Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Feb 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I am going in Wednesday morning for the here are my medical details discussion and then booked the scan for afterwards.

Standard practice now is to have the first scan at 16-18 weeks, which is way too long for me to wait!

Oh mothers (ours!) I got told yesterday that I should go on a diet because my trousers won't close, and a friends daughter didn't shown until 20 weeks so I am just getting fat!!!!

That gave me a laugh!!! Thought that might make people giggle!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Ha ha that gas BP. You all set for your scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Lmao pb! If it makes ya feel any better my gp's first words to me at a check up a couple of weeks ago were "omg you're massive". Good luck tomorrow. I've got my hospital appointment on friday, which i only found out about a couple of hours ago ffs.

Well it is good that you got a laugh, I aim to please!

Oh I am so glad you got the appointment - I know you were waiting for it :-)
    now you will have the proper photo that you can look at!

so excited to see bump/ make sure everything is ok. I asked work for a pay rise about two months ago (before I knew), so hopefully they tell me before the announcement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Expecting The Unexpected

Hi Girls - I went for the 12 week appointment yesterday. I am in the comb. Was in and out in the hour which was great. Was a bit disspointed with the service to be honest. I am used to going private in hospital and going semi private this time but I felt a bit dismissd. I had loads of questions on a list and the student taking my information couldnt answer half of them and told me to do my own research online etc. It annoyed me. I also had my scan which was rubbish!! The quality was REALLY bad and she wizzed through it in 5 mins. I got a private scan at 10 weeks which showed a lot more than the one yesterday. She didnt tell me anything I wanted to know like the length of the baby, where the placenta was etc. Just that the baby had a heart beat and looked healthy. Not even how many beats a minute. The pictures are terrible. In my first scan I can see the spin and everything. In the scan I got yesterday they handed my 7 pics of a long blob. Its just upsetting. Obviously I am happy that based on her 5 mins of looking the baby is healthy but just disspointed.

ALSO! On my 10 week scan she said I had a due date of the 17th of FEb (On a much better scanning machine) and the one in the comb told me I was wrong that it was the 24th. So dont know which one to believe.

Its annoying cause there wasnt even a Q and I paid 80 for it. I kinda want to complain.

Thanks pb. I know i'm being silly being so anxious and everything, i know the babs is flyin, i'm feelin movement so strong that even my OH can feel it sometimes as well. :-D i guess it's because of everything that happened at the early stages i just need to see babs now if ya know what i mean? Hopefully they will scan me on friday, if not i'll have to book a private one. Don't forget to let us know how you get on tomorrow.

Sorry to hear your appointment was so bad Expecting! If you feel you want to complain then you should, or you should at least mention it at your next appointment.

I am sorry to hear that Expecting - to be honest I am afraid that I will get much of the same tomorrow, but hopefully not! I want a nice image to show people especially as we are paying for this one ourselves.

I think the big scan is at 16-18 weeks, but I will try and get my questions in there either way!

Where are you getting your scan BP?

• Advertisement

Damn, my reply to expecting didn't post...
    Expecting i would def complain if i was you. I have only ever gone public and wouldn't put up with that. I had a major run in with a consultant my last pregnancy and read both him and the head gynie the riot act. No one should feel like you do after an appointment, money aside. Seeing as you have paid money and will continue to do so i would def be makin a point to let them know how you are feeling.

Well ladies, I had the private scan in Hollis St this morning (in the private clinic - I wish I could afford to go there!!) anyways, am further along then the GP thought so I am almost 14 weeks....not fat!! :-)

Everything is good, the baby was sitting on its ass so the person doing the scan made it kick its legs out to make sure they move etc (it didn't like that). But all good, so I am happier now. Himself had a sneaky tear in his eye which is sweet!

BP that's great. That is where my friend had her scan, lovely place.

So what date are you due?

they now think around the 16th of Feb, down from the 26th....so I am firmly in the due Feb 2013 part of boards! Now I have to move scans around to get the 16-18 week one. and the best part...my 20 week scan is on my 30th birthday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Expecting The Unexpected

Oh thats great BP! how exciting!

Thats wher I went as well to the private clinic in Holles street. They are really nice there and I loved it. They also told me I was furhter a long then I thought. By a week. Then when I went to the rubbish scan in the coombe they said I was my original date. I kinda want to believe the Holles street scan cause the machine was much better and you could see a lot more. So I am saying the 17th of Feb instead of the 24th!!

I have kinda calmed down after my appointment the other day. I think I will still complain but I am less upset.

Bp i'm delighted you got on so well :-) expecting i'll be joining you in sending in a complaint about the sonographer in the coombe! The one i had was an absolute idiot. She told me i've to take word as gospel. That was fair enough but the muppet can't do simple math. She said i was 12+5 yesterday not 13+5 fair enough except for a few discrepancies, 1st that somehow changes my due date by ten days, not 7???WTF??? 2nd, if her dates are right then how in the name god was i getting pos hpts with clear blue digital 2 days after my period was due sayin i was 3 weeks pregnant? Uuuugggghhhh i'm extremely annoyed over this so myself and oh are going for a private scan in 4 weeks in newbridge, after we get home from my next hospital appointment. On the plus side the babs is doing great, i can see fingers and toes etc in my scan pic :-D the rest of the staff in the hospital were lovely btw oh and midwife is expecting me to deliver in jan. Hope everyone is doing good today.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭goldlocks10

Hi. I'm 15 weeks just say I would say hi. Having loads of hip pain out sick for two days. But good today thanks to the physio.

Hey goldlocks. Congrats :-) how are you feeling now, any better?

Hi. Gp put me off work for a week they don't know what is causing pain maybe my pelvis but very early to get that. I'm 15 weeks.

welcome Goldlocks :-) I hope you are feeling ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Hi. Gp put me off work for a week they don't know what is causing pain maybe my pelvis but very early to get that. I'm 15 weeks.

Hey sorry to snoop in, but I had back and hip pain from about week 9....and it only got worse! I was able to get into the physio around week 18 finally and she said that a lot of times pelvis and hip pain comes from when the pelvis seperates from the relaxin it has moved apart weird and you start carrying your weight strange early on. She also told me that pregnant women get the biggest surges of relaxin from weeks 8-15. So that its perfectly normal for problems to crop up early and that it can actually be better that way since you can nip it in the bud when you are more mobile than at 30 weeks when you have a big bump in the way!!

Best of luck and i hope you start feeling better soon! :D

Rachineire wrote: »

Hey sorry to snoop in, but I had back and hip pain from about week 9....and it only got worse! I was able to get into the physio around week 18 finally and she said that a lot of times pelvis and hip pain comes from when the pelvis seperates from the relaxin it has moved apart weird and you start carrying your weight strange early on. She also told me that pregnant women get the biggest surges of relaxin from weeks 8-15. So that its perfectly normal for problems to crop up early and that it can actually be better that way since you can nip it in the bud when you are more mobile than at 30 weeks when you have a big bump in the way!!

Best of luck and i hope you start feeling better soon! :D

Hi. Thanks going back to physio on thurs so hopefully know more. Gp said physio is the only thing I can do. Hopefully your right

well I thought I would share with you all that I have been laughing for the past five minutes straight for no reason...in fact I am crying I am laughing so hard!

you gotta love hormones!

So how is everyone this week?

I'm doing the same bp but in saying that i'm watching carry on doctor. Aside from that i'm as big as a house already (14-16 in maternity clothes from a normal size 8). I'm back up in the hospital on the 14th though, only 4 weeks after my first app. On the plus side OH brought me out for a lovely dinner friday night so that cheered me up no end :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 QPDB9

Hi everyone!
    Hope you're all feeling better these days. I had my first cons appt today in hs at 15+6. Had a scan which I wasn't expecting, all I could see was grey fuzz but the doc said it looked good. Proper scan will be at week 21, hope I'll be able to see something baby shaped then! Going to tell work this week, belly's more than a food baby so don't think I'll get away with it much longer. Looking forward to chats over the next few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

QPDB9 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    Hope you're all feeling better these days. I had my first cons appt today in hs at 15+6. Had a scan which I wasn't expecting, all I could see was grey fuzz but the doc said it looked good. Proper scan will be at week 21, hope I'll be able to see something baby shaped then! Going to tell work this week, belly's more than a food baby so don't think I'll get away with it much longer. Looking forward to chats over the next few months!

I had my booking in appointment yesterday too. Didn't get a scan but heard the heart beat :-) exactly 14 weeks and looking forward to the big scan in a few weeks :-)

I'm not due my big scan till 19th of october, but i'm back up to see my consultant in two weeks, looks like i'll be living in the coombe for the duration as they said i more than likely won't be transfered to the midwife led clinics :-( ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

Hi everyone! hope everyone is doing ok. I'm looking for advice - has anyone any good head cold remedies?? I'm all stuffed up since Monday and I'm badly missing being able to take nice strong drugs like solpasinus and nurofen cold&flu!! Panadol tablets are about as useful as smarties to me!

Hey tilly tally,
    Eucalyptus oil in an oil burner in the room will help relieve a stuffed up head a bit. And try a bowl full of steaming water with a towel over your head as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

Thanks for that, I'll try those this evening. I don't think they'd appreciate me doing that in work right now!! So annoying though, I'm definitely going to find out about the flu jab at my next check up - I don't want to be sick all winter when I can't take anything for it.

Advertisement