the scan within 20 minutes but the session with the midwife took over an hour. They have a massive amount of questions to go through and stuff to give you. I had my bloods done the week before at my doctors so I was able to just bring the results with me - saved alot of time apparently. I had my OH with me, no way was I doing that all on my own. It was good he was there too cos they look for a medical history of the father and his family. I wouldn't have known alot of that.

Thanks Tilly Tally - Jayus, how long will I need for this, because I amn't taking the time off work, just telling the boss I will be a little late! Maybe I should - might need a sit down once I see the baby (fingers crossed). first child so nervous as you can imagine!!!!

• Advertisement

It could be different hospitals take different lengths of time. I'm going to CUMH and I was there for 2 1/2 hours. I had a small amount of waiting for the scan and then for the midwife but it wasn't that much.
    First child for me too and I was nearly fainting before the scan cos I was so nervous - I had it in my head that something would be wrong. But thankfully it was all fine, baby moving around happily and good strong heartbeat!!

glad to hear it :-) I am counting down the days until the scan, just to make sure everything is ok

So my friend and I went for her scan today. She is 12 weeks tomorrow. Was good to hear everything is ok and to see the baby on the screen!!

that is deadly - congrats to the friend Kitten_K

One quarter of the way there! I know I only knew at six weeks, but that past month has flown!!!

Getting more and more excited about the scan!

Hopefully the weeks to the scan fly in for you too BP

bp-When is your scan booked for? Its great having the reassurance of it. I'm sure everything will be fine anyway!

We told all our family and friends over the weekend. Its weird now to have everyone know rather than it being our little secret. I have to tell work this week and I'm half dreading that. I work in a small family business and I don't know how they will react. I know they can't give out to me or do anything as the law is on my side, but I do feel a bit like I'm letting them down when they are half struggling as it is. Then on the other hand, I'm delighted to think I'll be off work for at least 6 months!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Expecting The Unexpected

Went for scan today. The private scan in the merrion fetal clinic. It was so nice there it makes me wish I was going to Mount carmel! We saw our tinchy baby moving around like mad and doing flips and everything! Was very strange. The baby is healthy and actually I am a week further a long then I thought I was. So I am now dues on the 17th of Feb and not the 24th and am 11 weeks and 2 days. Soo happy as it means we can tell people next week if we want and I was wondering why my clothes were so tight. :)

I have 9 pictures (One of the baby stretching out his/her hand) and will be shocking my parents and my husbands parents with these tonight!! Wish us luck!! We are yet to tell them as they will be over bearing!! In a nice way!

That's great news! I am sure telling the grandparents will be great fun, they will be so excited.

You will have to pop in tomorrow to tell us how they react.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

I'm new (ish) to boards and found out a few weeks ago that i'm due on Valentines day (of all days) so i thought i'd pop in and say hey, although i've been warned i could end up being induced in jan sometime so i'm not quite sure which "month" i should popping into, but i figured i'd hang out on this thread until i know if that's ok with you guys (girls) :)

• Advertisement

Welcome Thumby and congrats! I didn't post for ages either cos I originally had a due date of January but thought it was wrong...only barely though - Feb 1st instead! So feel free to join us here.

Expecting - thats great that the scan went so well. Hope telling your families went well. I found telling our families and friends last week was the thing that made it very real!

Welcome Thumby and congrats! I didn't post for ages either cos I originally had a due date of January but thought it was wrong...only barely though - Feb 1st instead! So feel free to join us here.

Expecting - thats great that the scan went so well. Hope telling your families went well. I found telling our families and friends last week was the thing that made it very real!

Thanks TillyTally,

My own dates actually had me due later than the 14th but a couple of early scans both confirmed Valentines, of all days :-) But sure they get here when they want and that's that, we've no choice in the matter, we just gestate them :D Although at the rate this babs is progressing i'd be verry surprised if I don't go in jan, I can't even see myself having to be induced.

Hope everyone is doin well and enjoyin the rare bit of sunshine we're having :-)

Hi all,

My scan is tomorrow week, soooo excited! went to the dentist this morning, don't think baby enjoyed the filling any more than I did! Although it was probably all in my head! at a wedding recently - but was showing by the end of the night - although hopefully people will put that down to too much food :-)

Best of luck BP, hopefully the next week goes quickly for you.

Hope the week flys by for ya pb. How long were you waiting on your hosp appointment? I'm still waiting on mine and i supposed to have a 12 week scan as i'd already had one unscheduled (read emergency) appointment and a follow up scan. I'm still bleeding waiting though :-(

Good luck bp, hope the days go quickly for you. Its a great relief to have the scan over with and be able to tell people.

thanks all :-)

Hey Thumby, I hope everything is ok. I will be thinking of you both x

bp wrote: »
    thanks all :-)

Hey Thumby, I hope everything is ok. I will be thinking of you both x

Ah thank pb, i'm well used to it now, it's just like yourself, the waiting that kills me lol. I didn't look at my emergency scans, i didn't want to see anything if it wasn't staying put and now i'm raging, himself of course got a great gawk but me zip, lol. Ah well just roll on the appointment, for both of us. :D At this stage you'll def be able to see/hear heartbeat and everything else, I really do hope the week goes quickly for ya :-)

Hey Thumby, you will see the proper scan soon don't worry :-) by the way, had to book the semi private apt about four/ five weeks ago and couldn't get first choice of doc - then again you only see them at the end if something is wrong so hopefully it will be us and the midwife becoming fast friends!!!!

• Advertisement

Evenin pb :-) i think i'll be bookin a private scan myself if i don't hear back from the hospital soon. I'll be 13 weeks on monday so at the rate things are goin it'll be a gender scan by the time i get on lol. I wouldn't worry about not seein a doc, if anything that'd make me happier :-D i'm sure you'll get on grand with the midwife. Oh what day is your scan booked for? Tis getting closer :-D

Advertisement